• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BDD Social and Info Booth Vs 28 - my dealer told me that this was the last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on a thread in the homeless section but I don't know if it will get any responses, so I hope you don't mind if I ask this here as well (don't know where to post :( )
Where can I ask about codeine usage? (Specifically about using every day/every other day) There doesn't seem to a thread on codeine and the OD social just got deleted, but I don't think my questions are worth a whole new thread.
Thank you!

What question do you have in mind? I can tell you already that every other day = every day. There is no every other day with opiates. It's once/twice a week (or less) or all the time, every 3:rd /4:th day etc will all end up on every day either way sooner or later because your body will become dependant on it. It might take a while, but soon you'll find the days in between a little longer, opiate addiction doesn't happen over one day. It's very deceptive and can feel like just having a cold, being depressed untill you suddenly realize all these feelings are gone an hour after taking the pills. At which point, you're screwed.

What question do you have in mind? I can tell you already that every other day = every day. There is no every other day with opiates. It's once/twice a week (or less) or all the time, every 3:rd /4:th day etc will all end up on every day either way sooner or later because your body will become dependant on it. It might take a while, but soon you'll find the days in between a little longer, opiate addiction doesn't happen over one day. It's very deceptive and can feel like just having a cold, being depressed untill you suddenly realize all these feelings are gone an hour after taking the pills. At which point, you're screwed.

Some background: I took codeine (~200mg from CWE) for the first time two days ago (no previous experience with any kind of opioid/opiate). I really enjoyed it and found that I could function as normal but with added "good" & "nice" feelings. So I tried it again today (same amount), also very nice.

I know opiates are very addictive, that once you get addicted you will go through wd's and your tolerance will build up.
I am wondering

1. roughly how long could I get away with using it frequently before my tolerance builds up so much that I don't feel anything anymore?

2. would it be realistic to assume that I could uphold this habit until I get to that point and then quit, enduring the wd's until they are over? I assume they are far easier to handle than wd's to stronger opiates. The reason why I think this could work for me is that I have absolutely no connections to any non-OTC opioids and am the only person I know who has tried even codeine. I know a few people working in medical professions who would be able to get them for me but there is absolutely NO way that they would. So I am pretty confident that it wouldn't be possible for me to move up and when codeine doesn't do it anymore, I would just have to stop.

Basically, I am so far leaning towards having a very nice few weeks/months (? -see first question) and then a shitty week or two. I am wondering if it is worth it.
Am I making sense?
Thank you for helping!

Crysis 3 MP beta is pretty awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it last night while enjoying some hydrocodone.

Won't be on BL much today, got places to be.

Some background: I took codeine (~200mg from CWE) for the first time two days ago (no previous experience with any kind of opioid/opiate). I really enjoyed it and found that I could function as normal but with added "good" & "nice" feelings. So I tried it again today (same amount), also very nice.

I know opiates are very addictive, that once you get addicted you will go through wd's and your tolerance will build up.
I am wondering

1. roughly how long could I get away with using it frequently before my tolerance builds up so much that I don't feel anything anymore?

2. would it be realistic to assume that I could uphold this habit until I get to that point and then quit, enduring the wd's until they are over? I assume they are far easier to handle than wd's to stronger opiates. The reason why I think this could work for me is that I have absolutely no connections to any non-OTC opioids and am the only person I know who has tried even codeine. I know a few people working in medical professions who would be able to get them for me but there is absolutely NO way that they would. So I am pretty confident that it wouldn't be possible for me to move up and when codeine doesn't do it anymore, I would just have to stop.

Basically, I am so far leaning towards having a very nice few weeks/months (? -see first question) and then a shitty week or two. I am wondering if it is worth it.
Am I making sense?
Thank you for helping!

Trust me this is not worth it at all. If you want to have fun, you will have alot more of that if you just use occasional, stick to using on weekends only, or at least 2 days in a row max then 1 week break. This should keep it worth doing for quite some time without tolerance killing all the fun. I don't really know how bad codeine withdrawal would be for you, but for me who has been addicted to opiates before, the whole idea makes me cringe. Using for a month in a row (or whatever it takes to get addicted for a beginner, I don't remember, it may possibly take longer) will result in you getting much less out of your opiate and on top of that you get all the negative aspects of using at the same time. One month (if it will even last that long before tolerance kills the fun) on a pretty weak opiate that will probably lose alot of it's charm quite fast, and then to endure withdrawal after that, is just not worth it. Keep in mind also tolerance can be a bitch to deal with once it sets in, even if you would prolong dependance by taking weeks off, having to endure weeks of semi-withdrawal while thinking of opiates all the time (trust me you will) is just as bad as going through withdrawls themselves. I advise you to reconsider this. Codeine has a ceiling dosage also, I suspect incoming posts in the next month about what the next stronger opiate will be if you go decide to go through with this.

Edit: You can always find sources etc, it's really not something that stands in your way and is of benefit. I only had access to codeine/tramadol at first, that did not stop me from seeking out buprenorphine and after that heroin/morphine when all the fun effects from the latter had started to fade. These days, anyone can get drugs anywhere with a bit of patience and a computer. I will not say how though, but it's easy to find out. It's easy to tell yourself you won't do this, but once addiction sets in, it can make it feel like it doesn't really matter anymore. For me it did, already addicted to opiates moving up the food chain was not a hard decision. What difference did it make, I was still going to stop, just one more hit™

I did stop eventually, but it took 7 years longer than expected.

Last edited:
morning fellow BDD people! lovely sunday morning so far at just after 0600, though i woke an hour ago.

i fixed myself a shot of morphine (200mg) and a couple valium (15mg) before cooking eggs on toast for breakfast along with a coffee i'm enjoying now with a cancer stick. now i'm ready to take on the day!

there was just a shower of rain that came over but was finished before it even had a chance to start really. it's still overcast and dark out there (the sun is usually shining through by now) but the predicted weather for the day is hot and sunny. a nice jump under a blanket in bed or on the couch day would be great today but it's looking unlikely - i can deal with a sunny day after all this rain to allow all the fallen water to properly absorb into the ground, giving us a chance to tidy the yard up a little more.

superbowl sunday is coming up too and even though i'm not american i like watching some NFL so am looking forward for when the game starts! a good reason to grab a few beers or whiskey as well to dink down while the game is on! any others looking forward to the game and who you supporting? the ravens or 49ers? imma have to go with the raven's seeing as though i'm an east coast aussie.

and how is everyone doing eh? fine i hope! cause i sure as shit am =D

Sunday for you already? I want it to be Saturday already so I can talk with my psych

morning, laccy!

your psych is open on a saturday? that's rather unusual, isn't it? they're a monday to friday operating business here downunder.

imma go jump in the shower then powder my nose. we all know how awesome a shower is while you're doped up:D

brb folks, don't go anywhere nor do anything i wouldn't do!

I could use some opiates, coming down from the speed. But no more, I'm tired of going back and fourth through withdrawal, either I start using full time again or I just don't do it all. It's not worth having to feel like shit one week and then feeling good the other + the constant cravings. I'm sick of it, therefore have buried the pills deep and far away for the moment. They will stay there untill I once again feel the urge to relieve myself from whatever.

hey guys, sunday already? still friday here. I also find it odd with psych meeting on a saturday, always weekdays only for all medical stuff except emergencies here.

my fingers hurt, I feel like I've wrote a book the last 24 hours, if I would be doing amphetamine daily I would definitely need a new phone that is not 10 years old like mine. It just doesn't keep up with my typing lol. Actually I was going to have to buy a new one because the battery died, but the same day I found the exact same battery, fully charged, dropped by someone in the city. What are the odds of that for a 10 year old phone huh?

Last edited:
Trust me this is not worth it at all. If you want to have fun, you will have alot more of that if you just use occasional, stick to using on weekends only, or at least 2 days in a row max then 1 week break. This should keep it worth doing for quite some time without tolerance killing all the fun. I don't really know how bad codeine withdrawal would be for you, but for me who has been addicted to opiates before, the whole idea makes me cringe. Using for a month in a row (or whatever it takes to get addicted for a beginner, I don't remember, it may possibly take longer) will result in you getting much less out of your opiate and on top of that you get all the negative aspects of using at the same time. One month (if it will even last that long before tolerance kills the fun) on a pretty weak opiate that will probably lose alot of it's charm quite fast, and then to endure withdrawal after that, is just not worth it. Keep in mind also tolerance can be a bitch to deal with once it sets in, even if you would prolong dependance by taking weeks off, having to endure weeks of semi-withdrawal while thinking of opiates all the time (trust me you will) is just as bad as going through withdrawls themselves. I advise you to reconsider this. Codeine has a ceiling dosage also, I suspect incoming posts in the next month about what the next stronger opiate will be if you go decide to go through with this.

Edit: You can always find sources etc, it's really not something that stands in your way and is of benefit. I only had access to codeine/tramadol at first, that did not stop me from seeking out buprenorphine and after that heroin/morphine when all the fun effects from the latter had started to fade. These days, anyone can get drugs anywhere with a bit of patience and a computer. I will not say how though, but it's easy to find out. It's easy to tell yourself you won't do this, but once addiction sets in, it can make it feel like it doesn't really matter anymore. For me it did, already addicted to opiates moving up the food chain was not a hard decision. What difference did it make, I was still going to stop, just one more hit™

I did stop eventually, but it took 7 years longer than expected.

Thank you, I appreciate your help a lot. I have thought about it a bit more and decided to take a four day break and keep to using twice a week - is that reasonable? Or do you think that would still be too much. What I like about it is that unlike other drugs like stimulants or psychedelics, I can use it during the week and do not have to confine it to the weekends. So I think having Wednesday and Friday as my "codeine-days" would be really nice :)

You are probably right about the addiction problems, it's good to make myself aware of that again as I was kind of ignoring them to justify my wishes. It's always good to keep long term effects in mind. I'm glad that you managed to kick your habit, how long ago was that?

:) Please do always tell me if what I am considering to do is stupid/harmful. I will listen.

Thank you, I appreciate your help a lot. I have thought about it a bit more and decided to take a four day break and keep to using twice a week - is that reasonable? Or do you think that would still be too much. What I like about it is that unlike other drugs like stimulants or psychedelics, I can use it during the week and do not have to confine it to the weekends. So I think having Wednesday and Friday as my "codeine-days" would be really nice :)

You are probably right about the addiction problems, it's good to make myself aware of that again as I was kind of ignoring them to justify my wishes. It's always good to keep long term effects in mind. I'm glad that you managed to kick your habit, how long ago was that?

:) Please do always tell me if what I am considering to do is stupid/harmful. I will listen.

Do not take my advice for granted, I do not know if you will become dependant using only 2 days a week, half life of the drug indicates to me you should not. However, it's either one day a week or two days in a row, don't space out the dosages between days because if you take it monday / wednesday you might aswell have taken it tuesday too. The key is to let the body get rid of the drug during the days off.

Do not take my advice for granted, I do not know if you will become dependant using only 2 days a week, half life of the drug indicates to me you should not. However, it's either one day a week or two days in a row, don't space out the dosages between days because if you take it monday / wednesday you might aswell have taken it tuesday too. The key is to let the body get rid of the drug during the days off.

Hm, would Monday/Friday or Tuesday/Friday work? Or would it have to be two days in a row or once a week?

gat damn that shower was perfect. i feel fresh as a daisy. such an awesome way to start a sunday! now to smoke a little bit of weed shortly :D

morning, laccy!

your psych is open on a saturday? that's rather unusual, isn't it? they're a monday to friday operating business here downunder.

imma go jump in the shower then powder my nose. we all know how awesome a shower is while you're doped up:D

brb folks, don't go anywhere nor do anything i wouldn't do!

Yup my psych does Saturday, but closes early on Saturdays . I am staying positive about passing my drug test and starting to hydrate myself as we speak.

Oooh powdering your nose eh? Hahahah
I blew down like less than .5mg bupre and I am feekin pretty Gucci! All warm and fuzzy like a full agonist.

Want to have an aim session tonight again? Reserve your spots people, it will be epic

It did not work for me with tramadol at least. It lasted a month and then I started getting depressed between days. Then "oh I must have got a cold or something from being outside in -17c degrees" well one more day is fine. However this cold kept coming back on the days I did not take tramadol, took a while to understand at first, but when the anxiety set in it was obvious. I guess I really didn't want to believe I could get addicted to some weak opiate using only 2 days a week. Felt riddiculous to have to suffer through a month of agony because of that. Definitely not worth it.

Now tramadol has a longer half life than codeine, so it's worse, I can honestly not tell you if it will work or not, but maybe someone else here has something to add. After all, I usually end up getting addicted and continue using for longer periods of time very fast. Never really was a chipper, either off or addicted. I'd still use 2 days in a row if I had to use 2 days, just to try and avoid withdrawal by any means. If there is one thing I have had enough of to last me a lifetime, it's goddamn withdrawals from everything under the sun.

oh yeah, that's right, you got dat UA.

haha, not powdering my nose in that sense. was being an idiot, meaning just showering and freshening up; cleaned my ears, trimmed nose hairs and stray hairs around my beard, tidying it up at the same time. that kinda "powdering up" haha. i even shampoo and conditioned my hair! ohhh lala :p

yeah, i'll be up for chizzat today. how long off is "tonight"? time zone difference and all especially with me being so far into the future. you'd think i'd know when it were to take place, right? well wrong! i'm not a fuckin mind reader ;) it's so early in the morning here so obviously it's not going to be "tonight" for me. but i know you know this yanno?

these couple of cones i just had were pretty gucci, not to rub it in or anything,mayne cause i wish you the best of luck with the piss test. really hope you pass it dude! so all my fingers and toes are crossed and my dick tied in a knot.

Hahaha you fucker "yah these cones were good, I'm trying to rub it in"
Tonight as in an hour , be there or be square

Doing tramadol or any other opiate for 2 days a week will never work in the long term. At some point you will be taking it everyday or have stopped completely due to feeling way to bad on the days off for the days on to be worth it. When that point comes is however impossible to predict. It will be a game of diminishing returns so the days on will feel less and less rewarding (if not escalating dose) and the days off will become more and more agonizing. This point will be further in the future if you take 2 days in a row per week than if you took the days spaced apart. Taking a recreational dose of an opiate only one day a week would work considerably longer, but even that won't work long term. Many people have tried this "scheme" and none as far as I have heard has succeeded in the long term. You can look up reports from them on the web if you want to.

This is absolutely no method to be able to enjoy your opiates long term. The side effects will at some point make it not worth it anymore. I would recommend taking 5 days + a few days titrating down or so every 6 months instead. That way you will be able to enjoy your opiates in the long term with minimal downsides and no withdrawal.

ha, i fell back asleep and am now back up and operating. guess i'll come check the BDD after-hours club and see if it's as ballin' as it's opening night (day in my case).

Status
Not open for further replies.