• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Better euphoria? DXM vs. Ecstasy

If you have tried both, which do you think has the best quality of euphoria?

• DXM

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • MDMA (ecstacy)

Votes: 39 81.3%

• Total voters
Okay, i have to say I've felt some good first plateau euphoria, but I'd have to vouch for mdma... ecstasy is more...ecstatic but dissociation is fun for me with ketamine and stuff like that, i HAVE gotten some wicked euphoria from ket, dex not as much

oh, and i notice 2ce (not just for me) causes some of the same kind of euphoria i get from mdma within the first two or three hours - then it goes into mescaline madness mode

MDMA by a longshot, for me. Some of my low dose DXM experiences could be called euphoric. Others were fairly unpleasant, and many were starkly neutral in character. MDMA is always euphoric bliss.

Omg I get the same thing from music... I can't even describe how amazing to me dxm is. The euphoria is amazing and I too get that connection to music. I remember laying down listening to my favorite song (slightly stoopid - officer)

the sound was so in tune with me. I was laying as still as possible and then it was like my soul and the music were one, and I left my actual body and all that existed was me and the music. It was so amazing.

I've never actually rolled, but am looking forward to the day that I do. But idk, everyone says they're way different and I guess I believe them, but a lot of it seemed similar to what I have read about rolling. Moving was very euphoric, lights were amazingly beautiful to look at, touching things felt really good too.

All I know is that I love dxm

yes! completely agreed.
I made a video while tripping once with my besties.. at the end of it I stated "DXM - its like you can feel your soul." dj pavo was playing atm.

In reality ecstasy really is different from dxm, as dxm is an nmda antagonist.. but I can't deny the amazing happiness and euphoria I get from both of them when I listen to music, as in that aspect they feel the same to me. anyway, I wish you luck on your first roll! :D

It makes me feel weird in my skin, the sensation of touch is just bizarre.....

I really wasn't all that euphoric i felt that a 3rd plateau dose was just a little mentally chaotic....

I'm not sure if i enjoyed it, but there is an urge to go farther with it sometime in the future....

MDMA is better imo. Instead of feeling scattered about, hardly able to walk or speak for that matter, you could have bliss, feeling great in your own skin, loving to move around and be social.....

But then again i think 2c-b is my favorite...

2cb is great all in it's own ways.
Im looking forward one day to take it after coming down from mdma one day, as I hear its quite amazing.

i would chose dxm over over x any day, and i have used both of them alot over the past 2 years ive been doing drugs.
Depends on the kind of x you get but the only amazing trip i ever had was the very first time i used X, i had a huge euporior and it was a once and a life time experience. After that i always tryed doing X to get that same a high i did my first time. I tryed and tryed but i never got there. Sure it got me high but it was nothing special.
With dxm if want that amazing trip you and always get it with like 2000mg of dxm if you use alot, but if you just want a plesant trip and just have the time of your life you can always tack a average dose of dxm which i think is about 600-800 mg.(well at least for me)
Another great thing about dxm is you can mix it with alot of diffrent drugs.
The best things to mix it with(thats are pretty safe/well at least you wont overdoes) is like benedrly codiene zunesta benzos.Zunesta really can give you amazing hallunciations with dxm.
but yeah X sucks. it really never gives you want you want and it always leaves you wanting to tack more.Prolong X use will completly destory your normal happy ness for a time.

the very best roll I ever had was from 2 blue dolphins! believe it or not.
I think it was because I was already having a great day that day.. and I was surrounded with all the people that I loved. Im actually really greatful for that night, it was one of the last times i saw my bestie(he died in a car crash 2 days later). Knowing we both had one of the best nights of our life together made it easier to accept his death..

December 29th would make it a year since.

As far as mixing dxm with stuff, benadryl is great for off-the-wall hallucinations. lsd was absolutely breathtaking, and every once in a while when I trip i'll take some klonopin before(it cuts out a bit of the intense trippy feeling, but it makes it really chill.. which is good every now and then).

why are we comparing these two? They're about as different as two recreational drugs could be.

MDMA and DXM can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as far as euphoria. I understand alot of people love dissociatives, but DXM isn't even in the same league as K. DXM was like a dizzying, numbing carousel ride, with alot of CEV's and "otherwordly vibes". MDMA is the definition of euphoria to me, and it has opened me up in ways I never thought imaginable.

DXM is most certainly in the same league as K. I'd love to combine the dissociative effects from both of them to create the most perfect dissociative :p

why does everyone keep saying they're different? They aren't.

It seems to me the only people who would agree with me as far as euphoria and happiness goes are the people who have tripped enough times to see what i'm talking about.

im confused, what is zunesta?? I've never heard of that and googled it but didn't get anything. did you mean lunesta? or what?

yeah haha iam sorry i meant eszopiclone. i was tripping . but yeah try like 4-6mg of eszopiclone, 650 mg of dxm(coricidin cough and cold) and mabey even 75mg benedryl and you will have your self one amazing trip
way better than any X trust me try it.

I dont think the two can be compared.

The euphoria from mdma is related to the empathy, the great body high, and the rush of serotonin.

DXM produces a completely different type euphoria. It is more based on realizations and epphanies and such you have during the trip (i dont have much experience with DXM, but get pretty euphoric from Ketamine)

they're extremely the same. DXM can produce feelings of attachment and love, in very much the same stupid trusting way like E. But if you up the dose, those feelings of attachment and love focus on you or on music. Every time I come up on DXM and turn on that music I feel accepted, loved, and welcomed. DXM takes you to the same place every time. It's like my own, secret, astral girlfriend.

Last edited:
I love e, but haven't done it in a few years now. I just started (ab)using DXM and the first 3 times it was good, not great.

The 4th, it literally felt like I was rolling. I had all the PLURRYness.

haha comparing my 2 favorite drugs. well for me at least E is nothing like DXM, thats not saying that DXM isnt euphoric because it is. but it feels like a different kind of euphoria than E forshure. while im on E im just sooo happy and i want to talk to everyone, on DXM i dont like big crowds and i have euphoria but not like E

E is much more euphoric. DXM makes me feel like i have down-syndrone

XD

I don't understand the people saying they're the same. The effects of each can be called by the same adjectives, but when it comes down to the subjective experience they are nothing alike whatsoever.

DXM provides euphoria and increases sociability for sure, however the high in general just feels slightly 'dirty' and judgement clouding compared to mdma. DXM is also very numbing, if not aesthetically than emotionally. Like I feel good, and want to socialize, but the empathy of almost telepathic proportions just isn't there like it is with E.

Alcohol is another drug that at time can be very euphoric, and increases sociability. I don't really like it as much as I used to because it carries too many other side affects with it.

I dunno, dxm just feels more "intoxicating" than mdma does. Whereas mdma fulfills the term 'getting high' in the sense that it is truly uplifting. I never feel good a day after using dxm either.

DXM provides euphoria and increases sociability for sure, however the high in general just feels slightly 'dirty' and judgement clouding compared to mdma. DXM is also very numbing, if not aesthetically than emotionally. Like I feel good, and want to socialize, but the empathy of almost telepathic proportions just isn't there like it is with E.

Alcohol is another drug that at time can be very euphoric, and increases sociability. I don't really like it as much as I used to because it carries too many other side affects with it.

I dunno, dxm just feels more "intoxicating" than mdma does. Whereas mdma fulfills the term 'getting high' in the sense that it is truly uplifting. I never feel good a day after using dxm either.

Yeah this is a more detailed version of what I was thinking, they are in a way "doing" the same thing, but when it comes down to how it really feels I would stop comparing them.

DXM euphoria is like thinking of a guy named nearjat who felt really good one time on DXM. Horrible explanation the detatchment/dissociation DXM gives me lol.

MDMA euphoria is very "here and now".

alright,

If you go back to my earlier posts you'll read that im stating they are two completely different drugs, but some of the effects, are very simular and the proof is undenyable!

on dxm I feel just as much, if not more empathy, and feelings of love rather than on e. Everything is beautiful, colors are intense and turned into high contrast and its like im discovering everything again as if i was a kid(sort of how I feel on lsd). When im tripping really hard things sometimes do get a little blurry and its almost like tunnel vision, but i enjoy it. Its like I can make my own world and live in it. :)

Before I trip(with friends or alone, either one doesn't bother me) i'll decorate different rooms with certain themes. I'll break glowsticks and throw them everywhere in my living room and its like im flying in space. I can dress up as a certain person, and pretend that i'm them for the night. I'll go on adventures to space or jump inside a movie or walk in swamps. Life lasts an eternity on dxm! life goes fast on mdma.

The WHOLE world is my domain on dxm. I've had the best times of my life on it,(the worst times as well..) and even though I don't trip hardly anymore.. i'll still never forget the way I used to feel on it.

And coming from someone who is highly experienced with both mdma & dxm, i'd choose dxm any day.

I dont think the two can be compared.
(i dont have much experience with DXM)

uhm,
So is there anybody who DOES have much experience with dxm(and liking the drug of course), and has never noticed the empathetic effects?
:p

Also, if do your research, you'll find that dxm is a serotonin-reuptake inhibitor, but there are also new studies that show dxm, after long-term usage or after high dosages it will deplete your serotonin(which would make sense because I never noticed the 'rush of seratonin' feeling until probably my 70th trip.

its real people.. don't close your ears..

Also, and im sure experiened users of dxm would agree on this, your trips change after certain periods of time. For instance - the first 20 times I tripped it was very blurry and shaky & i walked like a robot.
after that, probably until my 50th trip I started to hallucinate a whole lot more, and feel happy. movies were intense and all the colors were in high contrast.

then up to my 70th trip I started to notice the empathic feeling I get on ecstasy when I would listen to music. Tunnel vision started to gl away a little bit, but everything started to become a SHIT more dissociated.

after that things kind of went downhill and I think i was temporily permafried because whether I tripped or not I always felt the dissociated feeling.(I wasn't stupid or anything, no memory loss, and i still was able to function in school with a 3.5 gpa).

Then after probably another 50 trips i quit for 8 months, returned to my normal self, and since i stopped tripping 4 times a week i've tripped maybe 20 times.

Needless to say though, even when I was in my 'induced state' for a few months, I was happy as fuck. I loved life. When i was sober i was always in an amazing mood, and when i was on dxm it felt like i was on mdma sort of. Never had a hangover once, until I started to do it every day for about 6 months.