• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos benzo insufflation thread!

hi could u guys help out here.....i smoked up about 50mg worth of ice beginning 14 hours ago and ending about 11 hours ago. I wanted to take some benzos to soften the crash and I havent taken benzos in more than 3 mths. I only have alprazolam and midazolam with me.

I took 1.5mg of alprazolam 8 hours ago and after about 45 mins i felt a slightly relaxed and euphoric. The effect wore of pretty quickly though so I took a 7.5mg midozolam 6 hours ago. Didndt feel anything at all from the pill. I got to know thru this forum that snorting midazolam produces an instant euphoric high so i decided to try that 4hours ago. I crushed up the 7.5mg pill as fine as I could and divided up into several lines and promptly proceeded to insufflate the contents. Almost immediately I could feel a blisslike/euphoric effect but this effect didnt last very long.

Finally 2 hours ago 1 took another 7.5mg midazolam pill (orally), and again, I dont really feel anything significant from the xanax or the midazolam. It certainly did help to soften the crash from the crystal meth of course, but apart from that it didnt do anything much in terms of euphoria etc.

Should I probably just give it a rest today and stop taking any more benzos. And can anybody give me a possible reason why Im not reacting to the benzos even though I should not have a high tolerance after not having used any benzos for the last 2mths....

thx....

a drug doesn't have to be water soluble to work if snorted and benzos are very slightly water soluble like 5% of the drug will be in the water but with xanax in particular taking it orally or letting it dissolve under your tongue are the best ways to take it when takin orally it's 90 to 100% absorbed into your bloodstream and then your brain

So why does sublingual Xanax from a crushed up Xanax bar/football will work under your tongue, BUT it wont' work if snorted?

I dont understand though, if Xanax (Alprazolam) works sublingually (xanax from normal pill, not

the Nirviam stuff) under the tongue then why wouldn't it work when snorted in your nose?? I am

pretty sure the same receptors that absorb shit in ur nose are under your tongue also. So

whats the deal?? Does our saliva have something in it that breaks the alprazolam down and

able to absorb? anyone care to explain this to me??

Personally, I lean more towards the side of people that say snorting (most) benzo's are pointless to snort, but then those same people that say 'snorting xanax doesn't work' will go around and say stuff like "Xanax works best sublingually (under tongue) for a fast onset"

- HèRbå£ Jäh

Last edited:
Yeah. The benzos can dissolve in your saliva but won't do so well up your nose. If you wanted to snort them you would have to put them in solution first. Maybe glycerin. Snorting it won't be good for you though and again there is little to be gained over oral and nothing to be gained over sublingual.

Yea looks like I can honestly say that I have snorted and eaten most benzos including Xenax, clonazepam, and Temazepam. I have in fact gotten a quick buzz from insulfating these but the fact is most benzo's have a much lower bio availability using this method. you just think your getting more because the drug is getting to your head faster thus the rush but in fact you are lossing the effect of the drug in the long term. I have found that sub-lingual xanax to be VERY VERY effective and in fact this is true for many diff types of drugs, plus sub-lingual is probably better on your body because you are not shoving a bunch of filler crap up your nasal cavity.

Oh man and Xanax burns so bad when snorted if you want the fastest and most bio-available onset of xanax just take it sub-lingual (let it dissolve underneath your tongue)

I agree with what most above said go see a doctor. I went cold turkey off of only 2mg on alprazolam a day and It almost killed me I was going into seizures and had to be rushed to the ER where they gave me a intramuscular shot of ativan which immediately halted the withdrawal symtoms, they than gave me 5, 0.5mg tabs of alprazolam to take 1/2 a tablet a day for five days to taper off and it worked for me but was still quite rough that firs week but I made it through just fine (oh and by the way seeing and hearing things are symptoms of xanax withdrawal so keep that in mind to.) hope this hepls.....

mod note: please edit your first post instead of posting three times in a row. SWIMer drowned.

Last edited by a moderator:
such a waste + so much powder in your nose....my favorite ROA for kpins is sublingual...xanax is the 2nd worst tasting drug behind tramadol...and my diazepam doesn't dissolve quickly so i just pop those...

Lucky you can get high fron Valium, I need 50mgs+ to do this.

50mg isn't really a lot for some people....takes 100mg just to slow me down enough to get me into a dentist chair and I walk myself there and home again completely fine. I don't take benzos regularly and haven't had any sort of tolerance built up in years.

So ive looked for awhile where to post this, but has anyone attempted to dissolve any sort of water insoluble benzo in propylene glycol and then gone through the process of snorting? I really have tried to find information on this so bear with me. SWIM took propylene glycol, food grade, with 50/50 ratio and proceeded to dissolve 2.5mg of diazepam into it. After gently heating the mixture to evaporate the water, a gel like substance was left. SWIM wants to know if the solution was snorted would it be able to be absorbed through the mucus membrane? Now i anticipate getting responses about the BA of these drugs being, essentially, most effective when consumed orally. However, surely this is not the only factor in feeling the medication, 'getting high'? I have read that snorting bypasses the first run through the liver, so maybe this could be a benefit? I am mostly interested in technical answers or experience. thanks a lot! this is my first post so.. im not sure what to expect.

I've heard plenty of anecdotal reports saying intranasal xanax works, and works quickly as per the ROA, but not as powerfully as orally, which goes with the general consensus that the BA is smaller, but I've also heard plenty of anecdotal reports that snorting etizolam actually works just as well if not better than oral, anyone have a possible reason for this?

im sure this has been said , xandaddies have such a high bioabailibility it is pointless to do anything other than take oraly.
one can however take them sublingualy and shorten the onset time

Earlier tonight I did half a bar (Alprazolam) by snorting it. And I honestly felt it super fuckin quick and not 15 minutes later I was passed the fuck out because I laid down lol buuuut I had also IV'd some dope a little bit before. But it wasn't enough that it had me noddin out or anything, just got me unsick and a pretty decent buzz. Anyway just sayin if I had fought the sleep and not laid down and slept I'd been pretty fucked up. I woke up like 20 minutes later still pretty fucked but I'd say after 2 hours I was back to being somewhat normal. (I've only been high off benzos once before (kpins) and I barely remember what happened but I had just eaten those.)

Last edited:
^sure sniffing it will work ok if you have no benzo tolerance but mostly its a waste-the tiny percentage that is water soluble will get absorbed through you're mucous membranes and then whatever drips gets absorbed in your stomach as if it was taken orally, this is why taking it sublingually is always superior to snorting benzo's take it from me I have nine years of experience with benzodiazepines SL is the way to go, there are blood vessels under your tongue (as we've all learned from suboxone) and basically it works the same way as snorting it except you don't waste anything because what doesn't get absorbed sublingually (which is still the majority) ALL goes down to your stomach and is then absorbed there. Also if there was an easily accessible benzo for insufflation it would be clonazepam if anyones interested because it's more soluble then alprazolam, diazepam, and lorazepam (which in the US seem to be the most commonly prescribed benzos, I've never known anyone with a midazolam script except on these boards). I believe the solubility is .1mg/mL for Klonopin.

1) Midazolam (snorting even a 7.5mg Dormicum is highly noticeable & very different from oral use coming on as quick as cocaine & highly bioavailable)
2) Triazolam
3) Pyrazolam (pretty sure)

Lorazepam is often taken sublingual which makes me think it has some water solubility, though I cannot comment other than that sublingual does indeed come on quicker.

Everything else is a waste!

If you have the pure powder form of a benzo like phenazepam, it has been said to work, regardless of the water solubility, however there aren't any definitive answers and besides most benzos that you get in powder form work well enough oral that there is no reason really to attempt to snort them.

I created this thread so you all know how much water to use to dissolve benzodiazepines for injection. It's come to my attention people are still going to try shooting benzos, even those that aren't as feasible to inject in water only, so I want to help you all instead of leaving you all in the dark.

Hopefully these statistics should reflect water solubility at a pH of 7. If the pH fluctuates, the solubility may increase or decrease. You don't want to inject highly acidic or basic water, so I'm going to list statistics for pH of 7.

Alprazolam (Xanax) - 0.04 mg/mL
Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) - 2 mg/mL
Clonazepam (Klonopin) - < 0.1 mg/mL
Diazepam (Valium) - 0.05 mg/mL
Estazolam (ProSom) - 0.0015 mg/mL
Flurazepam (Dalmane) - 500 mg/mL
Loprazolam (Dormonoct) - 10mg/mL
Lorazepam (Ativan) - 0.08 mg/mL
Midazolam (Dormicum) - 0.024 mg/mL
Oxazepam (Serax) - 0.179 mg/mL
Temazepam (Restoril) - 0.164 mg/mL
Triazolam (Halcion) - 0.00453 mg/mL

Zolpidem (Ambien) - 23 mg/mL
Zopiclone (Imovane) - 0.151 mg/mL at 25°C **

As you can see, only flurazepam and midazolam are feasible for shooting in just water. Loprazolam is too, but I was unable to find information on it. If you can cite a source, please submit it so I can add it to this list. Any information on any other related drugs, or any other benzos of any kind are welcome as well.

For most other benzodiazepines, without having to use a vastly huge volume of water, you would want to use a safe, USP grade solvent, or you would want to avoid taking it IV.

There are many reasons not to inject benzodiazepines. For one, they seem to work better orally. Other than triazolam and midazolam, most benzodiazepines have at least 80% oral BA. Flurazepam is the one closest to 80%, and even then, I would personally prefer taking flurazepam orally over IV. Most benzodiazepines are going to last longer when taken orally. For the most part, they don't take too long to kick in either.

Furthermore, not filtering IV solutions with benzodiazepines with a micron filter may lead to complications, or at least be bad for your lungs and or other bodily organs. Please read the Case Studies thread for more about this.

** 25°C = 77°F
no triazolam is even less soluble than clonazepam, and so is lorazepam. Benzo's are often better taken sublingually though I notice which is weird, I guess whatever can be absorbed through the blood vessels does and the less just goes down the chute. man triazolam, that ride is such a blast.

The quote below is extremely interesting & I had to post it here. It describes the necessary chemistry for a benzo to be water soluble!

"Structure-activity relationship - The unique properties of triazolam are attributed to its chemical configuration.

The nitrogen atom prevents it from being water soluble. Midazolam has a carbon in this position and thus is water soluble and suitable for IV administration.

One chlorine atom is responsible for potency; without this chlorine it is one fifth as potent.

Larger alkyl substitutions also decrease potency.

The second chlorine is necessary for benzodiazepine action.

Bromo and nitro substitution are only weakly anxiolytic. The nitro version is anticonvulsant as illustrated by clonazepam.

The triazolo ring and attached methyl group are responsible for the rapid oxidation by the liver enzymes, resulting in a short elimination half life and conversion to metabolites that are rapidly excreted.

The methyl group also makes it more potent."

http://faculty.washington.edu/quarn/halc9.html

Last edited:
i have sniffed etizolam,flubromazolam,diazepam prety much everything with lam or pam and had no effect what so ever apart from a clogged snout lol just chew up under the tounge for a while n swallow it fastest and best way
ok mods, close this if you want, but if you do a search (try it) its really difficult to come up with difinitive answers to my question (some threads say one thing, other threads say other things):

which benzodiazepines are insufflatable?

swim has here w/ him:

alprazolam
diazapam
clonazepam
lorazepam

ive been told that NO benzos are water soluble, and therefore cant be sniffed, but ive also been told (by a reliable source whos never steered me wrong before) that kpins can be sniffed.

i tried sniffing kpins, and by golly it works. is that possible? (well obviously it is...but lots of people here deny it)

ive also read somewhere (i forget where) that MOST benzos cannot be insufflated, however, some can. my question, again, is which benzos can i sniff?

thanks (if you flame me, ill kill your family while you watch)

Aren't we not supposed to use SWIM? The only benzo I know you can't get high off snorting is Ambien. It doesn't work. You have to take it orally.

what? are you retarded? zolpidem is the one your most likely to get high off of if you sniff or shoot it, did you read that solubility chart. I used to shoot tons of ambient and get retarded.

edit/
and its not technically a benzo