• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Belief in god or not?

Neuropsycho25

Greenlighter
So how do you perceive the universe; was it created by a god, a big bang, or something else? Now that religion is on the decline, I am wondering how peoples views have changed. So tell me your story!

Be easy :)

Something else is my view. For mine, 'god did it' is just a way to avoid the questions. The Big Bang is problematic because it relies on Redshift being equal to velocity and there is physical evidence that is not the case.

General Systems Theory (or at least Paul LaViolette's explanation of it) suggests it is non-expanding and perhaps infinite - we only see the part of it where light has had time to reach us, or maybe where it hasn't reddened so far by travelling through gravity wells that we can't register it.

Not sure about that simply because there is also mounting evidence that it's a hologram universe anyway, which opens up a whole cosmos of new questions and ideas.

So I am Agnostic, but not in favour of either of the 2 you mention.

Story-wise? I started in a religion but Science took me away from that and eventually there came to be too much corruption of Science and I stopped just accepting the 'consensus' views and started looking for alternatives.

Found quite a few of them so far. :D

Last edited:
Well, in the US I believe religion has become way more polarized and actually the hyper-religious is on an increase, to the point that many Christians here welcome the end times and have started spreading their world views to places such as Uganda and these Christian views have helped make homosexuality illegal there. As far as if there is a God, I don't think there necessarily has to be a creator for all off this to exist. There have been many story told of how we came to be, but ultimately i think if there is a so called creator it is probably something very different than what we understand god.

Yes, i believe in God. creationism makes about as much sense as the big bang.

i was a satanist, philosophical satanist, atheist, buddhist light, pagan in search of a pantheon, energiest, and now....

Yes, i believe in God. creationism makes about as much sense as the big bang.

i was a satanist, philosophical satanist, atheist, buddhist light, pagan in search of a pantheon, energiest, and now....
YOU"RE a Vincubus - you suck wine! :D

:D sorry... couldn't help myself...

Belief might create certainty, but it doesn't create facts. Facts are things independent of what people might think is true and can be demonstrated in spite of belief.

Belief can also conceal facts - in some cases people literally cannot see a fact because it conflicts with their belief.

J-man, if you examine your last par and your first, you will see dissonance. your last par underscores my point

I'm not sure how. Data sets are not facts, the relationship between them and reality demonstrates the facts. The ability of a belief to conceal reality from the believer is quite common, but I don't see how that creates a 'fact'...

I'm not sure how. Data sets are not facts, the relationship between them and reality demonstrates the facts. The ability of a belief to conceal reality from the believer is quite common, but I don't see how that creates a 'fact'...

i do much of my posting with one finger from my android pad. will try to get on lap top later and respond adequately

Personally I believe in the possibility of a higher power, but I think if there is a god he/she/it is not going to be anything like the man-made version.

As far as views go.. i see everything as intrinsically intertwined; the notion of separation exists only as perception..

For some reason i feel like the self beyond my individual self, the infinite conciousness that streamlines throughout everything created this as a means of experiencing itself. Perhaps as a result of reaching a point of conciousness singularity, thus restarting the cycle. The problem with ALL of this thinking is it's thinking based within the dimension of time.. therefore to comprehend a possibility beyond the dimension of time is difficult to conceptualize.

I'm just having fun speculating here.. my opinions are heavily influenced by DMT, meditation and Neitzsche/Kierkegaard. I have no idea.. :D

Personally I believe in the possibility of a higher power, but I think if there is a god he/she/it is not going to be anything like the man-made version.

i submit that God exists and is perfect and infinite. the struggle man enjoys, is-using an imperfect, finite mind/experience set-to understand/articulate God

^The existence of God is a personal thought, there is also those who argue that the creation of the universe can be explained scientifically

i submit that God exists and is perfect and infinite. the struggle man enjoys, is-using an imperfect, finite mind/experience set-to understand/articulate God

Imagine to be able to see and experience everything in all directions from all possible prespectives at the same time.
You would be able to see me typing this
and you reading this at the same time.
As well as anyone one else reading this or not reading this.
Now imagine being able to see/experience an infinte number of possible dimensions at any infinite amount of possible time in any infinite possible direction.
Your finite mind explodes as soon as you begin to begin.
Hard putting God in a 3 dimensional box.....
but that doesnt stop us from trying:)

Last edited: