• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Best syringe to IV heroin?

I understand that but you're not thinking this through. What are the pros and cons
Pros:
It will feel amazing
I've been dreaming about it ever since quitting and I'll finally fulfill and maybe even get rid of that recurring dream

Cons:
Maybe death. Probably not/very unlikely if I start low though.

/\from this list you obviously have thought nothing through. Restarting your addiction starting up am even worse habit is a con.... What happens when you have enough money, but no needles and need to shoot? Do you even have a local exchange or is that money every time? I easily go through 5-15 needles in a day where a pack is ten.... Thank the really awesome exchange people or I don't know if I would have arms so minutely damaged vs scar tissue extreme

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryker
"I know I could flush it, that's what I did when I was going through withdrawals. I already said it's pointless trying to stop me this time though, I'm already intent on doing it."

It's not pointless to try to stop you because if we do succeed we will all have helped you not go down a bad road. Please let us help you

/\from this list you obviously have thought nothing through. Restarting your addiction starting up am even worse habit is a con.... What happens when you have enough money, but no needles and need to shoot? Do you even have a local exchange or is that money every time? I easily go through 5-15 needles in a day where a pack is ten.... Thank the really awesome exchange people or I don't know if I would have arms so minutely damaged vs scar tissue extreme

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryker
"I know I could flush it, that's what I did when I was going through withdrawals. I already said it's pointless trying to stop me this time though, I'm already intent on doing it."

It's not pointless to try to stop you because if we do succeed we will all have helped you not go down a bad road. Please let us help you
I don't need a prescription or to sign, I can just go to my local pharmacy and buy a pack of 100 needles easily so I doubt that would happen. And if it did I'd just smoke the heroin.

As for IVing it, I tried IVing coke today and it didn't really work out so we'll see how it goes with the gear when I get that citric acid, maybe I won't even follow through but I'm definitely set on trying at least. And in relation to starting up my addiction again, I'm not saying its a good thing nor am I saying its pointless for you to try and stop people, I'm only saying its pointless to try and stop me. I know when I have my mind set on something this much almost no one can steer me away from doing what I want, I just don't want to waste your time.

If you let us help you it wouldn't be a waste of time and that makes it worth the time and effort even if I fail to help you

If you let us help you it wouldn't be a waste of time and that makes it worth the time and effort even if I fail to help you
All I'm saying is it's pointless to try and get me to stop, i still appreciate advice on injecting safely though.

I tried to inject coke today, got it mixed, filtered, into the syringe, and when injecting I got it into a vein (I think, because it kept bleeding lightly a for a little bit after I pulled the needle out), but for some reason I couldn't pull back on the syringe to register it. I don't know if I was just nervous or if that's what happens when you haven't hit a vein yet, but I was worried the plunger was just stuck or something and I'd accidentally pull too hard/quickly to unstick it causing the vein to collapse. I sure as hell didn't want to miss the vein with coke though, so I just gave up after a couple tries. Anyone have advice on this, I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

All I'm saying is it's pointless to try and get me to stop, i still appreciate advice on injecting safely though.

I tried to inject coke today, got it mixed, filtered, into the syringe, and when injecting I got it into a vein (I think, because it kept bleeding lightly a for a little bit after I pulled the needle out), but for some reason I couldn't pull back on the syringe to register it. I don't know if I was just nervous or if that's what happens when you haven't hit a vein yet, but I was worried the plunger was just stuck or something and I'd accidentally pull too hard/quickly to unstick it causing the vein to collapse. I sure as hell didn't want to miss the vein with coke though, so I just gave up after a couple tries. Anyone have advice on this, I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

Lol, I have some great advice. Throw your needles in the trash along with your drugs.

Lol, I have some great advice. Throw your needles in the trash along with your drugs.
Isn't BL one of those sites that focuses on HR and believes people will do drugs anyway, and the community should simply offer advice on how to do so while doing the least amount of harm? I'm set on doing this, I know you guys don't want me going down this road but I'm trying to tell you its pointless trying to stop me, it won't work.

I just want to know how to IV safely without actually ending up pulling too hard or something and blowing a vein.

Isn't BL one of those sites that focuses on HR and believes people will do drugs anyway, and the community should simply offer advice on how to do so while doing the least amount of harm? I'm set on doing this, I know you guys don't want me going down this road but I'm trying to tell you its pointless trying to stop me, it won't work.

I just want to know how to IV safely without actually ending up pulling too hard or something and blowing a vein.

We are just getting an early start on your sober living thread

Look OP, like I said before, you're gonna do what you're gonna do. If you have your heart set on injecting than that's fine. But IV is serious business. That's why those of us who have IV'd in the past get a little irritated when someone takes a la-de-da, I'm-gonna-IV-by-myself-for-the-first-time flippant attitude towards it. That may not be how you intend it to come off, but that's kinda how it comes off. Like I said, get someone who knows what they're doing to help you start, don't turn yourself into a pincushion while *thinking* you may have hit a vein, goddamn

Look OP, like I said before, you're gonna do what you're gonna do. If you have your heart set on injecting than that's fine. But IV is serious business. That's why those of us who have IV'd in the past get a little irritated when someone takes a la-de-da, I'm-gonna-IV-by-myself-for-the-first-time flippant attitude towards it. That may not be how you intend it to come off, but that's kinda how it comes off. Like I said, get someone who knows what they're doing to help you start, don't turn yourself into a pincushion while *thinking* you may have hit a vein, goddamn
I would if I knew anyone who did this kind of stuff. I know people who know people that IV, but they keep me out of contact with them because they know we all use.

Statistically, heroin will either kill you or put you in prison. It's dangerous, moreso than other drugs. Quit while you still can

I know this probably won't stop you, but for what it's worth, I've had iv morphine on several occasions before I got into drugs and ironically, it's the reason why I've never had an urge to try shooting anything. It's so overrated. Yeah the rush is alright but it's definitely not what I expected it to be. It's just an instant onset, basically. It won't really get you any higher than smoking. The risk of iv'ing just isn't proportionate to the reward imo.

Last edited:
Once you do start shooting your drugs, there is really no going back. I don't think if you ran out of needles you'd just smoke or snort it, you would most likely reuse an old needle. I know you don't think that will happen, that you will just go buy more; but I can't count how many times I've woken up dope sick in the morning, and the pharmacy isn't open... or I just don't want to walk there. Since I started IVing, heroin, that's the only way I will take anything. It definitely becomes a fixation in and of itself. During a period of sobriety I used to just shoot up water when I was having cravings, because you attach that feeling to that object.

By the way...I'm 25 years old. Two years ago, I shot up (have been doing so since I was 18), and woke up in the hospital 7 days later on a ventilator. Apparently I had passed out on the porch of my 3rd floor apartment, and no one found me for 3 days before I was even taken to the hospital. I had had a takotsubo cardiomyopathy, where my left ventricle bloated due to the adrenaline/stress, but the inability to react to it. I developed a blood clot in my left ventricle, had several minor strokes, and bed sores (from being in the same position for too long). I was unable to walk for 9 months because of the strokes and the awkward position I passed out in, and am lucky to be alive.

To this day, I have a noticeable limp, even though I've been in physical therapy since the accident; I cant feel the last two digits on my left hand; my pupils are two different sizes, as my right one won't constrict; and my right leg constantly feels like it's on fire, due to the nerve damage. Guess what, I took up shooting up again a couple months later. It changes the way you prioritize things... in a way you can't imagine unless you've done it.

That said, if you are going to do it, I would echo what everyone else has said: Micron filter, sterile water, new needle (though I prefer 29g long tips because you KNOW when you've hit a vein and solidly anchored in one), go parallel to the vein not straight into it, use a tourniquet above your bicep (and don't leave it on for too long). If you have trouble, a hot compress and proper hydration helps. If you aren't positive you're in a vein, stop shooting immediately and take the tourniquet off to try again later. It's easy to blow veins by fishing around or going straight through and leaving it on.

Good luck. I hope you really think hard about this and actually write out a pros/cons list. Think about the people you would leave behind if you died. Think of potential freak accidents like mine. Above all else: just be careful.

I always use 1CC 30 gauge short tips for IV use. They leave very little in the way of marks and short tips are perfect for hitting the veins in your hand or that big one on the side of your wrist that runs down by your thumb. Always use new needles, sterile water and if possible sterile cookers. I get as many syringes as i need from the local needle exchange along with packets of sterile water, Cookers and micron filters all for free. They also give out Crack pipes and packets of Vitamin C for dissolving some types of Heroin as well as Crack.

Reusing needles even your own is asking for cotton fever and nasty infections.

If you are not IVing already i would say don't start because it's basically impossible to go back to using drugs any other way. Once i started IVing i never used Dilaudid or Coke in any other way.

This

We tell you to stop as that's the best harm reduction advice. You did get the right info to inject safely yet you can't do it because of your anxiety centered around doing it wrong, which is all the more reason not to do it.... Once you do it once it's that much harder to convince yourself not to do it again as you know that you have succeeded once and can do it vs being afraid of not being able to do it having no experience to reassure you that you can.

Seriously just stop this self destructive pursuit. IV rush is over played and you will regret getting into it just as I do where I need 6+ shots a day to feel normal and not in a state of exponentially worse symptoms of pain in my chronic areas where level ten doesn't even begin to describe the misery of the pain that has brought me to attempt to commit suicide many times the last cutting my wrist taking 16 stitches still healing a month later and before that getting hit by a car going 30-40 MPH in June. Seriously you do not know what the hell you are doing, underestimating the dangers, and throwing your life away not only hurting yourself, but everyone in this community that cares about your will being and had made many posts to help you realize that and motivate you to get the help you said you were trying to get although sounds like you're not focused on at all anymore, which is beyond sad.

I would if I knew anyone who did this kind of stuff. I know people who know people that IV, but they keep me out of contact with them because they know we all use.
I know I'm double posting, but I am lazy. They won't help you though because they agree with us. I was told once whoever helps you IV heroin the first time is not your friend and I've never agreed with a statement more than I do that one.

If someone was hell bent on IVing and asked me to help them, I probably would. There are those people out there and I've never really understood that phenomenon, I guess some people are just into needles...? I only know one guy who started off IVing heroin, IV was his first ROA, but he was a paramedic/nurse with pretty extensive medical training.

But if you convince someone to shoot up, THAT'S pretty messed up. That's actually how I started, someone took the time to convince me that IV was the best ROA, when I had never particularly been interested in trying it before. I think that's how most people who use heroin starting slamming, they hear someone go on and on about how awesome it is and how they should really give it a shot (no pun intended)

This

We tell you to stop as that's the best harm reduction advice. You did get the right info to inject safely yet you can't do it because of your anxiety centered around doing it wrong, which is all the more reason not to do it.... Once you do it once it's that much harder to convince yourself not to do it again as you know that you have succeeded once and can do it vs being afraid of not being able to do it having no experience to reassure you that you can.

Seriously just stop this self destructive pursuit. IV rush is over played and you will regret getting into it just as I do where I need 6+ shots a day to feel normal and not in a state of exponentially worse symptoms of pain in my chronic areas where level ten doesn't even begin to describe the misery of the pain that has brought me to attempt to commit suicide many times the last cutting my wrist taking 16 stitches still healing a month later and before that getting hit by a car going 30-40 MPH in June. Seriously you do not know what the hell you are doing, underestimating the dangers, and throwing your life away not only hurting yourself, but everyone in this community that cares about your will being and had made many posts to help you realize that and motivate you to get the help you said you were trying to get although sounds like you're not focused on at all anymore, which is beyond sad.
I'm off alcohol and finally starting to feel happier again. I'm not laying around in bed all day, given I haven't gotten the motivation to do much at least I'm up watching TV or something now. The only drug I've been using is coke a few times a day, but I honestly don't even feel it much anymore (tolerance maybe?). That help I was talking about getting I barely feel like I even need it anymore and that I'd be lying if I sought it out. Heroin made me happy, I don't even really remember why I wanted to quit. I just want to know how I can do this as safely as possible at this point, and for the most part I've got most of that information now.

EDIT: Although I should add that I have made an appointment to see a doc soon.

Last edited:
If someone was hell bent on IVing and asked me to help them, I probably would. There are those people out there and I've never really understood that phenomenon, I guess some people are just into needles...? I only know one guy who started off IVing heroin, IV was his first ROA, but he was a paramedic/nurse with pretty extensive medical training.

But if you convince someone to shoot up, THAT'S pretty messed up. That's actually how I started, someone took the time to convince me that IV was the best ROA, when I had never particularly been interested in trying it before. I think that's how most people who use heroin starting slamming, they hear someone go on and on about how awesome it is and how they should really give it a shot (no pun intended)
Agreed, I'll never recommend heroin to my friends but if they came to me asking for some or wanting information on how/what to do I'd help them out. I wouldn't recommend it, but i wouldn'd stop them. I believe in free will and that people make their own choices.