• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

When I was in high school, back in the dark ages, (1970s), a popular rumor was that one could dry out a banana peel and smoke it to achieve a marijuana-like high. I tried to dry one out on a windowsill and told my mom it was for biology class, lol, but it just got black and gross, and I threw it away before my friends and I could try to smoke it. I figured I was just doin' something wrong. :)

I also heard the one about trying heroin just once and becoming addicted instantly.

Marijuana would make you go crazy if you were lucky, and kill you if you weren't.

By and large, we were terrified, (as well as horribly naive), about drugs. I hope kids nowadays are given more accurate information than we were, but I'm not hopeful. The first time anyone smoked pot around me, when I was 14, I ran into another room, so scared was I that I might get some of the smoke into my system and go insane or die!

LOL, what can I say, it was a different time than the one we live in now.

By and large, we were terrified, (as well as horribly naive), about drugs. I hope kids nowadays are given more accurate information than we were, but I'm not hopeful.

These days we have the internet and can learn about drugs in a more educated manner. (for the most part :) )

These days we have the internet and can learn about drugs in a more educated manner. (for the most part :) )

True Dat. ;) I was actually thinking more along the lines of what it taught in the schools. My kiddo is 12 and will be in seventh grade, and has had a few drug education classes, including a "drug bus" that came to his (conservative, Catholic) school when he was in fifth grade! (We had a lot of fun joking about that "drug bus" when he got home that day, about people flagging it down to get aboard, etc.) =D I haven't really discussed with him what he is learning about drugs in school, because both his father and I have overcome addictions and have been very honest with him about what's what.

Kiddo knows he can come to us with any questions and we'll give him accurate information. He has also, unfortunately, seen first hand what can happen when someone allows an addiction to take over their life. Not so much with me, as I was able to hide mine pretty well and maintain a semblance of (fake) normalcy, but with his father's alcohol and crack addiction. He's even told his dad more than once that he is proud of him, which was awesome.

Dawn doctor when I was in highschool a lot of people would talk of "smurf trips" and how they made you think you were small. A lot of people claimed to know someone who had taken them and done stupid things like trying to walk under doors and jumping through drains etc.

I have never been able to find any evidence such a drug exists except from countless accounts from people insisting it was true. I don't even see how it could be possible for a psychedelic to cause such a specific effect as that though. Nobody was saying it was a "type of acid" though, it was claimed to be a completely different drug.

Here's a snippet, Boy high school sure is interesting with these little un-informed creatures.

"Weed causes you to crave meth"

"Mixing Jello Powder with Coke gets you higher"

"LSD comes from Shrooms"

Dawn doctor when I was in highschool a lot of people would talk of "smurf trips" and how they made you think you were small. A lot of people claimed to know someone who had taken them and done stupid things like trying to walk under doors and jumping through drains etc.

I have never been able to find any evidence such a drug exists except from countless accounts from people insisting it was true. I don't even see how it could be possible for a psychedelic to cause such a specific effect as that though. Nobody was saying it was a "type of acid" though, it was claimed to be a completely different drug.

I've experienced a minor version of this. Alice in Wonderland-esque size changes.

Sitting on the floor in a room with friends everyone seems as though they're 8foot tall, even though they're just sitting on chairs a foot off the floor. If I was standing up & looking down to them they looked only a couple of foot tall. I didn't really think I was a giant, or they were or I could fit under a door or whatever, but the effect was cool.

I've heard lots of obviously dumb rumors but the only ones that have really stuck with me are the ones about PCP. I never have any intention to try it as I can do some pretty weird shit and get very strange thoughts on other drugs.

yeah some times when really high size perception can get spaced out, especially when looking up or down at something, but i cant see how a drug could actually make you think you shrank and could drive under another car, hide in matchbox etc...

Alcohol is not a drug, and its safer then recreation drugs. Bullshit

i cant tell you how many times ive heard that from people. That or "because its legal its safe". I laugh and feel bad at the same time. I had about a two hour argument with someone once because they stated that its safe because its legal and its not really a drug.

Some people these days 8(

I hate that every idiot has the idea just because weed is purple it is good. Weed only turns purple when the plants go through a period of frost and/or cold period. You can have some shitty weed that is purple doesn't mean it is good. Oh yea i hate when people claim they have blueberry and it has an intense smell of blueberry. There are sprays for weed that people spray one to give it a marketable scent.

I see it like this when it comes down to it there is indoor and outdoor weed. There is indica, sativa, or hybrid.

O yea there is a difference between embalming fluid and PCP. Heads in NY smoke embalming fluid on the west coast it is PCP.

We have a HUGE thread like that in ED just for the stupid bullshit regarding pills lol

examples:

-Ecstasy will drain your spinal fluid!!!
-Blue pills are heroin based

much LOL

pfft c'mon Zz
everyone knows its the YELLOW pills that are heroin 8) =D

"Yin-Yang tabs are exactly half Speed based and half Heroin based." hahahaha
"yeah, i think the green crowns were like %146 pure"
"do you want the 500, 750, or 1000 mg Vicodin?"
"i got tha triple stacked bars!" or "25 mg Xanax"
"MDA is when it's pure, MDMA is when it's cut with Meth"
...god pill dealers are stupid

this one's the dumbest, my christian friend actually said this bullshit:
"the reason you have track-marks is cause heroin is the devil!"
that doesn't even make any sense! :(

LMFAO at "the reason you have track marks is cause heroin is the devil" seriously what the fuck.

although meth and mdma share a similar backbone, they are in no way the same drug
and just because methamphetamine is in the name doesnt mean its made from meth. That is what im refering to. I know what the chemical name is, but thanks champ ;)

Last edited: