• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginner's Dosage Guide

hell yeah

I didn't really read this well enough to comment on accuracy, but I was rappin' about this site, and its concept to my buddy and we were just kinda browsing, and this was the first thread he saw. fucking rad

E X P E R i M E N T, it's good for you. sike, but dO it anyway!

^thanks I tried to make this so it would be a easy, quick, and reliable reference to fellow drug users

Lost/Confused- this is for anyone new to any drug, fentanyl and heroin are drugs that people will try, and I think that people are going to use them regardless of how dangerous and potent they are. I am giving them information they can hopefully use to prevent causing harm to themselves, you know instead of just munching on a whole 1600mcg Actiq pop or something like that.

Too True : )
2.1 Fent sub-lingual was enough for me! and it sure screwed my tolerance real quick but it did the job on all levels and for a few months too!! ^_^
LP&H
edtree

Hi everyone I'm new to the board I have oxycodone 15mgs but never had them before I was wondering if I should only take half of it I'm only 103 pounds the highest dosage I ever had was a percocet 10mgs ...

Hi everyone I'm new to the board I have oxycodone 15mgs but never had them before I was wondering if I should only take half of it I'm only 103 pounds the highest dosage I ever had was a percocet 10mgs ...

Percocet is oxycodone (with acetaminophen). 10mg percocet - depends on which type as to how much oxy is in it.

A general recreational dose of oxy is ~10mg.

why not snort methylone? i did and got a full and enjoyable high off it

to much

As I understand it most tabs of LSD have 80-85 micrograms of acid. 100 is threshold, so two hits would be the perfect amount. I took 3 hits my first time (was my first ever psychedelic experience as well) and tripped very hard but enjoyed it immensely.

Also IMO the amount of shrooms you should take for your first time is an 1/8 of an ounce because 1/16 you prolly wont actually trip, and if you do it wont be a full blown experience. from there you can work your way up to quarters, and if you really enjoy it half o's.

And a beginner dose for ketamine is 100mg. If you want to experience a "K-Hole" 1mg per pound of body weight should work. (snorted)

First time I did acid I weighed 180+ also one hit I thought I was superman almost tried to fly off my roof also drove bicycle down steep hill through busy traffic thinking it was a hover bike and could not be hit by cars. 2 hits and I would be dead right now.

<<< Opioid Dosage Guide for Beginners >>>

It seems that people are always asking what doses to start at or "what dose should I take" and "how should I take it", so I've compiled a list of opioids that you are likely to find in your possession and the ideal starting dose and method of administration.

If anyone disagrees please post and I'll update information accordingly. This is for educational use only and I don't advise anybody consuming opioids in any amount at all. They are highly addictive and powerful substances and because everybody responds differently to them it is very hard to gage an appropriate starting dose. Nevertheless, here we go.

Codeine (Tylenol with codeine, co-codamol, codeine phosphate hemihydrate)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 60 - 120mg should be sufficient to safely sample the euphoric effects of this drug.
The only viable method of consumption is oral, as codeine requires hepatic metabolisation to become significantly active. (In the liver it is converted to morphine via the CYP2D6 enzyme).

Morphine (MS Contin, MST Continus, Morphgesic SR, MXL, Zomorph, MST, MXL, Sevredol, Oramorph)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 5 - 30mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (20-30mg), intravenous (2-10mg), intramuscular (10-15mg), intrarectal (plugged) (5-20mg).
Insufflation is (arguably) a poor method for administration as is provides a very low bioavailability. It should be noted that so does the oral route, but I have included it nevertheless.

Oxycodone (OxyContin, OxyFast, OxyNorm, Percocet)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 15 - 20mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (10-15mg), intravenous (5-10mg), intrarectal (plugged) (5-10mg), insufflated (snorted) (5-10mg).

Hydrocodone (Vicodin, HydroTussin)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 10 - 15mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (10-20mg), intrarectal (plugged) (5-10mg), insufflated (snorted) (5-10mg). It should be noted that hydrocodone is most usually combined with acetaminophen/paracetamol and consequently an extraction method should be used to separate the hydrocodone from its counterpart, otherwise fatal overdoses of APAP could be consumed.

Dihydrocodeine (DF 118, DHC Continus, Paramol)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, ~60mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (~60-80mg), intrarectal (plugged) (~60-80mg). It should be noted that dihydrocodeine is sometimes combined with acetaminophen/paracetamol and consequently an extraction method should be used to separate the dihydrocodeine from its counterpart, otherwise fatal overdoses of APAP could be consumed. Effects between ORAL and INTRARECTAL are going to be slightly different for this drug, as hepatic metabolism converts the some of the DHC into dihydromorphine which is a potent opioid, however, it should be noted that DHC is active without metabolisation. It is NOT safe for intravenous injection. Intramuscular may be safe but I cannot specify.

Hydromorphone (Palladone, Dilaudid)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 4 - 8mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (4 - 8mg), intrarectal (plugged) (4 - 8mg), insufflated (snorted) (2 - 4mg), intravenous (1-2mg).

Oxymorphone (Opana, Numorphan, Numorphone)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 5mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (5mg), intrarectal (plugged) (5mg), insufflated (snorted) (5mg), intravenous (1-2mg).

Buprenorphine (Subutex, Suboxone (with naloxone), Temgesic)
This is a mixed agonist/antagonist and WILL precipitate withdrawals in an individual currently dependent on full agonist opioids. It should only be used for recreational if the user is NOT on opioids or has not been for at least 24 hours.
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 0.5 - 1mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are sublingual (0.5 - 1mg) orinsufflated (snorted) (0.5- 1mg), intrarectal (plugged) (0.5 - 1mg).

Methadone (Methadose)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, ~5 mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (~5mg), intravenous (not recommended) (~5mg). This is a drug typically used in opioid maintenance programs to aid people in weaning off opioids. It is a VERY potent opioid and it has a very long duration of action. Consequently it is associated with many accidental deaths and overdose. DO NOT REDOSE for 24 hours.

Diamorphine (Heroin)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 5 - 10 mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral (poor bioavailability ~20mg), intravenous (5 - 10mg), insufflated (snorted) (5 - 15mg). It should be considered that unless you are using pure medical diamorphine tabs/ampoules, it is almost certainly impure and cut with something. Remember that all heroin is of different purities.

Fentanyl (Actiq, Durogesic, Duragesic, Fentora, Onsolis, Instanyl)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 0.1mg / 100 mcg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are sublingual/buccal 100 - 200 mcg).
Highly POTENT opioid. Please note MCG = micrograms not milligrams

Pethidine/Meperidine (Demerol)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 50mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral 50-100mg), intramuscular 25-50mg).

Dextropropoxyphene (Distalgesic, Co-proxamol)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 120-160mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral 120mg - 160mg).
Toxic in high doses. Banned in UK due to high level of deaths.

Tramadol (Ultram, Zydol)
For an individual with no opioid tolerance, 100mg should be sufficient to safely experience the pleasant effects of this drug.
The viable methods of consumption are oral 100mg). Tramadol requires the oral route as it is metabolised into o-desmethyltramadol, a potent mu-agonist. Some people dispute tramadol as an opioid, but they are mistaken. Tramadol IS an opioid, it is proven, as it has mu-opioid activity alongside SSRI and dopamine reuptake inhibition qualities. It should also be noted that Tramadol causes seizures in SOME people at high doses. Tramadol's max 24 hour dosage is therefore 400mg.

If anyone disagrees with my doses or advice, please let me know and I'll adjust accordingly if I think you're right :)

Please remember, as with all drugs, always err on the side of caution. It's safer to take less and slowly work up than overdose and die right there.

Last edited:
Your not going to experience anything from 10-15mg of Morphine orally. Somebody with no tolerance would be better off with a dose of 30mg. Terrible bioavailability.

codeine can be taken rectally and you may want to mention to not redose within 5-6 hours or it will have greatly reduced effects.

you also may want to mention the 400mg cap on tram as it can increase the risk for seizures after I believe.

Your not going to experience anything from 10-15mg of Morphine orally. Somebody with no tolerance would be better off with a dose of 30mg. Terrible bioavailability.

This is true for some, but I know people who can get nodding off 10mg orally, so I have to err on the side of caution.

codeine can be taken rectally and you may want to mention to not redose within 5-6 hours or it will have greatly reduced effects.

you also may want to mention the 400mg cap on tram as it can increase the risk for seizures after I believe.

Great points there, thank you. However, codeine rectally is nowhere near as effective as orally. It delays and reduces the metabolism into morphine.

Last edited:
I believe it is your shot good sir?
Rectal versus oral absorption of codeine phosphate in man
Frits Moolenaar *, Germ Grasmeijer, Jan Visser, Dirk K. F. Meijer
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

*Correspondence to Frits Moolenaar, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

Keywords
Codeine • Rectal bioavailability • Micro-enemas • Suppositories

Abstract
Rectal absorption of codeine phosphate from various dosage forms was studied in man. The rectal dosage forms included aqueous solutions and fatty suppositories. A comparison was made with an orally administered solution. The plasma concentrations of codeine were measured by means of HPLC analysis after a single dose of 60 mg codeine phosphate in a cross-over study in 7 volunteers. Compared with oral dosing rectal absorption from an aqueous solution or a fatty suppository produced an almost identical plasma concentration profile with similar interindividual variations. Comparing the absorption rate characteristics it appeared that rectal absorption from an alkaline solution containing codeine phosphate proceeded significantly (P < 0·05) more rapid than after oral dosing. No essential difference in bioavailability was observed between the various rectal and oral dosage forms.
Received: 26 July 1982; Revised: 15 October 1982

edit: read on good readers to see how this study is somewhat irrelevant.

Last edited:
Now now amapola, I never questioned the rectal bioavailability or peak plasma concentration of codeine. I questioned the resultant metabolism and conversion into morphine. Of course codeine is absorbed as well if not better rectally, but it slows down and reduces the amount that is converted into morphine via CYP2D6.

However, if you truly believe I am wrong I'm happy to add rectal to a viable ROA to the list, but I wouldn't recommend it myself.

Perhaps morphine is not the active metabolite in codeine?
http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/reprint/44/6/515

Either way you are correct in that I thought my previous post's study also took into account the pain relief as rated by the subjects but on closer analysis the abstract only mentions plasma levels and I admit I have not seen the full paper. So touche.

Still once in the bloodstream it will all get converted to whatever makes it tick eventually whether it skips primary functions or not so I don't think it reduces anything and as for delaying, it is probably still faster then going through the stomach.

edit:
Regarding your post below...I didn't want to make another as it is pretty off topic :D
Ummm morphine still could be the active metabolite, though perhaps I will try and find something better than 2002 that says otherwise, and the only reason I am so polite is I am floating on a cloud.

Last edited:
Thank you for your politeness, and thank you for that link, most interesting, I had always thought that morphine was the major active metabolite of codeine.