• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo's general discussions, no opioids please.

hesus popescu

Bluelighter
So far I took, Only Alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, Bromazepam(which i think it's great wehen you take about 4.5, to six mg)

Currently i have a big tollerance to alprazolam, i need to take like 5 mg just to give me the buzz that 0.5 once gave me long time ago..

Although, I have a question. When you get a specifically benzo tollerance, that does not apply to the other benzo's, right? I mean, essentially, They're all the same but slightly different. (that was question number one)

Also, i'm a heavy drinker, especially beer, and i've mixed like every benzo that i took, with alcohol (except Bromazepam, because it was for the first time). We all know that alcohol and benzodiazepines acts on the same GABA-A receptors the only difference is that benzodiazepines acts SELECTEVLY, when on the other hand, alcohol just only makes a pure mess of the same receptors.

Could Alcohol somehow mask the benzodiazepine Addiction?

Last edited:
There certainly is cross tolerance among all the benzos. There probably is some incompleteness of this just as there is with opioids but generally speaking, equipotent doses should give similar effects.

Im not sure what you mean by alcohol masking benzo addiction. Can you elaborate?

All benzos have a cross tolerance 100% (this is from personal experience and from information online). I believe that alcohol may also slightly increase your tolerance to benzos. When I first took benzos I had a high alcohol tolerance and I would definitely have to take a higher dosage of benzos than the normal 'starting' dose you read online to get a buzz.

In regards to alcohol masking benzo addiction is I'm not 100% sure exactly what you mean but when I first came off of benzos a few years back I drank heavily and I barely got any withdrawal symptoms. After a while and a realisation what I was doing was probably more destructive than just taking benzos I stopped drinking all together... 2 days later BOOM full blown withdrawal symptoms. Heavy withdrawal symptoms for around a month then slowly got less and less. I also had to take a 'release' from these symptoms and I did so by drinking and being drunk did take away the majority of the symptoms but boy you pay for it a couple of days later when the benzo withdrawal ramps up to worse than it was.

Ever been drinking heavily one night without benzos then the next day gulp a couple of liters of water and 10mg of valium and wow suddenly you have 0% hangover. This is all from personal experience but when I took benzo withdrawal seriously and joined a support froup (mainly made up of non-abusers like me) it was basically made known from the get DO NOT drink when in benzo withdrawal it will only hold you back. Which is very correct.

So in answer to your 2 questions:

Do all benzos have a cross tolerance: Yes
Can alcohol mask benzo addiction: Yes.

Thank you, this explains everything, Before i had aplrazolam tolerance, 3-4 beers with like 1 mg o alprazolam would get me in a really good mood. And now, when i'm drinking, i have to drink 5+ beers, and pop like 5 mg's of alprazolam i suddenely just fall the fuck down. alprazolam alone does'nt give much now, like does'nt give me at all, but when i combine it with alcohol, it isn't like it used to be before, just feeling the effect increases with each pill and drink, no, its just bashes me right in the fucking head after 6-7 beers and lets say 5mg of xanax the funny thing is that i remmember almost everything.

Also with Lorazepam, when I first took it like 2 years ago, just one pill (1mg) it really fucked me up, when combined with alcohol it was even better. (i always try new benzo's with water first, before i decide to mix them with alcohol, also i mix with caution like 1 beer, see how that goes and so on)
Anywas, 2 days ago, when i took lorazepam like for the second time in my life, it had absolutly no effect, i had to take 3 mg of lorazepam and nothing, later that day i was going to my favorite bar pour 5-6 beers down my throat along with 3 mg of xanax and what do you know, I fell on my fucking neck on my way home)
Anyways, untill i decide to quit both benzos and alcohol, at least for a week, i will never know if there will be any withdrawal symptoms or not.

On the other hand I don't know when to start this experiment of quitting both benzos and alcohol for a week :)))
because i still have some xanax left in my wallet :))) and i don't know what to mix it with to enhance the effect, i've just tried 1mg of xanax and a pill o zopiclone to see what happens...

Last edited:
Have you been using daily? If so for how long?

It seems like you have a low-medium tolerance to me so you either don't abuse or have been using every day for a while. I'd highly suggest a 2+ week break from both then use the xanax you have and you will get much more out of it.

I also believe that having a break from anything clarify's the mind and helps you make better decisions when you decide to use again (lower dose, not mixing with other drugs or possibly not even want to use again).

Stay safe and I'd also highly suggest not increasing your xanax dose above 5mg. Trust me high dosing benzos is not only expensive but the path to bad place.

I don't use it everyday, no, and usually when I get tollerance with a benzo, a just switch to another instead of increasing the dosage

And the fact that i fell so many times like a drunk fuck, is because i drink alot, and pop the pills at a faster rate and then they hit all at once, so it is because of my negligence.

Good sounds like your head is kind of in the right place. But take my advice and take a break for at least a week or 2 and you'll enjoy the ones you have left muuuuch more and it may also give you empowerment that you have control over this drug not it has control over you (trust me this is good with benzos).

i went to England for eight months i have'n touched a pill, because those dudes are wierd as hell. They'll com to you and grab you by your sleeve and ask "Dude do you want some kush, or do you want some coke some Ex ?" And i just say, no, but, do you have Diazepam? And they be like: What?? no man , i don't have that shit no man, no no no.
And I was like, calm down, i didn't ask you to bomb fucking ISIS.

When i came back home, pop my first xan after 8 months... nothing :(

the only benzos that still have some effect, some actual good effect are Diazepam and Bromazepam.

also, some suggestions to mix my xans with? for potentiation.

i went to England for eight months i have'n touched a pill, because those dudes are wierd as hell. They'll com to you and grab you by your sleeve and ask "Dude do you want some kush, or do you want some coke some Ex ?" And i just say, no, but, do you have Diazepam? And they be like: What?? no man , i don't have that shit no man, no no no.
And I was like, calm down, i didn't ask you to bomb fucking ISIS.

When i came back home, pop my first xan after 8 months... nothing :(

the only benzos that still have some effect, some actually good effect are Diazepam and Bromazepam.

also, some suggestions to mix my xans with? for potentiation.

Lol yeah you get that reponse from coke/pill dealers in London although they do say 'a lot of people ask for this shit' hmm... potential market idiots (I wont get in to that though.

Unfortunately I won't suggest anything to mix with benzos to 'enhance them'. The drugs that will enhance them are well beyond harm reduction but are harmful with a potential of serious outcomes.

Stick to the benzos alone. I know you already drink with them but I'd recommend stopping doing that as well. Remember this is a harm reduction forum not a how to get higher forum.

If you took a break and still got nothing from your benzo dose then you need a longer break. The thing with benzos is that I don't think you even get back down to your base tolerance. I took a year break and still had to take a higher dosage to get the same affect. Remember the first few times you got drunk? You know you'll never get that back again. Same with benzos. So accept it for what it is and don't get sucked in to higher dosing / mixing with other drugs, trust me.

EDIT: just re-read your post. You're getting good effects from diaz. I'm assuming you buy illegally so maybe you're getting bunk pills/lower dosage than you think. P.S this does not mean take more.

i don't buy them illegaly nor bunk pills. I woud like not to say where i get them from but the're 100% legal and pure.

PS: 2mg of xan plus two pills of zopiclone it started to do something but i don't really understand yet :)) kinda like, i don't know, i'll write back about this after 30 minutes

What dosage of zipiclone did you take? I know your base dosage of xanax is at 5mg however if you have no tolerance to ziplicone I'd like to know what dosage you took. Whilst combined these two drugs aren't a cocktail for disaster but a high dosage of either one without tolerance can be. please reply.

There certainly is cross tolerance among all the benzos. There probably is some incompleteness of this just as there is with opioids but generally speaking, equipotent doses should give similar effects.

Im not sure what you mean by alcohol masking benzo addiction. Can you elaborate?

Yep, I mean, you take benzos and alcohol, they act on the same receptors, whe you stop taking benzos but still drink alcohol, the same receptors keeps being stimulated by the alcohol, that's why i'm saying that when you drink alcohol you can't know for sure if you're addicted to benzo's or not.

What dosage of zipiclone did you take? I know your base dosage of xanax is at 5mg however if you have no tolerance to ziplicone I'd like to know what dosage you took. Whilst combined these two drugs aren't a cocktail for disaster but a high dosage of either one without tolerance can be. please reply.

2 pills of zopiclone so far, meaning 15mg

So far I took, Only Alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, Bromazepam(which i think it's great wehen you take about 4.5, to six mg)

Currently i have a big tollerance to alprazolam, i need to take like 5 mg just to give me the buzz that 0.5 once gave me long time ago..

Although, I have a question. When you get a specifically benzo tollerance, that does not apply to the other benzo's, right? I mean, essentially, They're all the same but slightly different. (that was question number one)

Also, i'm a heavy drinker, especially beer, and i've mixed like every benzo that i took, with alcohol (except Bromazepam, because it was for the first time). We all know that alcohol and benzodiazepines acts on the same GABA-A receptors the only difference is that benzodiazepines acts SELECTEVLY, when on the other hand, alcohol just only makes a pure mess of the same receptors.

Could Alcohol somehow mask the benzodiazepine Addiction?

Alcohol does NOT ACT ON GABA-A receptors. Only benzodiazepines and, apperantly thienodiazepines act upon the so called benzodiazepine receptor/GABA-A complex and relevant subreceptors.

The "Z Drugs"(non-benzodiazepine benzo receptor agonist) also activate GABA/A benzo sub-receptors.

Alcohol is complicated, effects many systems.

Though it is simply not interchangeable with benzodiazepines, and implying so could be dangerous.

And, on the subject, gabapentin does not activate gaba receptors either.

You didn't mention that, though thought would, just in case

Alcohol does NOT ACT ON GABA-A receptors. Only benzodiazepines and, apperantly thienodiazepines act upon the so called benzodiazepine receptor/GABA-A complex and relevant subreceptors.

The "Z Drugs"(non-benzodiazepine benzo receptor agonist) also activate GABA/A benzo sub-receptors.

Alcohol is complicated, effects many systems.

Though it is simply not interchangeable with benzodiazepines, and implying so could be dangerous.

And, on the subject, gabapentin does not activate gaba receptors either.

You didn't mention that, though thought would, just in case

Alcohol affects many systems, gaba aswell, google it.

^ I said it effects many systems. It does NOT, however, effect GABA-A receptors. Nothing can change that. It doesn't prevent benzodiazepine wd seizures and is simply not a substitute.

Z Drugs or even barbiturates(low dose, though am not suggesting that) would be preferable.

Ethanol does affect the GABA-a side of the GABA complex, just not at the BZD site. It has a more general an fairly poorly understood effect but has been shown to potentiate GABA regulated current. Though for practical use ethanol is not interchangeable with benzos or other pharma depressants.

There is some cross tolerance between benzos and alcohol though, correct? Im not saying you can subsitute alcohol to prevent seizures in benzo withdrawal as Lorne said, but heavy drinkers may have decreased anxiolytic effects from benzos due to the overlapping tolerance. I think thats more valid to the OPs statements.

update on the xanax and zopiclone, 2 mgs of xanax 15 mgs of zopiclone = disappointment, i mean, nothing.
now i've finished my xans so i can't take anymore, with some orange juice, vodca, and some strongbow.
So no more benzo's for me :)) cause i don't have any.
And with the alcohol i'll start tomorow and see what happens if I don't drink and\or take benzos for a whole week
If all will be good, shit, i might ass well quit everything, if depression and anxiety installs, i'm fucked.

Last edited: