Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best monologues in movie history

the package holiday monologue in monty python live at the hollywood bowl (more for the style than the substance)

good topic :)

"After any kind of drug haul, everyone in the crew indulged. I laughed to myself as I pictured blues and Dilaudid in such great amounts on the spoon that it would literally be overflowing. Upon entering my vein, the drug would start a warm itch that would surge along until the brain consumed it in a gentle explosion. It began in the back of the neck and rose rapidly until I felt such pleasure that the whole world sympathized and took on a soft, lofty appeal. Everything was grand then. Your worst enemy -- he wasn't so bad. The ants in the grass -- they were just, you know, doin' their thing. Everything took on the rosy hue of unlimited success. You could do no wrong, and as long as it lasted, life was beautiful"

Bob Hughes - Drugstore Cowboy

"Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life. Your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul...So the way he sees it, if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearin' your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freein' you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all. So don't worry, okay? 'K? Relax...relax. Relax."

Louis - Jacob's Ladder

Samuel l Jackson and John travolta the foot massage dialogue in pulp fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdkksDaSXPU

In glengary glen Ross Alec baldwins dialogue about how he comes from downtown.

The first half of full metal jacket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o

Ray liotta in goodfellas the back entrance to the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEEVtqXdK8

American psycho the break up scene in the resturant and or the rant on what's wrong with the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ440xOiyho

Last edited:
The dinner scene in Meet Me In St. Louis is one of my all time favourites. I remember quite a few years back I was flicking channels and landed right on this scene. I thought it was some sort of weird and recent pastiche, but instead it was just a brilliantly constructed scene from 1944. This is what changed my mind about musicals, and Judy Garland too. :)

There's something so heart-warming about the entire film. It never fails to cheer me up. And the relationship between the family makes me yearn for something similar.

SCENE SET-UP: Rose is expecting a phone call in which she hopes to be proposed to by Warren Sheffield. The call is expected at a time when they usually have dinner, but as the rest of the family believe the father will disapprove, they rally together to try and speed up the meal in the hopes that the father won't be around when the call comes through. However, the father is intent on eating his favourite meal after a particularly difficult day at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtVuU9HLjXk

edit: dang it, it's not the full scene. It misses at the best part with the phone call. I'll see if I can find it and edit it accordingly.

Last edited:
nicholson.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg

Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!

I didn't get what was so great about All About Eve the first time I saw it. But it gets progressively more brilliant with repeated viewings. The dialog is just cool and highbrow.

I don't think I have a particular favorite, but I can name a few of my favorite moments that have come to me right now.

The Hurt Locker: The jack-in-the-box scene at the end of the movie.

If we can use television, the "run" scene in season 3 of Breaking Bad.

I shouldn't even have to name the move for this one, just the quote: "The horror... the horror..."

If you have seen the movie, you should easily be able to recognize that one, and almost everybody has seen the movie. Perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

As I think of more, I will post them.

Cliff: It's a fact. Sicilians have nigger blood pumpin' through their hearts. If you don't believe me, look it up. You see, hundreds and hundreds of years ago the Moors conquered Sicily. And Moors are niggers. Way back then, Sicilians were like the wops in northern Italy. Blond hair, blue eyes. But, once the Moors moved in there, they changed the whole country. They did so much fuckin' with the Sicilian women, they changed the blood-line for ever, from blond hair and blue eyes to black hair and dark skin. I find it absolutely amazing to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, Sicilians still carry that nigger gene. I'm just quotin' history. It's a fact. It's written. Your ancestors were niggers. Your great, great, great, great, great-grandmother was fucked by a nigger, and had a half-nigger kid. That is a fact. Now tell me, am I lyin'?

Dennis Hopper from True Romance :)
yup.

The Hurt Locker

"You love playing with that. You love playing with all your stuffed animals. You love your Mommy, your Daddy. You love your pajamas. You love everything, don't ya? Yea. But you know what, buddy? As you get older... some of the things you love might not seem so special anymore. Like your Jack-in-a-Box. Maybe you'll realize it's just a piece of tin and a stuffed animal. And then you forget the few things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one."

SSG William James

I was going to post a couple of Apocalypse Now monologues, but I see that it's already been done.