• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Better euphoria? DXM vs. Ecstasy

If you have tried both, which do you think has the best quality of euphoria?

• DXM

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • MDMA (ecstacy)

Votes: 39 81.3%

• Total voters
MDMA by leaps and bounds. I dont have nearly as much experience with mdma as I do with dxm, but I have enough to decide that mdma is much more euphoric. This is ofcourse granted that you have mdma and not just any ecstacy pill.

When I'm falling into holes/tunnels on DXM and just riding the waves of the music, I certainly feel a great sense of well being than on MDMA. Could be a combo of euphoria being caused by the drug and my affinity towards dissociatives over basically any class of drugs.

Dissociatives rule!

Perfectly stated.
Thats why I think I feel the way you do, I mean if you think about it any drug that you enjoy doing is going to make you happy, you know?

Yeah, this has turned more into a debate I guess.
psood0nym, you are right about the objective of the thread though.

The poll was a good idea, I think everyone should vote until we get at least 50 votes.
that way we can look atr this from a statistic point of view.

XD

I don't understand the people saying they're the same. The effects of each can be called by the same adjectives, but when it comes down to the subjective experience they are nothing alike whatsoever.

the way music sounds on both of them is very similar to me. They both seem to "do" the same thing to music....maybe its the increased serotonin levels? who knows. DXM beats mdma on music euphoria though in my book. Maybe my first times on E the music was as good. But DXM consistently makes the music sound like my first time on E, while E never makes it sound that good anymore.

overall though E is a more enjoyable high and more euphoric.

damn is this a serious question?

anything you can buy OTC has limited recreational value, but most people figure that out by high school

damn is this a serious question?

anything you can buy OTC has limited recreational value, but most people figure that out by high school

this is just ignorance or being part of the "2/3" .....my dxm experiences shit on most of all other drugs in terms of euhporia, visuals (closed eye), and overall amazing experiences

I'm also stunned that this is even a discussion. I found DXM to be a horrible and worthless drug. And before anyone asks, yes it was only DXM and no other active ingredients. I found it to be a gross and somewhat sickly high. Perhaps dissociatives just don't agree with me, but I certainly felt pretty far from euphoric.

Recently I was legitimately prescribed DXM, and I must say, I am disappointed. At the proper therapeutic dose, I am glad that it suppresses my chronic drowsiness, but everything else about it is pretty awful.

@theacidtest has got it spot on: "I found it to be a gross and somewhat sickly high." Yesterday I used it recreationally for the first time (40mg sublingually) but it only brought about everything that's undesirable in the way of amphetamine side effects: feeling weirdly hot though without normal sweating, desert-dry eyes which are now red and sore, my penis and scrotum have gotten all tight and withdrawn (way more so than when having a cold shower/swimming in cold water!), dry mouth with occasional pasties, and really high blood pressure which hasn't gone down yet. Oh, and the gut-rot began straight away and has rendered me sick and weakened for the past 12 hours=( Also, I occasionally hallucinate something tiny and quick zooming past my peripheral vision field - which, interestingly, has always been a symptom I experience when pulling allnighters to study. It's only annoying if I keep bothering to turn my head when I see it in the corner of my eye (looks like a super-fast fly or mozzie). And as for DXM's intended effect of promoting wakefulness: despite my moderately large recreational dose, I have actually dozed off a few times already!

Last edited:
no doubt mdma is way more euphoric!!! i prefer ketamine to mdma, but mdma is still more euphoric, and DXM is just likde dirty ket... IMO