• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

tumblr_lldsz3DDRo1qc0roy.gif

i cant remember what drug it was, but i think it was mdma and there was like posters with a man but where you could see his insides and all of the different parts of the body drugs affected. mdma causes holes in the brain!

Some do! I personally have not had any but I would love too haha.

is so absolutely fuckin ludicrous, it almost offends me that it's being floated around this site. i'm sorry, but the rumor that some ecstasy pills are cut with heroin is fucking ridiculous for many reasons: firstly, it would take upwards of half a gram of heroin ingested orally to provide even a threshold effect, a street value which in itself is about 3 to 4 times more than a pill of ecstasy. cutting ecstasy with heroin is simply a huge waste of money, and since the whole point of selling drugs is to make money, you can see why this is an extremely unlikely tactic. as a dealer it would be so much more profitable to just save your heroin (or any opiate) and just sell it on its own to junkies, or promote it being used properly to CREAtE a market of junkies. there's also the simple fact that half a gram of heroin wouldn't even fit in an E pill.

now i wouldn't doubt that someone, somewhere has cut an opioid of some sort into an E pill, but this would most likely be a personal batch, tailor-made for a small group of consumers who had requested it. other than that, any person smart enough to press and sell MDMA as ecstasy wouldn't waste their time and money

Last edited:
i was in a court ordered outpatient rehab program when i was 15, which was basically a room full of teenage drug users dickin around with our 20-something group leader who had more interest in swapping drug related anecdotes than methods for recovery. one particular night we had an older woman who was trying to become certified as a drug counselor. she was observing and listening to our group as part of a "hands-on" course for her program, and this poor woman obviously had no fucking clue about real-world drug culture based on her reactions to our teenage drug-fueled banter. it was like a scene from dangerous minds. so we're all yapping away and dick-sizing, telling drug stories and someone brings up a time they fireballed a hit of acid. this woman , speaking for the first time in weeks, raises her hand and calmly asks the group what "fireballing" means. we explain that it's when someone doses LSD by dropping it in their eye. later on i sneak a look at the notes she's been writing and see "fire ball: doing drugs in your eye", as though you could use any and every drug by this route of administration...

As others have pointed out, the entirety of the curriculum used in the D.A.R.E. program is fallacious for the most part.

I remember that class from before my days of drug use. They lied in order to terrify the shit out of children, for the goal of getting them to avoid drugs. Nevermind that it's never been shown to do so, and, in fact, may INCREASE the likelihood of eventual drug use overall and/or decrease the age of first exposure.

That ecstasy pills are "cocaine based" or "heroin based"

LSD on postage stamps, temporary tattoos, etc

That smoking cannabis leads you to harder drugs.

Alcohol is safe.

Anything and everything you were told in D.A.R.E. class.

That's just painful.

In grade 5 the school sent home letters with every student advising parents that someone in the neighbourhood was giving out stickers laced with LSD to children, and that their children should be duly informed to not talk to strangers and people behaving strangely. It was very serious and it had everyone stressed out, even though no one knew who the supposed victims were.

Other lies: LSD flashbacks, LSD will make you think you can fly and then you'll want to jump off buildings, LSD makes you insane and want to commit suicide; all drugs completely fry your brain and turn you into a deranged criminal; if you try cannabis once you will start wanting other drugs...

These were all things said by cops coming to visit my school. Fucking pigs and their lies.

I'm glad we have the internet now so people can look up the truth. When I was in grade 5 the internet was still small and this info was hard to come by. By the time I was 16 I was already experimenting with weed, mushrooms, ketamine, ephedrine, and MDMA.

Come to think of it, if they hadn't come to school to give those talks, I probably wouldn't have learned that mind altering substances existed until much later on. They peaked my curiosity. Whenever authority tells me not to do something, I always immediately consider it.

i was in a court ordered outpatient rehab program when i was 15, which was basically a room full of teenage drug users dickin around with our 20-something group leader who had more interest in swapping drug related anecdotes than methods for recovery. one particular night we had an older woman who was trying to become certified as a drug counselor. she was observing and listening to our group as part of a "hands-on" course for her program, and this poor woman obviously had no fucking clue about real-world drug culture based on her reactions to our teenage drug-fueled banter. it was like a scene from dangerous minds. so we're all yapping away and dick-sizing, telling drug stories and someone brings up a time they fireballed a hit of acid. this woman , speaking for the first time in weeks, raises her hand and calmly asks the group what "fireballing" means. we explain that it's when someone doses LSD by dropping it in their eye. later on i sneak a look at the notes she's been writing and see "fire ball: doing drugs in your eye", as though you could use any and every drug by this route of administration...
fkn lmao. Reminds me of my first rehab in my teens. We seriously fucked up the therapist. I walked past the lunch room and saw her with her head on the table in disarray. I forget what we were talking about coz i was drunk lol

My brother is adamant that if he's around people smoking weed (i.e. secondhand smoke) and he cops a drug test days later, that it will be detected and he will be fired.

Also once spent a good 6 hours stuck in the ER trying to explain the effects of MDMA - the nurses were telling me its deadly and makes your brain bleed...

In grade 5 the school sent home letters with every student advising parents that someone in the neighbourhood was giving out stickers laced with LSD to children, and that their children should be duly informed to not talk to strangers and people behaving strangely. It was very serious and it had everyone stressed out, even though no one knew who the supposed victims were.

Other lies: LSD flashbacks, LSD will make you think you can fly and then you'll want to jump off buildings, LSD makes you insane and want to commit suicide; all drugs completely fry your brain and turn you into a deranged criminal; if you try cannabis once you will start wanting other drugs...

These were all things said by cops coming to visit my school. Fucking pigs and their lies.

I'm glad we have the internet now so people can look up the truth. When I was in grade 5 the internet was still small and this info was hard to come by. By the time I was 16 I was already experimenting with weed, mushrooms, ketamine, ephedrine, and MDMA.

Come to think of it, if they hadn't come to school to give those talks, I probably wouldn't have learned that mind altering substances existed until much later on. They peaked my curiosity. Whenever authority tells me not to do something, I always immediately consider it.

Yeah the flashbacks one I heard a lot as a kid, haha. And it was always coupled with the idea that you were going to try and fly then die from jumping out a window...

Most uninformed thing you have heard or read about a drug?

When it comes to drugs all of us have been uninformed in one way or another at some time. I would like to read the most uninformed thing you guys have heard or believed about a drug. It doesnt matter if you read it somewhere or heard it from someone. One example of something I used to believe was that LSD caused the brain to bleed. I actually believed this for quite awhile until I actually decided to read up and inform myself.

Another example (this is what made me decide to post this thread) is this post that I just read on facebook:

"Molly has been a common drug lately & everyone is trying it. Pop 1 and your sweating? Let me explain why your sweating: Molly is a drug made up of cocaine, crack, ecstasy, meth & bath salt. It slows your heart rate 10x the normal limit & reeks havoc on your immune system with just one pill. Take two & it damages your brain without you even being able realize it. It becomes an addiction & soon a cry for help. By the fifth one you take, it starts killing your organs & preventing them from functioning as normal. It increases your chance of stroke & heart attack and can cause your lungs to stop functioning all together! It is a very powerful & VERY DANGEROUS drug! More harmful than crack itself. Many rappers are promoting it to involve young people in the manufacturing, selling, and usage of the drug. Spread the word to save lives of young people across the country! Show them the truth so they can make an informed & smart decision if they're ever offered it."

That gave me a good laugh when I first read it. Its sad that I have friends who believe that and reposted it.

^ lol.. just knew that was going to be posted.

"MOLLY MOLLY MOLLY!! It's puurrrrrreeeeeee!"

'Crack is a purer form of cocaine'
Or that crack is a different drug from cocaine powder.

"Mushrooms give you food poisoning because they are old mushrooms and that's why you trip."