Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Best psychs for hiking

I've done alotta bushwalkin'
on MDA
& I seriously rate it.

I've done alotta bushwalkin'
on MDA
& I seriously rate it.
MDMA/MDA popped into my mind as well. The thing is, I'm pretty much out in the middle of nowhere and if something bad were to happen, I'd be screwed. Also, I've felt that it might make hiking sober seem a little boring afterwards.

I had a transcendent trip once while hiking on 3.5 grams of mushrooms. I got the mushrooms from an unfamiliar source, who told me not dose above 2.0 grams of them. Being young and brash as I was, I said, "to hell with that," and dosed the whole eighth. This was to this day the most potent batch of mushrooms I've ever encountered. Within 10 minutes of taking my first bite the sky was already transforming into a flowing manifold of DMT-like godly entities. Within 20 minutes God Himself was speaking to me as His shepherd in these rolling hills, the flora all alive and dancing. I got so wrapped up in it that I forgot to prepare myself for nightfall and found myself lost in the dark on the hiking trail. As the sun was setting I smoked a bowl of cannabis. The combined potency of hte mushrooms with the adrenaline rush from being lost in the dark produced the most insane surge of visuals I've ever encountered from a single substance (cannabis notwithstanding, as I combine everything with cannabis). My entire surroundings were transformed, first into a late Jurassic period landscape with pterodactyli flying about, then into some kind of futuristic planet, a constantly shifting chaosmos of quite realistic hallucinations. I began to run without being able to see the trail in front of me, splattered with jagged rock and uneven terrain. I didn't need to see anything as my body expertly navigated the rocks without second thought, quite literally at top sprinting speed. Eventually I found my way out of the park and at the trailhead. One of the best trips of my life.

Anyway, for hiking my advice would be to use a psychedelic you're familiar with at a low-ish dose.

Low/moderate dose LSD, maybe high dose LSD if you like it in high doses like I do.

Low/moderate doses of mushrooms. Or a high dose if that's your thing.

Low/moderate doses of THC especially a sativa, or Sativa dominant strain. Indicas tend to give people couch lock and make them not want to move when they're stoned on them.

I began to run without being able to see the trail in front of me, splattered with jagged rock and uneven terrain. I didn't need to see anything as my body expertly navigated the rocks without second thought, quite literally at top sprinting speed. Eventually I found my way out of the park and at the trailhead..

Isn't that the most curious phenomenon? We seem to have had isomorphic trips. All can be deceptively soft and unthreatening, and yet one emerges unscathed (and unlost) as one naively expected. Intuition is reliable.

Mushrooms are amazing for appreciating nature and hiking. 2g of shrooms and 1g of weed and I'm set for the day.
I've hiked on LSD too but I prefer mushrooms because of the shorter duration (when used in small dose).

Isn't that the most curious phenomenon? We seem to have had isomorphic trips. All can be deceptively soft and unthreatening, and yet one emerges unscathed (and unlost) as one naively expected. Intuition is reliable.

I've had that experience experience too, running top speed in the dark on a trail or some rocks and just trusting (successfully) myself not to stumble or smack into something.

Hiking around in nature whilst on LSD, Mushrooms, MDMA, MDA, probably the 2C family as well are all good ideas. Just as long as you don't overdue it, have some snacks and back pack filled with water.

Best time ever was up in Maine, mushrooms with my cousins. Brilliant hike in late June simple afternoon, saw a moose, we were all mesmerized by it. Nature paths galore near my fams Cabin up that way. No nervs about getting lost cause by cousins know that area like the back of their hands. Awsome time, even ran into 2 other hippy hikers who we smoked a bowl or two with and then went our separate ways.

Make no mistake about it Maine may be the first east coast state to legalize marijuana for recreational use, fairly progressive state but I digress,

Even though suburbia, and even the city are not filled with the peace of nature I had many awesome times walking around in the city and it the burbs on E. MDMA tweeks your vision just a lil bit so things won't look as increadible but the euphoria and energy buzz that hits you makes everything around you great, never actually hiked on MDMA but I could see how great it would be.

Stick to the classics, mushrooms, LSD,

I enjoy a mild to medium dose of LSD for hiking. Gives a good energy boost for a longer-than-usual hike, and I often find myself gawking like an idiot at things I'd normally pass right by.
An (at least somewhat) sober companion is recommended,not so much to help handle the trip but to help keep you out of trouble,or help if you do get into some.

I love taking a walk outside at night on a combo of allylescaline/4-aco-dmt. allylescaline is energetic and the 4-aco-dmt adds a little something. but I dose low on 4-aco-dmt.

MDMA is a good choice too

don't eat 7 grams of good mushrooms if you plan on hiking
i did that and i couldnt sit up, let alone stand up and walk. this was while i was peaking tho

I ate 5.5 grams of good mushrooms on a hike. I ended up pretty sure I was going to die, and trying to get God to let me live another day. It made me hyper aware that I was in nature all alone, and wouldn't be able to get help fast enough if I needed it. I really want to try MDMA while hiking, but I'm a bit nervous to try it because of that bad mushroom trip

^ 5.5g of shrooms is a lot! I wouldn't go above 1.5-2g while hiking, and have a few joints spread throughout the day.
I think MDMA is good for hiking too, but you have to start with a small dose and work it up from there.

Mescaline! I know it makes you tired, but how?!

I don't discount your experience, but cacti are first on my list for exploring the outdoors. Invigorating, it is.

2C-B is a no-go. If I'm going to get lost, I'd rather get lost in the woods, not lost in the universe.

Besides the lethargy, if I were to do hiking + mescaline, I'd have to time it right so I came across a port a potty at around the 90 minute mark. Although I may have had to shit on the trail while on shrooms once... That wasn't fun.