• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Best benzo for Opioid Withdrawal

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all..

I've clean from Benzos for 5 weeks and all my symptoms have gone. At this very monent in time I've ran out of my Oxycodone IR script (120mg daily) and I don't get a refill in a few days and withdrawals are becoming worse. I've ordered Clonazepam 2mg tabs, should these help or is there better benzos out there for Opioid Withdrawal? Cheers!

Afaik, clonazepam work better than others. It relaxes muscles, helps with the nausea, is quite strong and doesn't have a very short half life. I would prefer Xanax as an addition just to make me feel out of it a little more probably but it's just me. Good luck.

That sounds like the very common method of helping with narcotic withdrawal by mitigating various symptoms and/or stretching out any supply the person has left. I have taken clonazepam only a few times to see what the difference was, and when I had to deal with narcotic withdrawal in the past I found that since the most disruptive symptom for me is insomnia that nitrazepam was helpful, and I could metabolise it properly versus diazepam which does what it is meant to do but gives me a 4-8 day hangover too.

The one other benzodiazepine-related protocols I have been told about are diazepam ad libitum with non-benzodiazepines for the other symptoms prn (paracetamol, clomethiazole, booze), and one with alprazolam during the day and flunitrazepam at night and also symptomatic treatment of, for example, elevated body temperature with paracetamol and/or mefenamic acid.

When I get my Oxycodone back tomorrow should discontinue the Clonazepam? It is dangerous to mix Benzo and Opiods?

When I get my Oxycodone back tomorrow should discontinue the Clonazepam? It is dangerous to mix Benzo and Opiods?

It can be dangerous to do so if it is done sloppily and carelessly, but they also are used concomitantly for pain clinically all the time, almost always when muscle spasm or insomnia are part of it That would be the only reason I myself would consider it, as there is physical dependence potential with benzodiazepines and withdrawal is much more dangerous.

The US FDA and European Medicines Agency have both published monographs in the last decade to the effect that there is some evidence of an elevated risk for falls especially in the elderly.

Clonazepam especially is used for opioid potentiation. If you start with half a dose of each and titrate the doses to where they have the old oxycodone effect without too much sedation, you could very well end up with extra oxycodone left at the end of the month, and/or the old oxycodone dose will do its job more effectively.

Last edited:
I took 4mg at 1:30pm and slept till 5:30pm then I took another 4mg at 6:00pm and I slept till 10pm. Should I take anymore for bedtime? I get my Oxycodone script in the morning. If I do take another 4mg before bed then thats 12mg within a 12 hour period which seems excessive!

BTW, I believe the best drug for many withdrawal type effects is clonadine (sp?). Not too sure what class it is, maybe blood pressure? Sounds like you'll make it just fine. Good luck!

Clonidine. It's a blood pressure medication, I think that it's a beta blocker. It helps to subdue many symptoms of opiate withdrawal. There is a method of withdrawal with only clonazepam and clodine which many hospitals use. Be careful if you use clonidine because if taken more than needed, you could faint because of low blood pressure.

I've clean of Clonazepam for nearly 6 years. Will a 12 binge of 12mg trigger another dependency? Like I said took 4mg in the mornin, 4mg in the afternoon, and 4mg at night. I've no intention of taking anymore as I used them for Oxycodone withdrawal.

I used clonazepam when i got off methadone, it helps a bit but don't expect miracles. Just be careful to not get a new addiction

I've clean of Clonazepam for nearly 6 years. Will a 12 binge of 12mg trigger another dependency? Like I said took 4mg in the mornin, 4mg in the afternoon, and 4mg at night. I've no intention of taking anymore as I used them for Oxycodone withdrawal.

I don't think 12 mg would set you back to addiction but just be very watchful of yourself. Ive never had an issue with dropping benzos but some may

It can be different based on medical history, physiognomy, and metabolism for each person, but full-scale complicated physical dependence on a given benzodiazepine takes a seriously protracted bout of round the clock dosing, just as it takes one and a half to four months of two to four shots of morphine a day to become an addict or iatrogenic habitué. That doesn't mean that the song of the poppies will not start rising in volume even after one use, but the physical dependence becomes clinically significant later.

On the other hand, an epic benzo orgy and/or a high-end benzodiazepine bender on the order of days to weeks could leave one with rebound symptoms which fall on both sides of the threshold of perception, just as someone in hospital for several days for an operation with a PCA pump may feel not 100 per cent for a couple of days after discharge.

The difference, of course, is that, even in healthy people, the abstinence syndrome after prolonged high-dose benzo use is cataclysmic, spectacular, and exceedingly dangerous.

Last edited:
In My opinion, its NOT!!!! Because mixing benzos, opioids and lets took there a one group along, alcohol... I mean it IS REALLY DANGEROUS but its like driving bicycle, once you learn it, youll never forget it...

You will probably only get rebound anxiety, the real danger is creating a new psychological addiction however.

I also advise against mixing clonazepam, especially in those high doses, with oxycodone. My advice is when you get your new oxy script stop the clonazepam.

Oh and as far as opiate withdrawal comfort meds go, pregabalin is at the top for me.

You will probably only get rebound anxiety, the real danger is creating a new psychological addiction however.

I also advise against mixing clonazepam, especially in those high doses, with oxycodone. My advice is when you get your new oxy script stop the clonazepam.

Oh and as far as opiate withdrawal comfort meds go, pregabalin is at the top for me.

I'm prescribed Clonazepam now cos I need it for my GAD. So this thread is kinda irrelevant now. Merry Christmas btw :)

I'm prescribed Clonazepam now cos I need it for my GAD. So this thread is kinda irrelevant now. Merry Christmas btw :)
LYRICA/PREGABALIN! < this also perhaps combined with Gabapentin (in moderate doses, say 250-700 pregab / 300-600 pentin to start assisted me in cutting down in october and only using 22 out of 30 days of meds, my doses were larger due to tolerance/Stimulant use to make time just quicker. but gabapentinoids should be looked into ! cessation 'cold turkey' has potential dangers, be careful.
Let's see if i can beat 29 hours without a dose, i'm close to 24 hazzaaa

Stay safe
~Zonxx

Diazepam helps with the anxiety, the muscle aches/cramps and the restlessness pretty well. I'd probably take that 3 or 4 times a day. For sleep I'd go with Xanax, Triazolam or Nitrazepam. Xanax is great as lower does work similar to how diazepam does but higher doses work as a sleep aide.

can i also add that using a benzo in this manner is Extremely risky due to physical habituation that can occur relatively quickly with benzodiazepines

keep your doses low.. Clonazepam is a good drug aka rivotril/Kpins.