Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Best psychs for hiking

StanleyJobson

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

So this summer I discovered the joys of going into the woods, eating some mushrooms, and going on a hike. Being in the sun, out in nature, with not many people around is great. I don't have much experience with a whole lot of psychedelics, though, mainly just mescaline and psilocybin. Mescaline makes me kind of tired, though, so I know I wouldn't be able to walk around for 4~7 miles while on it. I was thinking about checking out 2c-b. I basically am looking for psychs that can help you enjoy nature, give you a good vibe, and not make you tired. Thoughts?

I love hiking and so far I have had good results with low doses of 5-meo-mipt and mxe, not together, I haven't mixed them yet, but on different hikes

LSD: It's energizing, nature looks absolutely gorgeous, it's possible to think straight on it and keep your bearings, it can be very extrovert rather than introvert, it's not extremely paranoia inducing nor whatever the opposite of that would be (too trusting, getting yourself in trouble by trying to make love to a bear or something stupid).

But whenever someone starts one of these "what's the best PD for..." I feel like answering LSD.. so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

edit: ^ yeah come to think of it AL-LAD would probably be even better than LSD for hiking, but I've yet to try it in that context. It's more happy-go-lucky than LSD, more bouncy gently fun. That would be my top pick next time I want a trippy hike!

Last edited:
LSD and Mushrooms are great for a day out hiking in nature.

I've also had a good time hiking around on 2c-e, but there was bouts of nausea.

LSD.

Also I recommend a proper oral dose (empty stomach, fatty drink) of cannabis. I did a solo dayhike on some mad brownies in the mountains and had a magical time.

I love hiking and so far I have had good results with low doses of 5-meo-mipt and mxe, not together, I haven't mixed them yet, but on different hikes

I've been using 5-meo-mipt while hiking and I really like it for that purpose too.

It's just stimulating enough that it doesn't become overly speedy and it doesn't dilate your pupils very much. If you run into people on the trail you can pull off acting sober as long as you don't take a really high dose. It just seems perfect for hiking.

The last time I went on a hike I dosed some 5-meo-mipt. I went to a state park and hiked about 9 miles, dosed about 2 miles into the hike and again a couple of hours later. Had a wonderful time going up and down the mountains (well what we call mountains in the foothills).

Anyone have thoughts on 2c-b specifically? I can get this easily and for a good price, and have heard it's gentler than mushrooms. At a dose of 2 grams, mushrooms can either make the world a fantasy land (which is when hiking in the sun is pure magic) or it can make things "too real," which sucks ass.

^hah that's kinda true.

Some PDs can be a bit too lethargic for hiking though, like for me that would be mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT. Then there are others like DPT or DMT which are completely flooring and wouldn't be good either, at least not for the beginning part of the experience.

Sounds like all psychedelics really...

OK Mr. Smarty-Pants:

Let me narrow it down a bit more. I am looking for something that:

1. Lasts around 4-6 hours

2. Does not make you tired

3. Is much more likely to create a fantasy land than give you a bad trip

4. Is not so obscure that it's too tough to obtain, or is cost prohibitive

5. Will not make you too out of it

DOC 2 or 3mg...It's everything you're looking for except the time frame, but then again, just hike farther.

I've gone hiking on LSD, 2cb & 5-MeO-MIPT. Loved all 3 for hiking. Especially the 5-MeO-MIPT. I had a fantastic time with that.

OK Mr. Smarty-Pants:

Let me narrow it down a bit more. I am looking for something that:

1. Lasts around 4-6 hours

2. Does not make you tired

3. Is much more likely to create a fantasy land than give you a bad trip

4. Is not so obscure that it's too tough to obtain, or is cost prohibitive

5. Will not make you too out of it

Fantastic, that's much easier to work with.

2C-B, 4-HO-MET, AL-LAD and 5-MeO-MiPT all spring to mind.

Cool beans. It looks like the general consensus is 5-MeO-MiPT, 2c-b, LSD, and AL-LAD. Appreciate it!

Mushrooms are my favourite for me.
The fact that mushrooms are natural tends to make outdoorsy activities seem more pleasurable.
All the typtamines do this for me but I've developed a sort of placebo effect regarding plant based psychedelics and making outdoorsy activities seem more fun and suited to the experience.

AL-LAD is great for this.
I concur. AL-LAD is my first choice for being out and about while being functional on a psychedelic. It strikes a nice balance- mind altering enough to be psychedelic and interesting, but clear headed enough to be able to complete tasks and hold a conversation. Perfect for hiking, concerts, parties, or the beach.

Mushrooms are my favourite for me.
The fact that mushrooms are natural tends to make outdoorsy activities seem more pleasurable.
All the typtamines do this for me but I've developed a sort of placebo effect regarding plant based psychedelics and making outdoorsy activities seem more fun and suited to the experience.

Definitely +1 to that post! Mushrooms were probably my favourite hiking trip. I've done it with LSD and cactus as well. Cactus is also natural but for the first few hours I walked very little, found a spot that looked like a good place to go sit down and then ended up spending the next 4 hours there just looking at everything... Woops :p. Mushrooms had me sitting down every now and again as well whereas LSD is more likely to keep you going. DOC would work great as well I reckon, I've only taken 0.5mg once (test dose) and went for a walk in the park on that. It already enhanced the beauty of things at a low dose like that, I'd imagine it would only get better with a "full" dose.