• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Best syringe to IV heroin?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I used to be a heroin addict, and I suppose I still am, but up until now I've always smoked or snorted the heroin. I've recently taken an interest in IVing heroin as I'm told and have read it's entirely different and way better, but I've never IVed a drug before. I'm going to go pick up some needles tomorrow and probably buy some more heroin to inject (I'm out right now), but I know nothing about needles or injecting heroin. What do I ask for? I'll probably go to CVS or walgreens or something as i think they sell needless. I've read 30 gauge is the best, but is there anything else I should ask for? Or do I just ask for 30ga needles? I truely have no clue about any of this stuff haha.

Also, does anyone have any advice for how to inject? I have 0 experience but preferably would like to not fuck it up. Like, how do I know what vein is an artery and what isn't? Should i just use the large vein at the bend in my arm, or is that an artery? What angle should I inject at, and what do I do in general? Can someone please explain the process to me? Thanks :)

Last edited:
There are safe injecting threads on bluelight. I believe there is one in the FAQs section.
You really should reconsider doing this. Its a big bridge to cross and most people who have done so will tell you there is no going back.
I have watched your posts moving from oxy to heroin. You ignored everyones advice then. If you ignore this advice then you will probably destroy your life. Try and make a smart decision.

Well i guess you are gonna inject, so my recommendation is choose the short needles, as the longs will easily go thru the vein, and this will cause an abscess, which can end up in the ER getting you a red flag on your record as an iv addict. or actually lose the arm ffs.

Do not do this shadow..... Please. It will be the biggest mistake of your life that you will always regret. DO NOT INJECT HEROIN OR RETURN TO USING HEROIN. STAY CLEAN. GET HELP.

Seriously at this point I suggest going to a hospital ER and asking to be put into psych evaluation and drug detox. Do not make it that much harder to get help by continuing to do what you know you shouldn't do. Don't destroy possibly even kill yourself before you get the help you said you are seeking.

Get off the drugs and go get the obviously needed support. Try going to recovery groups as will like AA or NA so you can meet others struggling and talk about these problems you never get to talk about in person. Stop making one bad choice after another that even you acknowledge are bad. Just do better... It is not easy and actually very hard, but worth it once you success, which I have not seen yet. I know nothing can be done tomorrow besides not slip up and relapse.

PS. IV heroin or opiates in general is overexaggurated. The only rush is immediate relief of W/D symptoms that only happen to dependent people, which is not something you want to be as you already went through withdrawals once and do not need to start them again. You also need to acknowledge that while the acute withdrawal symptoms are gone your brain is still recovering from post acute withdrawal symptoms that usually consist of anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Give yourself time and make sure you eat right and stay active as that will make the difference between feeling bad or feeling better.

The best syringe? A clean and fresh one. Always at least try to get one of those! Because after awhile you really won't be caring too much about what one is the best... just about having one. So just remember not to re-use and never share. Please be smart and think this through.

This member is planning, obviously out of impulse, to relapse after 3 weeks clean of heroin. Do not give him advice on questions he can answer himself with research unless you want to be responsible for enabling him to destroy his life.

This member is planning, obviously out of impulse, to relapse after 3 weeks clean of heroin. Do not give him advice on questions he can answer himself with research unless you want to be responsible for enabling him to destroy his life.

People are going to do what they want to do. At least he will have some links so he can do it the safest way possible... if he chooses to do so (even though iv will be one of the worst decisions ever).

People are going to do what they want to do. At least he will have some links so he can do it the safest way possible... if he chooses to do so (even though iv will be one of the worst decisions ever).
Well after his last thread I am making effort to keep him in check. Of he fucks up of course it is his choice and on him and I probably won't keep him in check like I have been the last day or so, but if I can convince him to not make these decisions and instead seek necessary help I'll definitely make the effort to do so.

I dont think he will listen tacodude. He has been reluctant to follow any advice since he first started posting here. I hope he does soon though as 18 is too young to be throwing a life away.

Last edited:
I hear you consumer, but I'm not giving up. I did give him an ultimatum though.... Have support and effort on my part to help or go back to using heroin. I can only hope he doesn't make the wrong choice.

I dont think he will listen tacodude. He has been reluctant to follow any advice since he first started posting here. I hope he does soon though as 18 is too young to be throwing a life away.
I hear you consumer, but I'm not giving up. I did give him an ultimatum though.... Have support and effort on my part to help or go back to using heroin. I can only hope he doesn't make the wrong choice.
I managed to get some more alcohol last night when I made this thread, so I was drunk and this thread was made on impulse. I was reading about IVing heroin being amazing in a couple recent threads on here, and it was even brought up in one of my threads, and it was just so tempting I figured I have to try it. I've also been dreaming about using very often, and every time I do I always IV in the dream and the feeling is always amazing, which doesn't help.

No worries though, I've did get some needles but I don't plan on buying more heroin right now. I've got the coke to look forward to anyway.

Do not recommendo injecto OP...

This is just like that picture of the 12 stepz to becoming a dope feen lol. Starting at step 1 as a perc now and then, graduating to big oxies, then snorting, then heroin, then the needle. You are on step fucking 11 man, and if you choose step 12, understand you will statistically likely be dead in the next 10 years. I know all this means nothing to an addict, i am one too. Just try to think of the pain your addiction to IV heroin and likely eventual death will cause your family.

What has really helped me steer clear from heroin, and not even think of the needle is the plant kratom. Give it a chance, a nice red vein strain. It's great because if fills that nagging opiate addiction voice and limits its abuse potential because it is plant matter and can't be injected or snortef. I wish you the best of luck OP.

30 gauge 8mm 100 unit insulin syringe is probably the junkies weapon of choice. Always, ALWAYS, use a new syringe, clean the injection site prior to IV for 30 seconds with an alcohol swab, use sterile water ampules (available cheap online), and .02mm micron filters. Always do a test shot of under 10mg with any new batch you get to gauge potency and always thoroughly mix it together after in the bag to avoid any hot spots. If you are going to throw your life away, you may as well do it as safely as possible.

fBvYabt

http://m.imgur.com/r/MorbidReality/fBvYabt

Do not recommendo injecto OP...

This is just like that picture of the 12 stepz to becoming a dope feen lol. Starting at step 1 as a perc now and then, graduating to big oxies, then snorting, then heroin, then the needle. You are on step fucking 11 man, and if you choose step 12, understand you will statistically likely be dead in the next 10 years. I know all this means nothing to an addict, i am one too. Just try to think of the pain your addiction to IV heroin and likely eventual death will cause your family.

What has really helped me steer clear from heroin, and not even think of the needle is the plant kratom. Give it a chance, a nice red vein strain. It's great because if fills that nagging opiate addiction voice and limits its abuse potential because it is plant matter and can't be injected or snortef. I wish you the best of luck OP.

30 gauge 8mm 100 unit insulin syringe is probably the junkies weapon of choice. Always, ALWAYS, use a new syringe, clean the injection site prior to IV for 30 seconds with an alcohol swab, use sterile water ampules (available cheap online), and .02mm micron filters. Always do a test shot of under 10mg with any new batch you get to gauge potency and always thoroughly mix it together after in the bag to avoid any hot spots. If you are going to throw your life away, you may as well do it as safely as possible.

fBvYabt

http://m.imgur.com/r/MorbidReality/fBvYabt
Humans aren't meant to live as long as we do anyway, that's why we start losing our hair and having health problems as we age. As for my family, they'll die eventually too. As an athiest I don't foresee anything after death, so I won't care. I'll be dead, I won't be able to care. If I inject though I'll definitely try and do so safely.

I'm sorry you feel that way, OP, but that's very much a reflection of your age. You seem to be having problems conceiving of a future. And I doubt you are going to lose your hair and age in the next 10 years.

You are obviously a bright guy. I am not dissing you, but I have to wonder why you continue to post your choices re drug use, addiction and suicidal ideation in numerous threads. You don't need me to back track. At every stop, you start a thread and numerous members post with support and suggestions. You ignore all of them. Another thread with another and possibly worse issue.More advice and support. Another thread.

Perhaps you should consider whether addressing your issues in real life may be more effective than garner attention on BL.

I'm sorry you feel that way, OP, but that's very much a reflection of your age. You seem to be having problems conceiving of a future. And I doubt you are going to lose your hair and age in the next 10 years.

You are obviously a bright guy. I am not dissing you, but I have to wonder why you continue to post your choices re drug use, addiction and suicidal ideation in numerous threads. You don't need me to back track. At every stop, you start a thread and numerous members post with support and suggestions. You ignore all of them. Another thread with another and possibly worse issue.More advice and support. Another thread.

Perhaps you should consider whether addressing your issues in real life may be more effective than garner attention on BL.
I usually start threads purely to ask about something specific, people who have advised me on other issues bring those issues up, and the threads gravitate towards those issues. This thread is pretty much done in my opinion, I got the needles I need. I'm sure I can Google how to actually do the injection myself.

If you do not get rid of the needles or throw them away I will be giving up making the effort to help you. That doesn't mean I give up on you, but just that I decided it's not worth stressing myself out in hopes you don't ruin your life. This is not something to take lightly. Making the move to IV anything is a major decision and will be something you always regret.

Again get rid of the needles or you won't see me posting in your threads anymore

If you decide to go down the route of injecting heroin then be prepared to have dirty old men use you for sexual favours. Or perhaps you will turn to crime to pay for your habit. Eventually you will end up in trouble with the law and put in jail. As a nice young 18 year old you'll be someones bitch in no time. So either way you will end up with an asshole as big as a bucket.

Dont inject heroin.