• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best Benzofuran/Empathogen

jameskpoke

Greenlighter
What is everyone's favorite benzofuran? the only one I've had in the lab is 6-apb and it was great but id like to hear comparisons with 6-apb, 5-apb, 6-mapb, 5-mapb, 6-apbd, 5apdb, even 5-eapb. or are there those who prefer fluoridated amphetamines and why? thanks hope this isn't a rehash of an old thread send me a link with more info if I'm just doing a rehash thread.

mdma

Seriously though: i don't think there are a lot of people who have tried them all.

well duh mdma is the best one but i like the stay legal

Edit: besides you cant trust the tabs or molly going around right now any way. plus 6-apb has a nice psychedelic edge to it that i enjoy too

I'm sure nobody's tried them all but of the ones y'all have tried which are your favorite?

id like to add a poll to this. how do i do that?

Last edited:
Well judging by the chems you listed I'm going to assume you're in the UK, and in that case aren't most of those scheduled now?

Aside from overdoing it and being attacked by a dog that wasnt there several times and dealing with worrying vasoconstriction I did enjoy methylone. I really like 4mmc and I had practically no sides from it either, but thats one of those ones that is almost too good to be true that could lead to abuse.. and it does for a lot of people, but its damn nice.

But, I'm guessing you don't have access to those either.

I don't think users can add a poll, a mod has to add one for you.

the compounds you listed in the OP are absolutely illegal in the USA under the federal analog act

its not even gray area, they differ from schedule 1 compounds by substitution of a single atom

exercise caution

the compounds you listed in the OP are absolutely illegal in the USA under the federal analog act

its not even gray area, they differ from schedule 1 compounds by substitution of a single atom

exercise caution

Some benzofurans are explicitly scheduled in certain states, but otherwise they are technically unscheduled unless deemed for human consumption or possession with the intent to ingest. The Federal Analog Act could extend to any number of research chemicals and the benzofurans are no exception, but the way you put it seems to say that these should be treated much more carefully than say 4-MEC in relation to 4-MMC.

6-mapb is rare as fuk, would love to try some though.

6-apdb is nice, its like a stronger version of 6-apb.

Some benzofurans are explicitly scheduled in certain states, but otherwise they are technically unscheduled unless deemed for human consumption or possession with the intent to ingest. The Federal Analog Act could extend to any number of research chemicals and the benzofurans are no exception, but the way you put it seems to say that these should be treated much more carefully than say 4-MEC in relation to 4-MMC.

4-MMC --> 4-MEC is roughly an analogous situation (adding a methyl group vs. O --> alkyl at 5,6 positions. both such transformations put you at high risk of prosecution under the analog act).

what i was trying to say is, if you're prosecuted for possessing a compound that differs substantially from a schedule 1 substance, you have some sort of legal defense. there is gray area. but if you're in possession of such direct and obvious analogs, you have no such defense. there isn't any gray area when you're just adding a methyl or substituting 1 atom on the scaffold of a schedule 1 compound, the analog act clearly says this. possessing basically any compound mentioned in this thread could land you in a federal penitentiary. there is nothing legal about them. exercise caution.

mdma

Seriously though: i don't think there are a lot of people who have tried them all.

MDMA>6-APB>4-FA

6-APB>6-APDB (close call, though)>5-APB (the others I haven't tried often enough yet and don't have my notes with me so can't really rate them at the moment.)

Seriously though, sekio, I think you're underestimating the amount of RC enthusiasts on this forum and how very popular these compounds are. I've tried most (but no, not all) of the compounds listed in the OP at least once, though I'd have to consult my notes to really say which one I liked best out of just the benzofuran family. I enjoyed them all quite a lot, which is how I wound up trying so many of them. I am aware of fellows who have indeed probably tried all the compounds listed in the OP; whether or not they'll chime in is anyone's guess, so let me throw in my two cents here:

I've tried 6-APB and 5-APB enough times separately to say I definitely prefer 6-APB, as I find 5-APB to be less psychedelic, less sociable, more introspective, and sedating almost to the point of making me sleepy. I've tried 6-APDB at varying (lower) dosages and found it very enjoyable and very MDMA-esque (it's rather like a quicker, more intense, and perhaps slightly more psychedelic version of 6-APB). Although I enjoy the benzofurans very much, I find that they take quite the toll on my body, even when I take normal precautions against empathogens/ entactogens (ie, taking my vitamins, staying hydrated, eating well, blah blah) - the hangovers can be terribly harsh, much worse for me than MDMA or 4-FA. I find the benzofuran hangovers can cause intense gastrointestinal distress (in other words, expect to spend a lot of time in the bathroom the next day), cause nausea throughout the experience, headaches, and photosensitivity that lasts well into the next day as well. And I know we're on a trust system here, but believe me, I dose in moderation and space my doses adequately during and between sessions. I've never had such terrible hangovers with MDMA - I usually experience a major afterglow lasting about two weeks with MDMA; I'm lucky that way - no headaches, no hangover, just a little fatigue. Neither have I experienced such negative after-effects with 4-FA - headaches and dry-mouth, mostly. Nothing some electrolytes and a hearty breakfast wouldn't fix.

That's all I've got off the top of my head. I'd enjoy hearing about the preferences of those who have also had experiences with a wide variety of the members of the APB family. There's raging debate about it all over this and similar forums. I think 6-APB is going to have a tendency to win out, though that could just be because it's been around longest and sort of set the standard for the class. Also, fewer people will have experience with the newer variations that have come out, so there's going to be less basis for comparison. I think it'll be interesting to observe how the general consensus changes on which one's "best" after a few years of letting these compounds circulate.

what i was trying to say is, if you're prosecuted for possessing a compound that differs substantially from a schedule 1 substance, you have some sort of legal defense. there is gray area. but if you're in possession of such direct and obvious analogs, you have no such defense. there isn't any gray area when you're just adding a methyl or substituting 1 atom on the scaffold of a schedule 1 compound, the analog act clearly says this. possessing basically any compound mentioned in this thread could land you in a federal penitentiary. there is nothing legal about them.

The vagueness of the analog act is quite nice, isn't it? For instance, I would argue that the nutmeg essential oil myristicin -- differing from the Schedule I MMDA by just a single bonded NH2 (instead of a double bonded carbon) and an additional methyl group -- and also possessing psychedelic qualities with high consumption -- sure seems like it runs afoul of the analog act.

Doesn't that just suck for the nutmeg lovers that deliberately consume some myristicin in their tasty nutmeg every day? :) Of course, nutmeg will never be banned... the point is more that the current legislation is indeed perhaps vague enough to ban nutmeg. (If they didn't add the "analog must have similar effects" clause, too, a whole lot of other chemicals would be in trouble -- see: GABA supplements vs. GHB, heck, even MSG vs. GHB...)

Generally speaking, the analog act has more been used against vendors vs. users. However, with the "bath salts" scare, I'm hearing of a few more cases of users being prosecuted with it as well.

It's actually *is* a grey area, because the analog act allows you to possess it "not for human consumption". Reality is unless you have chem research cred I doubt you'd be able to utilize this defense well. Best strategy is to treat these chemicals like their Schedule I cousin, really.

If you want my opinion: Most of the APB's I tried (on several occasions) felt rather draining and dirty on the body. The high of 6 & 5 APB was alight, but the comedown and side-effects associated with the drug are far worse than any I have ever experienced with MDMA. Furthermore, 6-APB gave me rather worrying temperature fluctuations to the point where I afraid I would overheat at times. Couple this with the horrible insomnia that comes with 6-APB, and you have a rather dirty feeling drug.

I can't see any reason why one would choose 6-APB over MDMA (apart from legality but that's irrelevant now anyway). MDMA is easy to get hold of, its better, its cleaner AND we have slightly more research on what it does to your brain and body compared to 6-APB.

MDMA all the way...Speaking of which.....

6-apb + 5-apb (75mg + 75mg or so), never had any of the sides that SilentRoller described

6-apb + 5-apb (75mg + 75mg or so), never had any of the sides that SilentRoller described

Sounds about right.

I've tried 6-APB, 5-APB, and 5-Mapb, as well as 6-apdb. My favourite amongst these is 6apb. I love its long plateau. It doesn't feel that toxic to my system either...

Just because it doesn't feel toxic to a select few of you, it doesn't mean its not shit. I have tried 5 & 6 apb in combination (60mg 6 and 50mg 5) and whilst the high was pretty good, the crash was far worse than any I have ever experienced from MDMA. Furthermore, I have also tried 6APB in isolation, from dosages ranging from 120mg to 200mg. All of these doses, whilst they gave me an alright high, felt much dirtier than MDMA and gave me a horrible crash with temp fluctuations. 6APB also gave me terrible brain-zaps.......

I'm sorry, but if you have been "bought up" (figurative language) on MDMA, 6-apb is just just dirty in comparison.

I never had any crash/brain zaps from the 5 & 6 apb combo (nor from 5-mapb)... felt completely normal next day, of course individual responses vary so..

Just because it doesn't feel toxic to a select few of you, it doesn't mean its not shit. I have tried 5 & 6 apb in combination (60mg 6 and 50mg 5) and whilst the high was pretty good, the crash was far worse than any I have ever experienced from MDMA. Furthermore, I have also tried 6APB in isolation, from dosages ranging from 120mg to 200mg. All of these doses, whilst they gave me an alright high, felt much dirtier than MDMA and gave me a horrible crash with temp fluctuations. 6APB also gave me terrible brain-zaps.......

I'm sorry, but if you have been "bought up" (figurative language) on MDMA, 6-apb is just just dirty in comparison.

Its no worse than MDA. Its not fair to compare 6-APB to MDMA when its a direct MDA analog. MDA does all of the above and more. The first time I had MDA, I crashed so hard that I was seeing in my head all the ways I could kill myself and I had brain zaps for a week, temperature fluctuations at the peak, and I became dizzy and delirious and I vomited as well on the come up.

6-APB was nothing in comparison. It was mildly tachycardic though.

6 apb/6 apdb are the best IMO. Next 5 mapb followed by 5 apb. Never tried 6 mapb/6 eapb. 5 eapb is okish nothing special though. Vs MDA/MDMA they are different drugs and subjective effects differ from individual to individual. MDMA has not done much for me for over a decade so the apb's were something different. The come downs were nothing worse than some MDMA/MDA comedowns unless you include the serotonin syndrome from excessive consumption + mixing with aMT and Etoh... Wouldn't have made much of a difference if anything perhaps worsened the situation if it was MDMA I consumed vs 6 apb due to the cocktail of drugs I consumed along side the apb.

My faves are 6-APDB and 5-MAPB, though I haven't tried 6-MAPB or 5-EAPB. It's odd, with 6-APDB, my preferred ROA was IV. Didn't produce a rush at the levels I preferred, high doses did give an uncomfortable, hot, anxious, nauseating rush. I never weighed my shots, but I'd take 120mg and use it in 4-6 shots over the course of the day. It wasn't so much a drug experience per se; mood lift, everything looked cool and was more interesting, but I didn't really take 6-APDB to get HIGH, just make a normal day extraordinary. Felt laid-back, a friend thought I was on morphine cuz I was so mellow, however when I HAD to do something, I had energy and could move much faster. Not very "molly-like" at all, more like a slightly visual opiate. The visuals were worth seeing; nothing comparable to real psychs, no fractals, but texture looked much better on this drug than any psych I've ever done.

Now, 5-MAPB was much more "rolly" to me, and I used it as such. 200-600mg oral doses. Mongy as some might say. Main effect for me was a heavy head high, couldn't focus on anything else, once spent 12hrs on 450mg, just sitting, not talking, no music, just a fan, a wet rag, me and that head high. Tried banging just a bit, overshot it, similar to too much 6-APDB, but on low doses, had none of the magic. 5-MAPB made me wanna do a lot of it, couldn't be satiated with subtle effects. More visuals than 6-APDB, but not as interesting. I haven't found much in way of true empathy with any APBs.

I would not neccessarily choose MDMA over either of these, nor would I sub these for MDMA. For me, 6-APDB is for going about your day. MDMA for clubbing. 5-MAPB for just chilling.