• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Best benzo for Opioid Withdrawal

That sounds like the very common method of helping with narcotic withdrawal by mitigating various symptoms and/or stretching out any supply the person has left. I have taken clonazepam only a few times to see what the difference was, and when I had to deal with narcotic withdrawal in the past I found that since the most disruptive symptom for me is insomnia that nitrazepam was helpful, and I could metabolise it properly versus diazepam which does what it is meant to do but gives me a 4-8 day hangover too.

The one other benzodiazepine-related protocols I have been told about are diazepam ad libitum with non-benzodiazepines for the other symptoms prn (paracetamol, clomethiazole, booze), and one with alprazolam during the day and flunitrazepam at night and also symptomatic treatment of, for example, elevated body temperature with paracetamol and/or mefenamic acid.
IMHO the 2mg rohypnol (flunitrazepam) isnt so good To sleeping but of course its strong hypnotic effects having benzo, but i am taking way much More its "little Brother" 5mg insomin (nitrazepam) which is very Long half life and its very sedative and Long acting and anticonvulsive properties. 15mg DC (midazolam), i mean dormicum is just in heavy recreational use because its water soluble and easy To use intravenously. But not very many know that, that the midazolam tablets got To be in water which pH is under 4

You will probably only get rebound anxiety, the real danger is creating a new psychological addiction however.

I also advise against mixing clonazepam, especially in those high doses, with oxycodone. My advice is when you get your new oxy script stop the clonazepam.

Oh and as far as opiate withdrawal comfort meds go, pregabalin is at the top for me.
Pregabalin To me is prescribed To severe chronic nerve pain and GAD and its the Best choice for opioid withdrawal including alprazolam or lorazepam.... And in the evening insomin)(nitrazepam) To sleep... Lyrica 900mg a Day and alprazolam about 6mg and lorazepam (temesta) for if is it have To take something More

Pregabalin To me is prescribed To severe chronic nerve pain and GAD and its the Best choice for opioid withdrawal including alprazolam or lorazepam.... And in the evening insomin)(nitrazepam) To sleep... Lyrica 900mg a Day and alprazolam about 6mg and lorazepam (temesta) for if is it have To take something More

^^^^ that would be a very comfortable way to go through opiate withdrawal for sure. I agree.

Gabapentin actually works wonders! I am surprised how much it helps. I barely noticed it when I dropped from 75 mg MS Contin
a day to 60 mg a day when I was low on medication in December.

For me itd be a mix of either Diaz/Clonac/Alpraz in high doses, Diaz/Alpraz or just lots of Alpraz or Clonaz on their own but lots of it.
Id be having 4-6mg of xanax apon waking with 20mg of valium and 2-4mg clonaz.
Then 2-4mg of xanax as needed through the day then 2-4mg clonaz and 40mg of valium at night to sleep.
Mind you ive got a decent tolerance to benzos even though im not even close to being dependent. Its just seems like you always need more.

Yeah, Clonidine is the best aid imho as it attacks the problem right at the core, the overabundance of norepinephrinergic activity during rebound/withdrawal. Of course one can also combine clonidine + some low dosed benzodiazepine and/or loperamide for the peripheral symptoms like diarrhea (lope is indeed an opioid which just doesn't pass the blood brain barrier).

Yeah, Clonidine is the best aid imho as it attacks the problem right at the core, the overabundance of norepinephrinergic activity during rebound/withdrawal. Of course one can also combine clonidine + some low dosed benzodiazepine and/or loperamide for the peripheral symptoms like diarrhea (lope is indeed an opioid which just doesn't pass the blood brain barrier).

I disagree, from my experience Loperamide does cross the BBB but only at exceptionally high doses. It's all about "flooding the gate" in order for it to get through, if I take around 70mg in one dose it gives a mild Morphine-like effect and all my WDs disappear but it takes a few hours to notice it's central effects.

Yeah this is possible too. I just meant lope is also helpful by only utilizing the peripheral opioid effects.

^^^^ that would be a very comfortable way to go through opiate withdrawal for sure. I agree.

Gabapentin actually works wonders! I am surprised how much it helps. I barely noticed it when I dropped from 75 mg MS Contin
DO you mean gababentin as a medicine, here gababentin is Branded under gabrion and neurontin... But has nothing when compared to pregabalin, lyrica brand original. Its modified from gababentin but doesnt do me ANY recreational or medicational use

Youre taking pregabalin right? Up the dose or start taking gabapentin also. Benzos are not worth for the wd cause you might get in bigger problems.

Youre taking pregabalin right? Up the dose or start taking gabapentin also. Benzos are not worth for the wd cause you might get in bigger problems.
The benzos arent a problem 👍 ill have prescribed 60mg of diazepam daily. 20mg ×3,and insomin 5mg (nitrazepam) 3tbl at the night and 900mg lyrica a Day. 300mg ×3 a Day. Then 0.4mg temgesic ×4 a Day, vyvanse 70mg in the morning and 20mg dexedrine IR in the Day. Plus than the epilepsy medication deprakine (valproic acid) 1000mg on the evening. And tolvon (mianserin) 60mg on the evening. Old tertracyklic anti-depressant which helps me To be in sleeping Mode.

DO you mean gababentin as a medicine, here gababentin is Branded under gabrion and neurontin... But has nothing when compared to pregabalin, lyrica brand original. Its modified from gababentin but doesnt do me ANY recreational or medicational use

Neurontin is the brand name for Gabapentin here.
I think we are talking about the same thing.

It sure helps me for problems associated with Narcolepsy but it does not have much recreational value.
It does help for opiate withdrawal though. A lot.

did you use gabapentin while tapering from theMS contin? You said gabapentin worked wonders when you dropped from 75mg to 60mg.

I’m currently tapering down myself right now and I was asking myself that same question, “Could I use these gabapentin during my taper or do I need to save them until I jump off?”

I have Enough to use during my taper and when I jump off I just didn’t know if they were useful during a taper or not

@Macadamia
well...I never did taper.

Turned out that they were not useful during a taper.
They really take that nice opiate high away. It actually made me use more pain medication.

Now I have to turn to Loperamide for a few days. Fuck!

I just want to drop the Gabapentin completely but I am too scared to do it just Cold turkey.
I know they can have some bad withdrawal and I have been taking them for a month.

When I get my pain medication refilled, I am going to drop them ASAP!

@Macadamia
well...I never did taper.

Turned out that they were not useful during a taper.
They really take that nice opiate high away. It actually made me use more pain medication.

Now I have to turn to Loperamide for a few days. Fuck!

I just want to drop the Gabapentin completely but I am too scared to do it just Cold turkey.
I know they can have some bad withdrawal and I have been taking them for a month.

When I get my pain medication refilled, I am going to drop them ASAP!

Hey painful one! Not to hijack this thread, but if you or anyone else needs help with Gabapentinoid withdrawal, we can definitely start/continue a thread on the subject. I know a lot of people, myself included, that could benefit.

Hey painful one! Not to hijack this thread, but if you or anyone else needs help with Gabapentinoid withdrawal, we can definitely start/continue a thread on the subject. I know a lot of people, myself included, that could benefit.

I do need help with gabapentin withdrawal.
I did start a thread on it already.
Basically the answers I got ranged from it is fucking horrific to did not even notice it.

I was told to taper down slow.
I didn’t take any today and I am feeling it now at noon.
So I am going to have to take one.
I am going to listen to my body on this one.
This withdrawal could be dangerous.