• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

I heard a few similar ones. I heard that weed would get laced with methamphetamine because it was "cheaper to do" and made it stronger if it was low quality bud. I know that's wrong now that I know how much it would actually cost.

Weed is a gateway drug, D.A.R.E what a great use of funds. I have not once smoked cigarettes or weed but, MDPV is one hell of a drug.

I've heard that ecstasy puts quarter sized holes in your brain. I guess this was misinformation from a government study that took brain images of users of E. The so called "holes" were just places were the brains activity decreased from use. It was also proven that the study "accidentally" mixed up the label of MDMA with methamphetamine so the study is completely invalid but teachers still talk about these so called holes it puts in your brain. Also heard in middle school that mushrooms makes your brain bleed and blood drips down your spine. Then I heard the same thing about acid. This is a common one that weed cant cause lung cancer. Whoever believes that in my opinion is a little ignorant. Smoke is not good for lungs and there are chemicals in pot that are cancer causing but just because it hasn't been proven (because most pot smokers also smoke cigs, so potheads tend to blame tobacco not weed) a lot of people like to believe that it cant. Those are all the ones I can think of right now.

I am a victim of DARE (Drug Alcohol Resistance Education). They buttfucked me no lube no nothing.

I was told Cannabis was just as bad for you as heroin. I was taught this in school. Naturally I was horrified. Then I found out that my dad used to smoke herb, my uncles still do... all of them successful people. All my friends were smoking, even the Valedictorian (and he was a fucking herb-hound, and a major mooch). So I decided to give it a shot. I loved it. When smoking cannabis didn't destroy my life I decided everything DARE taught me was a lie. Three weeks later I was at day 1 of a 9 month meth binge. Fuck you DARE.

I was also taught that we have homosexuals to thank for AIDS. I was taught in school that "Black people in Africa eat raw monkey brains as a treat, and thats how they got AIDS. Then homosexual flight attendants slept with those tribes and came back, spreading it to the US, where bisexual people introduced it to us heterosexuals."

That pot was being laced with heroin to get you "addicted"

HAHAH. That's awesome.

Yeah, I'd heard that if you tried pot once you'd end up homeless on the streets with a needle in your arm. Very convincing.

Looks like they really use heroin as a scare tactic everywhere.

That ecstasy pills are "cocaine based" or "heroin based"

LSD on postage stamps, temporary tattoos, etc

That smoking cannabis leads you to harder drugs.

Alcohol is safe.

Anything and everything you were told in D.A.R.E. class.

Some do! I personally have not had any but I would love too haha.

There would be no point in putting herion in ecstasy pills. The amount it would take to get you high orally wouldn't be able to fit in the pill and it would be a hugh waste of money.

But I remember in high school we had a group called SADD(students against destructive decisions) and they put up signs All over the school with drug "facts" on them. Most where bullshit but on really pissed me off. It said something along the lines of: people who smoke marijuana will try and get addicted to other drugs. It angerd me so much I ripped that shit off the wall and threw it away

Socially, it's treated completely different to any other drug. "Getting your fix" is called having a drink, and "getting high" is "getting drunk".

And have you noticed how almost any TV show has got a guy who drinks half a bottle of vodka a night and no one ever says anything, whereas if he/she were say, snorting a line of coke a day, it would be this massive thing?
Pathetic example but still, hah.

Socially, it's treated completely different to any other drug. "Getting your fix" is called having a drink, and "getting high" is "getting drunk".

Sadly this will always be the norm for most people. Alcohol is "safe" in their eyes because its legal.

I have a friend that went to the hospital for an OD on E pills that had heroin. The hospital took his blood and determined it was to much heroin that caused him to OD not meth or whatever else people throw into ills these days.

I have a friend that went to the hospital for an OD on E pills that had heroin. The hospital took his blood and determined it was to much heroin that caused him to OD not meth or whatever else people throw into ills these days.

It's possible that it was some kind of other opiate other then heiron. From what I read Heirons BA orally is really low. Plus I don't think a hospital can tell he took heiron exactly, it metabolizes into morphine in your body as does every other opiate. Maybe it was fent? Idk. Just my 2 cents. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

That makes sense. I heard this as second hand information not from the actual friend that it happened to so he may have misinformed me. It was some sort of opiate that he OD'd on that was in the E tho.

My drugs education seemed fairly reasonable. At no point do I remember lies, just exaggerations fo the negative aspects of drugs and downplay of the positives. A friend of mine who was in the year above me agrees, we went to a pretty fuckin good school, one of my teachers when I asked "what did you do at university" replied "smoked too much dope and dossed about" tehe. We had a bit of dick head of year for the last two years though, he searched me, luckily manage to hide the weed I had on me, but found he my weighing boat from scales that I used to heat up hash in, called up my parents and told them I was smoking heroin -.- Whatacunt

I know there is already another thread like this but I can't find it.

Anything and everything you were told in D.A.R.E. class.
^This. I really think that was one of the things that led me to use hard drugs, because I tried drugs like weed and LSD and realized that the supposed authority figures at school were lying about those, so I (wrongly) assumed that everything I'd heard about drugs was suspect and that heroin and cocaine were probably not that harmful or addictive either.

A couple of the biggest lies about drugs that have had the most impact on me personally:

"Methadone has no adverse health effects and you can easily taper off of it with no withdrawals at all whenever you like". - From a methadone clinic.

"Heroin has no ill health effects. Withdrawal symptoms from heroin are mild flu-like symptoms lasting 3-5 days." - From a library book on drugs. Too bad Bluelight didn't exist back then! :(

"I can choose not to get addicted to opiates but only using once a week." - My younger self.