• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Better euphoria? DXM vs. Ecstasy

If you have tried both, which do you think has the best quality of euphoria?

• DXM

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • MDMA (ecstacy)

Votes: 39 81.3%

• Total voters

chaoticc

Bluelighter
I remember as clearly as the sky is today, my very first experience on a drug. it was DXM.

See, most people would disagree with me on this, because dxm is viewed by the majority as a 'generic drug', but out of all the drugs i've done in my lifetime, dxm still happens to be one of my favorites.

I've opened up so many doors in my mind with dxm.. every single trip has been a jawdropping experience for me. So, I started tripping on dxm when I was 15, and I didn't roll until I was 17. I never actually knew what rolling felt like until I did it, and then I realized that the VERY samy euphoria I get from ecstasy, I get from dxm as well.. but only when i'm listening to music.

But the thing is, it feels so much better on dxm to me.. don't get me wrong I love some molly every once in a while, but I would prefer dxm.

When I listen to music on dxm I feel like I become part of the music, and when I hear a strong melody that makes me happy, I can literally feel it traveling through my body, getting stronger as the melodies get deeper. Just like when i'm on ecstasy!

Everytime i've talked about this to a friend, i'm always looked at weird because nobody else I know can relate to me.

Does anybody else feel this way? And if you prefer dxm to ecstasy, what are your reasons as to why?

Mdma is a lot better for the euphoria part,
but its so hard to find good bombs and not waste your 5-10 bucks on them.

Dxm has its own euphoria, not like ecstasy, in my mind,
but the good thing about dxm you can buy it for much as you would a fair priced e-bomb or get two bottles for the price of a more expensive bomb or two fair priced ones, but unlike ecstasy there is a guarantee that the product is what its supposed to be. :p

And with Dxm you can get intense euphoria without interaction with other people unlike Mdma can be sometimes.
And if you're not a real people person like me its easier to go to a store and buy cough syrup instead of having to ask around for a hour or two at a rave to find the best shit with sometimes sketchy people, because
almost every dealer I was friends with stepped out of the dealing game though.

I lost a lot of friends from abusing so much dxm, just because i became someone else, not on a higher plane of conscious or some shit, just brought out my misanthropic alienated child side of me. Where as on ecstasy I gained a lot of new friends.

Last edited:
Well I abused the crap out of DXM for like 2 years before ever hitting trying Ectasy. Something about dosing 5-6 times a week seems to detriment serotonin functions (and I guess highs).

Although I had only done dxm like twice in the last 4-5 months, I don't think I ever felt a proper "roll." Most tries feel like meth but definitely have more cloudy, dumb, un-inhibited energy and desire to socialize. And then it became just cloudy and dumb and I was stuck awake (was the first time i consumed meth too). I had strong visuals after the peak. Everything morphed into a face and looked angry at me. Family photo was pretty messed up. It wasn't disturbing, though; I actually felt almost nothing at all. Any dark spots were angry bugs.

And then like 2-4 days depression.

Future attempts felt like eating some mephedrone after coming down from heavy mdpv.. Although I had never experienced such things yet. I felt dumb and fucked up and cloudy and my brain felt like it was swirling and dirty but there was a burning electrical kind of euphoria. Think the high degraded into a overstimulated head buzz. Then some kind of angry loathing started coming. I snorted a pill. Pain and blood and I only got dumber and my grimace (was a grin for a little while) deepens. Then anger and depression for days. Cool.

When I went back to DXM in like a month or two it seemed my tolerance had been completely reset. I even had the size-distortions and couldn't sit up during the peak and most awesomely the music was back and was awesome even during the comedown. But actually it only lasted 2 and a half trips.

I'm pretty sure MDMA has the potential to be way better (depending a bit on preference). I'd gamble that DXM is to MDMA as Methylphenidate(or mdpv) is to dexamphetamine. Especially in reference to the style and comeup subjective high. In others. "GOING UP UP GOOD!" compared to "WHOOSH-GO!"

I'd prefer DXM. I was way the hell too annoying and chatty on the first few "decent" rolls. My serotonin system is weakened somehow I feel. I used to LOVE mornings. Now I have fear and doubt and shame for nearly 2 hours after waking (used to be closer to 3). Then I'm 100%. Body temperature takes nearly as long to "wake up" also.

But I'm pretty sure someone who ate MDMA 200 days out of the year (and prolly 110ish the next year) would feel crappier. But I haven't really read up about that.

Last edited:
I lost a lot of friends from abusing so much dxm, just because i became someone else, just brought out my misanthropic alienated child side of me. Where as on ecstasy I gained a lot of new friends.

I would definately agree with you on that part, which is one of the reasons why I don't trip that often anymore. However, bringing the 'alienated child' side of me may just be one of the reasons why I can't let go of dxm. It brings me back to a time when I had no worries and quite a fierce imagination.

After a while of taking dxm, especially during the after-glow.. I was always incredibly hyper and way too easily amused. Couldn't sit still, or anything.. sort of like a happy puppy dog that gets in your face and shit, ha. Nevertheless I didn't care.. I didn't need friends while on dxm. I didn't need anything but my candy and my techno. ;)

Well I abused the crap out of DXM for like 2 years before ever hitting trying Ectasy. Something about dosing 5-6 times a week seems to detriment serotonin functions (and I guess highs).

Although I had only done dxm like twice in the last 4-5 months, I don't think I ever felt a proper "roll."

When I went back to DXM in like a month or two it seemed my tolerance had been completely reset. I even had the size-distortions and couldn't sit up during the peak and most awesomely the music was back and was awesome even during the comedown. But actually it only lasted 2 and a half trips.

I'm pretty sure MDMA has the potential to be way better (depending a bit on preference). I'd gamble that DXM is to MDMA as Methylphenidate(or mdpv) is to dexamphetamine. Especially in reference to the style and comeup subjective high. In others. "GOING UP UP GOOD!" compared to "WHOOSH-GO!"

Yeah, before I ever tried ecstasy I had probably tripped on dxm around 100-150 times. The first 4 times I took e didn't roll.. even though I would take just as much/if not more than everyone else around me(3-4 rolls). I figured since dxm and ecstasy are both metabolized by the same liver enzyme maybe I had somewhat of a tolerance to ecstasy before I even took it? That, or my seratonen had already been depleted from all the tripping.

Who knows.
But the less I took dxm, and the more I rolled, the less 'rolling' feel I felt from the dxm, and the more ecstasy felt like an actual roll, if that makes sense. Can't have both, I guess. :|

To this day, when I trip I don't get the feeling like I used to off dxm, but I can sure as hell roll, haha. Give one, take another.

MDMA and DXM can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as far as euphoria. I understand alot of people love dissociatives, but DXM isn't even in the same league as K. DXM was like a dizzying, numbing carousel ride, with alot of CEV's and "otherwordly vibes". MDMA is the definition of euphoria to me, and it has opened me up in ways I never thought imaginable.

MDMA and DXM can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as far as euphoria. I understand alot of people love dissociatives, but DXM isn't even in the same league as K. DXM was like a dizzying, numbing carousel ride, with alot of CEV's and "otherwordly vibes". MDMA is the definition of euphoria to me, and it has opened me up in ways I never thought imaginable.

+1, except that keta to me was almost as much a dizzying numbing carousel ride as dxm.

Your right, ketamine and dxm aren't in the same league at all.. which makes your reply irrelevant.

This goes back to what I was saying earlier. Most people will disagree that dxm has any 'worthyness' to it. However, coming from somebody who has tried everything mentioned above, I still go with what I said.

Not even mention that, nobody takes into consideration that EVERYONE is different. Everyone eats different, weighs different, is born with some enzymes that others don't have, some people can be tolerant to certain chemicals, other people can be affected tremendously by the same chemical. Everyone has different ancestors, everyone has different genes.

So knowing that, you can't say DXM and MDMA 'can't be mentioned in the same sentence as far as euphoria'. You saying that is merely an opinion based on either personal experience or ignorance.

I do thank you though for your opinion though, without it I wouldn't know how other people felt on this subject. :)

^^^I meant of course that they can't be mentioned in the same sentence to me....all there is in life is our own experience. Phonetics aren't relevant in this threads question anyways..:).

I think I may have found what i've been looking for.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68355

I guess it's different for everyone really.. i've come to realize chemicals release all kinds of 'feelings' at once.. some of them may be stronger than others and may engulf the other feelings, wheras other feelings may only be activated by certain actions. The list goes on and on.

if you leave your mind open you may just discover something you never thought existed.
!!

When I listen to music on dxm I feel like I become part of the music, and when I hear a strong melody that makes me happy, I can literally feel it traveling through my body, getting stronger as the melodies get deeper. Just like when i'm on ecstasy!

Everytime i've talked about this to a friend, i'm always looked at weird because nobody else I know can relate to me.

Does anybody else feel this way? And if you prefer dxm to ecstasy, what are your reasons as to why?

Omg I get the same thing from music... I can't even describe how amazing to me dxm is. The euphoria is amazing and I too get that connection to music. I remember laying down listening to my favorite song (slightly stoopid - officer)

the sound was so in tune with me. I was laying as still as possible and then it was like my soul and the music were one, and I left my actual body and all that existed was me and the music. It was so amazing.

I've never actually rolled, but am looking forward to the day that I do. But idk, everyone says they're way different and I guess I believe them, but a lot of it seemed similar to what I have read about rolling. Moving was very euphoric, lights were amazingly beautiful to look at, touching things felt really good too.

All I know is that I love dxm

I've never felt anywhere near as euphoric on DXM as I have on MDMA. No fucking comparison

For me, DXM blunts nearly all emotion, outright precluding euphoria (or dysphoria, really). MDMA, on the other hand, is the most euphoric recreational drug that I've tried (besides the pinnacle of psychedelic ego-loss).

It makes me feel weird in my skin, the sensation of touch is just bizarre.....

I really wasn't all that euphoric i felt that a 3rd plateau dose was just a little mentally chaotic....

I'm not sure if i enjoyed it, but there is an urge to go farther with it sometime in the future....

MDMA is better imo. Instead of feeling scattered about, hardly able to walk or speak for that matter, you could have bliss, feeling great in your own skin, loving to move around and be social.....

But then again i think 2c-b is my favorite...

i would chose dxm over over x any day, and i have used both of them alot over the past 2 years ive been doing drugs.
Depends on the kind of x you get but the only amazing trip i ever had was the very first time i used X, i had a huge euporior and it was a once and a life time experience. After that i always tryed doing X to get that same a high i did my first time. I tryed and tryed but i never got there. Sure it got me high but it was nothing special.
With dxm if want that amazing trip you and always get it with like 2000mg of dxm if you use alot, but if you just want a plesant trip and just have the time of your life you can always tack a average dose of dxm which i think is about 600-800 mg.(well at least for me)
Another great thing about dxm is you can mix it with alot of diffrent drugs.
The best things to mix it with(thats are pretty safe/well at least you wont overdoes) is like benedrly codiene zunesta benzos.Zunesta really can give you amazing hallunciations with dxm.
but yeah X sucks. it really never gives you want you want and it always leaves you wanting to tack more.Prolong X use will completly destory your normal happy ness for a time.

im confused, what is zunesta?? I've never heard of that and googled it but didn't get anything. did you mean lunesta? or what?

Mdxx (never done real mdma) definitely has a better euphoric feeling compared to dxm.

Ecstasy does have better euphoria, but overall, I much prefer the DXM trip. I have been tripping on DXM for a few years now, but have started doing it on the norm ever since I quit smoking about 8 months ago. I agree with everything about the music. People say music while rolling is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I argue with them until we can no longer breath saying that music on DXM tops it. Just everything, the way it makes you feel, move, and the way it just flows through your body is something I have never experienced while rolling. I also like how when I trip on DXM, I just wanna do shit. I always wanna try to make a night out of it. When I'm rolling, I just wanna stay where I am and just chill and fraternize with whoever is at the party or club, or even if it's just a few friends chilling. When tripping on DXM we're always trying to make adventures out of it; we're always out and about. Being in the city while tripping on DXM is like Christmas. So yeah, ecstasy does have some amazing euphoric effects, but on an overall scale, a DXM trip is what I prefer any time and every time. Not to mention a DXM trip is generally free. But this is just a personal preference. I have some dedicated ecstasy friends who find this to be blasphemy, but I also had some dedicated ecstasy friends who started doing TripleC's with me and switched over and changed their mind. It's all about personal preference in the end though.