• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginner's Dosage Guide

Thank you for your politeness, and thank you for that link, most interesting, I had always thought that morphine was the major active metabolite of codeine.

i think 15mg of hydro should be good as opposed to 12
and oxy should go to 10mg with no tolerance

when i first took them i was on 10 for a few months

I have never done oxymorphone, but know that the nasal BA is a lot higher than the oral BA, so I think they should have different starting doses on your guide.

For me at least, when i had no opiate tolerance at all and was just fucking around....

10mg of oxy snorted all at once would get me quite high, about the same as 25mg after keeping a daily habit for a few months.

~33mg of morphine sulphate (1/3 of a 100mg pill) parachuted would get me pretty damn high, about the same as snorting a 10-15 line of OC. after doing this every night for 1-2 weeks, I started doing 50mg at a time instead which would fuck me right up, not to the point of getting sick but I would be wasted. one time my friend who had zero tolerance and weighs 30lbs more than me parachuted 50mg at once and puked, etc. So I'd say ~33mg is a perfect starting dose.

parachuting one 100mg codeine contin pill would have me pretty fucked up. a little less than the ~33mg of morphine would.

snorting between 4 and 8mg of dilaudid would have me nicely stoned, and still would at the peak of my tolerance. this is a weird one, because as my oxy tolerance shot up from getting high all day on 30mg to needing ~80-100, doing half a dilaudid 8 would still get me pretty high. I don't know how this works, but one time I gave a buddy with no tolerance a 4mg line and he barely felt it, whereas I was on 80mg/oxy a day and my 6mg line got me shit housed.

as for heroin, there is no way of knowing before you try it, I've gotten stuff where a tiny line got me lifted and stuff where a big line barely did anything. start small, work up.

I'm a pretty skinny dude, 6'1" and 140lbs. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I'd like to add that 10-12mg of hydrocodone is in no way equal to 10-15mg of oxycodone, yeah right. orally I'd say oxy is about twice as potent by weight.

I still say that 10-15mg of MSContin (oral) is NOT going to get anyone fucked up. 30mg is a good dose for a newbie.

^this.

Also, like I said, and I wanna emphasize this, 1-2mg of hydromorphone orally will literally do nothing for an intolerant person. I could barely use 2mg snorted as maintenance on a small habit. 4mg nasally is the minimum a new user would need to feel it. 8mg would probably nicely fuck them up.

^ Totally right.

1-2mg Hydromorphone oral? No way will that effect somebody. I'd have to suggest 4-8mg (oral) for someone without tolerance..

Right no problem, it seems to be the consensus that the hydromorphone dose needs to be changed. I shall make it so. I am a little biased in my dosages as a medical 'professional' my doses are more analgesic than recreational, however, I've tried to compensate for that.

Thanks for the input, it's all appreciated. Obviously it's all very subjective, but may I remind that I erred on the side of caution. A dose that was low for you may kill another.

Last edited:
The only other dosage I have a problem with (other than the Morphine which should be changed) is the Oxymorphone. I mean, 1-2mg oral? You do realize that it is twice as potent as oxycodone (according to EVERY opiate conversion table) so 1-2mg would be equal to 2-4mg oxycodone. Nobody will get high from those doses. If your going to list a dose of 10mg oxycodone for someone without a tolerance you will need to list 5mg of oxymorphone. That is the lowest dosage that Oxymorphone is available in as well. I find that more accurate. The rest looks fine.

Thanks pal :) Yeah me too. I'll try and add stuff too it as my knowledge base increases. I plan to add things like sufentanil and alfentanil, but I figured that very very few people will have access to these in a recreational capacity.

I think it might be prudent to put them in order of weakest to strongest based on starting dosage by mass. I also noticed that dihydrocodeine has the same starting dosage for Oral and Rectal. You did mention that it is active on its own (though some of its metabolites are stronger), either way plugging it for me results in an experience almost twice as strong as eating it.

Finally other opioids that a lot of people have access to are Poppy Pods and Kratom. You might want to throw in at least a mention of them although including them in the list will be difficult due to the varied dosage methods and ridiculous variations in strength.

edit: another thing I just thought of is making a link to the erowid site for each substance. Much more concise info then the boards here at bluelight for specific drugs.

I'll add levorphanol. Also, the only mixed agonist/antagonist on the list at the moment is buprenorphine. I intend to add nalbuphine, levorphanol and butorphanol soon.

I've adjusted the oxy dosage as well for those who wanted it lowered.

Last edited:
I'll add levorphanol. The only mixed agonist/antagonist on the list at the moment is buprenorphine. I intend to add nalbuphine, levorphanol and butorphanol soon.

I've adjusted the oxy dosage as well for those who wanted it lowered.

Levorphanol is a pure opioid agonist unlike butorphanol and nalbuphine.

I was just going to tell you that the oxy should be lowered also. Guess your on top of that.

Yeah I am aware of that, sorry if my wording suggested otherwise. I have never come across levorphanol in my clinical capacity, it doesn't appear to be commonly prescribed here in her majesty's UK.