• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine effects comparison

Apart from the first few times I tried nitrazepam and alprazolam, I never really got any recreational value from benzos. I can't really say I notice that much anxiolytic effect from benzos either, they mostly make me tired, dumb and uncoordinated and not in an enjoyable way. Diazepam was a bit of help when getting off opiates, but I gotta say pregabalin and ketamine were still way more helpful in that process.
The muscle relaxing effects I can get from for example clonazepam is nice though, but for some reason I can get rather irritable on that one so I generally avoid it. I'll sometimes use a benzo for sleep (preferrably nitrazepam, but I've had zopiclone scripts before that did the job fine too - of course not a benzo but it does more or less the same thing right?), but even though I do get sleep it doesn't really feel like quality sleep. Still feels better than the antihistamines, antipsychotics and god knows what else doctors script people for trouble sleeping anyway.
The one benzo I actually do feel a pronounced benefit from under "normal" circumstances is oxazepam, which is maybe a bit weird since that seems to be most peoples least favorite benzo. It makes me sociable and talkative in a non-pushy way, and I don't really get tired or feel any other negatives. One to take in the morning for starting the workday on a positive note.

For reference, the ones I've tried are:
Diazepam
Oxazepam
Lorazepam
Nitrazepam
Flunitrazepam
Clonazepam
Clonazolam
Etizolam
Also, Zopiclone which, again, is not a benzo but still similar stuff.