• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Belief in god or not?

I don't know about us being closer in nature to God than cats. Cats are closely related to human beings. They're like a mini-universe of us (like all the higher animals).

They might not have our dexterity but I'm sure God has a lot more than dexterity.

You know that all this talk about cats and robots was illustratively metaphorical, right? ;)

ebola

meh all life is an ever, changing, illusion. Some questions regarding the human situation, such as what is the purpose of the universe and our place in it? Really have no merit. That's like the equivalent to asking what's the shape of red, these things are not within scope. If one asked what are the factors leading up to such an event, that would be somewhat plausible. I don't think humans are suppose to know everything, and in turn induce stress over such unknowns. Its the mystery of life that makes it all worth living. I love science, but even specific branches of science have religious like followings.

God is a misleading word as it takes on a million identities, so in that case, no I don't believe in god, especially mono-dictacting god. But If I were to hear that God is Consciousness flowing through all, I might be able to feasibly grasp such a view, though its all metaphorical.

Naturally I find myself quite the pessimist, or skeptic, which isn't terrible as it keeps me open and searching for more. I do believe that organized religion is a big factor in halting the progresson and evolution of the human race. These are ancient Ideas, with little relevance. In the beginning God was primiraly invented out of fear, fear of death, among many other superstitions, as well as a device to control large masses of people

On the other hand religion has achieved some great things, but every system needs to be replaced and religion is one long past due. Although I must say, I do find a few some buddhist readings somewhat insightful and shares some views with existentialism/nihilism.

Anyways, Whether the universe has existed for ever or was created at some point, both theories are mind boggling. On life after death? The notion of existing forever freighntened me, but so did dying and slipping into nothingness. I'm just stoked I am of this world and get to experience the immense beauty and love it possessess. So whatever the outcome, enjoy.

Last edited:
What kind of God would need a human being to defend them?

Without God we would all be all survival-drive. It's ultimately what makes us capable of love.

It's the difference between a dog and a snake. But it's also present to different degrees in human beings. Some children are bullies, some are harmless.

When people say "Love doesn't really matter, only self-preservation does" they mean they can live without God (not that it has anything to do with a conscious belief in God).

What kind of God would need a human being to defend them?

Who said God needs a human being to defend Him?
We're having a discussion.
Are you just being snide?

I believe that the universe was created, designed and constantly maintained by a spaceless, timeless, eternal God. We will never proove it's existence (we can't measure spaceless objects) neither understand his wills ( by doing so we will reach his level of 'intelligence' which is, so to speak, impossible ).
We, as humans are mostly product of evolution. We are probably not alone in the universe due to it's immense vastnesse of space.
One day, the last star in the universe will burn out. All black holes will degenerate due to Hawking radiations, and our universe will come to an end.

One day, the last star in the universe will burn out. All black holes will degenerate due to Hawking radiations, and our universe will come to an end.

This is called the "inbreath" of the Creator where everything gets assimilated into its source. We're now on the "outbreath". Then the Universe will be re-created on a higher level.

Actually, I'm not sure if we're on the outbreath still. Aren't we on the inbreath or being pulled closer to God? Although this takes a long eternity so it doesn't really matter. The main thing is that we're still out.

The "outbreath" and the "inbreath" both bring us closer to God, since God is the alpha and the omega and the beginning of our universe is the end of another... You're stretching the analogy if you try to arbitrarily pinpoint the moment in which the direction changes. It is illusory. (It is just a matter of perspective.)

I'm not sure...I haven't looked it up but I think we might be on our way back to the source as opposed to being propelled out from the source. But either way, when we're not breathed in, we're out.

Hey, this makes me think that we're God's oxygen. I know we can be described as a cell in God's organism but that also fits. Not oxygen to exist, but oxygen to evolve.

Last edited:
Okay, then.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The breath of God thing is an analogy.

IOne day, the last star in the universe will burn out. All black holes will degenerate due to Hawking radiations, and our universe will come to an end.
Yeah... but no. That scenario relies on the Standard Model of Cosmology hypotheses and there are serious issues with those.