• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

I have a friend that went to the hospital for an OD on E pills that had heroin. The hospital took his blood and determined it was to much heroin that caused him to OD not meth or whatever else people throw into ills these days.

It's possible that it was some kind of other opiate other then heiron. From what I read Heirons BA orally is really low. Plus I don't think a hospital can tell he took heiron exactly, it metabolizes into morphine in your body as does every other opiate. Maybe it was fent? Idk. Just my 2 cents. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

It's true, a blood test can't detect heroin if the heroin was taken orally. It is completely converted into morphine when taken orally. If the person had morphine in his system and said that the only drug he had taken was pills that were supposed to be Ecstasy it's possible someone at the hospital leapt to the conclusion that the E was laced with heroin (plus it would help scare them from doing E again). I think there is very likely another much more reasonable explanation - it makes no sense to me that someone overdosing on heroin from taking heroin-laced ecstasy pills could even happen. Heroin is pretty weak orally, the amount of morphine it turns into is less than if you took morphine itself orally, although it might cause a peak blood level of morphine higher than oral morphine itself, but it would still take a LOT of heroin to be in a tablet of E in order to OD from it and there is no reason anyone would lace E with heroin, heroin is more valuable. I'm thinking better explanations would include this friend took some kind of opioid pills which someone mistakenly sold to them believing they were Ecstasy, or someone in the equation was lying.

I don't have much else to say about this aside from that the information about drugs taught in school is insufficient, misleading and puts young peoples health at risk. More spending on drug ed is needed; perhaps having ex-addicts come and speak to kids rather than a fucking teacher that probably takes drugs themselves would be much safer IMO

Anything you sniff goes straight up into your brain.

LSD on temporary tatoos.

Acid makes your brain bleed.

Ecstasy puts holes in your brain.

Heroin causes AIDS.

Ecstasy is a mix of mescaline and meth, and is cut with heroin, cocaine, and rat poison.

Pot is laced with rat poison/bug spray.

Angel dust will make you jump off a building.

Ambien is not addictive.

GHB is the date rape drug. Please... if there's a "date rape drug" it's fucking ALCOHOL.

After 7 hits of LSD you are legally insane.

Ketamine is for cats.

Crack is cheap.

Probably lots more I cant think of right now.

It's possible that it was some kind of other opiate other then heiron. From what I read Heirons BA orally is really low. Plus I don't think a hospital can tell he took heiron exactly, it metabolizes into morphine in your body as does every other opiate. Maybe it was fent? Idk. Just my 2 cents. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

what about snorting? my friend od'd from snorting. she didn't take much but it was her first time and she weights less then 45 kilos.
after she got Naloxone she got better, and we didn't wanted to admit that she took something. we blamed it on the pills that are prescribed to her by her shrink.
and hospital staff mentioned that there are some opiates found in her blood. we played dumb and asked what kind of opiates.
their answer was that they can't tell us. so idiotic. they can tell that there are drugs found in her system to her friends but they can't tell which one.
before this event I didn't even believed that someone can OD from snorting that amount of heroin.

that LSD makes your brain hemmorrage and that's why people see more red than other colors. (2 myths in one)

that when you smoke meth, if you hold your hit in the smoke will crystalize inside your lungs and if it builds up too much your lungs will crack, like ice.

that if even a tiny air bubble gets into your veins while IVing anything it will kill you instantly.

I'm sure there're more, but I can't remember.

That you get instantly addicted to heroin after doing it once.

Ecstasy puts holes in your brain. <-- as someone else mentioned

Gabapentin/pregabalin has little dependancy liability (yea right) <--- told so by doctor that I would like to see get kicked in the crotch 50000 times over.

Cannabis causes psychosis and makes you insane.

Alcohol is legal and therefore more safe than illegal drugs.

LSD makes you think you can fly.

Well... it is 8) :p
True, but I was told by my parents and drug counselors shit like "you're crazy, that shit is only for cats" and "ketamine is so dangerous for humans". Then upon investigation I find out that it was developed for human use, and is still widely used on humans due to its relative SAFETY among anesthetics. And it was used on my sister during her c-section. "Dangerous animal tranquilizer" my ass lol.

Wow, where to begin.

The biggest one that people STILL SAY AND BELIEVE every day is

"ecstacy is laced with heroin or coke. The ones with heroin make you tired and the ones with coke make you up." I could argue with these people till we were blue in the face and they would never change their minds.

My favourite was that if I ever took LSD crystals would form in my spine and I'd become paralysed. Then when I found erowid, I realised how full of shit everyone coming to schools to 'discuss' drugs & alcohol were.

im pretty sure i got ketamine for my wisdom teeth extraction, before i blacked out i could see the ceiling spinning/distorting similar to shrooms

Wow, where to begin.

The biggest one that people STILL SAY AND BELIEVE every day is

"ecstacy is laced with heroin or coke. The ones with heroin make you tired and the ones with coke make you up." I could argue with these people till we were blue in the face and they would never change their minds.

Lol, I know what you mean man. It's the same story with trying to explain that there is no such thing as a stack. People are just to ignorant to understand.

If you go into a rough area you are automatically going to get robbed/carjacked/beat up, etc

they know the deal

When I was pretty young, we had a community gathering where ex-addicts spoke to families about drugs (probably 100 people there). Mind you, this was around 1970 and it was pretty much pot, acid, heroin and the collective "pills". They had real drugs placed on a table so you could come up and look at them. The only thing I really still remember is a lady talking about dropping acid for awhile and she said she kept hearing about, just tripping out of the blue (not having taken it). I can't remember what it's called! But she commented on how she felt ripped off she never got one. I've always thought that was a hell of a thing to say to a group of parents and yound kids about drugs/acid. Obviously, it's stuck with me for decades.

The only thing I really still remember is a lady talking about dropping acid for awhile and she said she kept hearing about, just tripping out of the blue (not having taken it). I can't remember what it's called! But she commented on how she felt ripped off she never got one.

"Acid flashbacks". I don't believe in them. That was one of the scare tactics used on us, that using LSD even once is guaranteed to cause disturbing "flashbacks" that could randomly occur at any time, even years later, where you are suddenly back in the terrifying world of LSD hallucinations, haha. They also said the flashbacks were caused by the fact that LSD makes your brain bleed and a flashback is caused by the scabs in your brain coming unstuck 8(

"I've never met anybody who's had a flashback in my life and I took millions of trips in the Sixties, and I've never met anybody who had any problem." - John Lennon.

If anything brought me closer to the thought of taking Acid, it was the "possibility" of flashbacks. Back before I knew shit about drugs, "If you take Acid, you will start tripping again at some random time". My immediate reaction, "badass" haha.