Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Battlestar Galactica

Wait, and what is with the cylon base ship and cylons being killed permanently? Was the cylon hostage saying that if a cylon is killed, their concious wont be redownloaded into a new body or something because something is damaged? Or was i totally high last night?

^^ No, they were out of reach of the "Resurrection Ship". Those were discussed frequently in earlier seasons.

I wanna know WHAT the FRAK is the FRAKIN deal?!? I am having issues waiting this TWO FRAKING WEEK wait for the next episode. Thats how much this show has consumed my Friday nights. Usually its a good thing. I had been singing scifi's praises to everyone I know thats a fan, and re-watch every episode usually on monday mornings or on my lunch break from work. But scifi has skrewed us all real good this time. They've broken the routine already by making us wait two weeks for the next episode and I forgive them for that, after all, it is memorial day weekend and scifi wants to show crappy movie marathons for the people. But why, oh why, would they not post the last episode for me to watch and re-watch, so I can prepare myself for the new one? Am I the only one that feels this way? The last episode they've posted was Faith and thats one behind what should be posted, I've watched it about six times now. They were also letting you watch the new episodes completley before they aired on fridays but now we get to watch the "sneak peaks". What the FRAK is up with SCIFI?

Off the subject of my torture, I am phsyched about the new episode this Friday! I can totally believe that Roslin was pretty damned stupid for going to see the hybrid without having the crew pull some simple security messures to disable the base ships FTLs and those sorts of precautions. What a moron. I'm starting to wonder if some of the things the hybrid says and the head six and stuff are related to the Beings of Light from the orginal series. Look that up on other scifi sights if you don't already know but they "took" people accross the galaxy and returned them with no memories of being gone. What if they are the ones that took Kara to earth? Just a thought.

Make your vote count. Vote Baltar '08

Last edited:
So, I'm all caught up and am now waiting in the boat with everyone else for the conclusion of season 4 in January.

Fucking amazing show. Some interesting theories in this thread! :)

[spoil]Anyone else feel pretty good about Kali getting blown out of the launch tube? She had been irritating me for a number of episodes, so I was fairly happy about her demise.[/spoil]

Finder said:
[spoil]Anyone else feel pretty good about Kali getting blown out of the launch tube? She had been irritating me for a number of episodes, so I was fairly happy about her demise.[/spoil]

this was such a good scene. and i fully agree, it was a long time coming!

as for the first half of the season, I was very pleased. the middle 3rd of season 3 was AWFUL. Like, i almost stopped watching the show at a few points, but the brought it back strong with the end oft he season, and this entire season. My ONLY problem with season 4 is that, at times, it suffers from TMS (too much starbuck).

HOWEVER, i have high high hopes for the end of the series. high hopes. I think they will amaze us with whatever they come up with. The last scene of the most recent episode was AMAZING. [spoil]I LOVE that they already found earth and that that won't be the resolution of the story, that it goes deeper.[/spoil]

I had read Sci Fi forced them to do more "one off" episodes during season 3 instead of just letting them throw the cards and leave them where they lie like they had been doing the first two seasons. It makes sense, and they obviously backed off for season 4. Why any dumb ass board exec would fuck with what is already one of the most amazing shows on TV is completely beyond me.

You're right though, the last 15 minutes of epsiode 10 (last of season four part one) had me kinda teary-eyed and on the edge of my seat only to see that final scene...wow. :D

It is going to be a long wait.

I must admit though [spoil]I am super confused at times about which Cylon is which. Is this head-six, Caprica-six, which six? Which Boomer? Athena? Brain. In. Knots.[/spoil]

That makes sense, and was my biggest complaint. Stupid "back story" eps that had no connection to the overall story line. However, just that, could have been fine, but many of them sucked. They seemed like they were just churned out for the sake of filler, and it was reflected in the quality of them. That drives me nuts.

It's almost time!!!!!! =D

3078106036_ce9cafa6e5_o.jpg

I didn't really want to start a new thread about this because I'm sure that nly the people who chose to venture into a thread about BSG might care anyways.

Tonight after I watched Islanded in a Stream of Stars I realized that a television show that has provided me with such intense moments of happiness and surprise is finally going off the air. I mean I knew it was coming but I guess it just hit me now and to be honest I'm so intensely sad. I'll admit it, seeing Adama and Tigh toast the ship made me tear up a bit.

Geez, I feel like I'm losing a friend.

So... who has some crazy theories about whats gonna happen? I think they're going to find the Cylon colony and attack it that or the opposing Cylon fleet. The last episodes have to fraking EPIC. Right? Maybe they'll three part daybreak and make it watch like a movie. :D

I'm so excited and happy to see where Ronald Moore finally takes the show, but at the same time sad about the end finally being here. I would have totally gone for another three seasons of Jump, Drama, Jump, Fight, Drama, Jump.

Is it silly to be upset that something that has given you such wonderful moments is leaving even if it is a TV show?

When Buffy aired its last episode I was crushed. The series that I invested emotion and time into left and now its happening again. I understand, of course, TV shows are episodic and eventually they must come to a close. The moments of happiness, surprise, anxiety, sadness, etc that a show provides you are real and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I really look forward to watching BSG every week. I don't put off drinking for it, but... yenno... I download it and watch it as soon as I get home.

Where are you guys at with this?

Last edited:
Here comes the finale.

I'm excited to see what the last 2 hours of this show has in store, but I am starting to get sad it is coming to a close forever (although we do have another 2 hour movie, The Plan, to look forward to later this year I believe).

This show continually impressed me with its tone, production quality, and level of acting. What people don't understand about sci fi is it can be used as a magnifying glass on humanity in its current state and allows a show like Battlestar to give some biting commentary in the context of its world without coming across as preachy. As for a more base observation, I can't really think of a show that made my heart race like this one.

There were some dud episodes here and there, but overall I think this is one of the strongest serialized shows I have seen in years, in any genre. So say we all.

Any particular favorite moments throughout the show to share before the finale airs?

[spoil]One stand out moment for me is during the rescue on New Caprica. Galactica careening out of the sky toward the planets surface only to release Vipers and then jump back into orbit was one of the single most badass maneuvers I have ever seen in film or television.[/spoil]

Okay, so who saw the finale?

I loved it - despite its shortcomings (there were a lot) - I found it humorous and exciting.

NSFW:
I love how we are not on the real earth :p

The things I didn't like were:
1. Gaius's speech (he just never seems genuine) and Cavil giving into the truce all too quickly...and then blowing out his brains. It was all too fast and seemed out of character for Cavil.
2. Helo should have died. Why so uplifting?
3. The general cheese when they are all on "earth" made me :|8).

Ah, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and enjoyed it all.

Last edited:
a number of friends have recommended this to me and i finally got round to starting it - i watched the pilot and am now 4 episodes into season 1. it's absolutely brilliant. knowing how much there is to come, it's exciting to imagine how they are going to flesh out this universe.

i can't wait to see how it unfolds.

alasdair

I'm not reading this thread. It seems I'm behind, I'm abit past half way through the third season.
They just left the star of Jupiter and Baltar is back on Galactica.

I'm assuming this spoilers in this thread so I'm not reading.

I just dropped by to mention how EPIC this whole series is.

Some of the best Sci Fi I've come across. =D

i just watched episode 8 of season 3 - the one with the boxing matches - and i can not believe how good this show is.

i thought it went off the boil just a bit in the first couple of episodes of season 3 but i realise i was just missing all the jumping around and raider/viper space battles.

this is easily in my all-time top 20 tv shows now.

alasdair

i just watched episode 8 of season 3 - the one with the boxing matches - and i can not believe how good this show is.

i thought it went off the boil just a bit in the first couple of episodes of season 3 but i realise i was just missing all the jumping around and raider/viper space battles.

this is easily in my all-time top 20 tv shows now.

alasdair

Hahahaha. Isn't it great? Definitely one of my favorite shows of all time.

So what'd you think, ali?

I watched "The Plan" recently and was extremely disappointed. I would prefer to un-see it.

Finished the entire series yesterday and waiting for The Plan to air in a few mins. Cant wait.

The show is AWESOME.