• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Baggie stuck in odd place

C'mon to fuck. We need to know how that baggie ended up in your ear.

Also, you need to pay to go to hospital in Ireland?

Haha it's just a boring story that only shows how dumb I can be at times!... I had often thought about using it as a place to conceal something but never thought for a minute that it could go in so far to the ear, I always presumed that it would sit there on the edge of the ear for some reason. It never seemed that good a place because if a copper was to look there he would see it (unless it was in as far as I had it yesterday which I don't recommend)..

So yesterday I was on a fairly long trip and I was fiddling with the bag and placing it just inside the earlobe and because it had fell on the ground earlier and I had stood on it (almost lost it) it was so small that it managed to go very far in before I realised it.

In any case I planned to try and keep it until today so I guess that worked but I wouldn't recommend this method, I really was panicking last night and this morning before I got it out

C'mon to fuck. We need to know how that baggie ended up in your ear.

Fees

Under Department of Health Guidelines there is an in-patient statutory fee of €75 per day up to a maximum of €750 in any 12 month period. For semi-private patients, €889 is charged in addition to the statutory fee of €75 per night. For fully private patients €1,017 is charged in addition to the statutory fee of €75 per night.

The statutory fee for Health Care Centre or Day Ward is €75 per day. €732.00 Private Day Care Charge plus €75.00 Statutory Charge.

The hospital operates a Health Insurance Direct payment scheme. Forms must be completed prior to discharge in order to have accounts submitted directly to the Insurance Companies.

Under Department of Health Guidelines all patients attending the Emergency Department are charged an attendance fee of €100.00

ye man, have to pay over here.

Shit. That's fucked up. Not so rosy in your free Ireland after all, eh? ;)

Right now I don't have £100. What would happen if I broke my leg?

Yeah man for a visit to A&E will be €100, now if it is an emergency and you didn't have money they would still see you and send out the bill a couple of weeks later. If you have a medical card which is means tested you get everything free, but if you work at all you can't get one it's fucked up you have to be on benifits, even then I think there is a waiting list

The public health care system in Ireland is so fucking shit I'm sure any Irish here would agree... The English system seems a lot fairer. The worst thing about it is that once a doctor has worked up so many hours p/w seeing public patients (I think it's like 20hrs) then he can use the hospitals facilities - rooms operating theatres, nurses etc. (which are paid for by the tax payer) to see private patients & line his own pockets

Aye Bogman that's fucked up, did you take that from a hospital website or the government one?.. They should definitely be giving me the bag back if I had to pay 100 quid haha.. To be honest I've been to A&E before and not paid they stopped chasing the debt after a while I think, but that was years ago because I remember it was about 65 then

chap i work with, his wife had to go A & E over the xmas. didn't pay on the day and recived bill in the post a few days later and "forgot" all about it and the next 4 or 5 letters .

then got a call from a debt recovery crowd demanding the money and threat of sending somebody around to collect the money.

Fees

Under Department of Health Guidelines there is an in-patient statutory fee of €75 per day up to a maximum of €750 in any 12 month period. For semi-private patients, €889 is charged in addition to the statutory fee of €75 per night. For fully private patients €1,017 is charged in addition to the statutory fee of €75 per night.

The statutory fee for Health Care Centre or Day Ward is €75 per day. €732.00 Private Day Care Charge plus €75.00 Statutory Charge.

The hospital operates a Health Insurance Direct payment scheme. Forms must be completed prior to discharge in order to have accounts submitted directly to the Insurance Companies.

Under Department of Health Guidelines all patients attending the Emergency Department are charged an attendance fee of €100.00

ye man, have to pay over here.
I never realised that & like PTCH has asked,what do you do if you happen to break your leg but have no cash?
Edit: just read the last couple of posts made while I was writing mine.

Statutory Charge Exemptions:
1. Medical Card holders (on proof of current card).
2. Members of the defence forces and their dependants.
3. Persons receiving services in respect of prescribed infectious diseases.
4. Temporary visitors to Ireland from another EU Country on presentation of an EHIC Card is entitled to hospital services as a public patient without charge.
5. GP referrals with GP letter to A&E department.

as for this ?
Road Traffic Accidents Cases:
The health (Amendment) Act 1986 requires the hospital to levy the following charges upon a person who has been the victim of a Road Traffic Accident.

A&E: €100 Statutory Charge plus €406.00 RTA A&E charge
Inpatient: €1025.61 per day plus *€75 statutory charge plus €170.00 RTA outpatient charge
Physio: €170.00 per RTA Physio attendance

(Private and semi-private charges also apply where applicable).
*(Maximum statutory charges payable in a rolling twelve month period is €750)

Ya it's not cash up front, I know someone working in a hospital, lots of people don't bother paying EVER. Albeit with our European paymasters pulling the strings after the bailout the revenue system is bound to clamp down as they have on other previously loosely enforced things. Some laws in Ireland are not as rigidly prosecuted as in the UK. The fuzz are drunk.

No wonder you lot had that whole celtic tiger thing going on for a while. Single handedly running the country via medical bills.

I'd smack him really hard in the other ear, it will hopefully fly out after a couple of punches.

aye

No wonder you lot had that whole celtic tiger thing going on for a while. Single handedly running the country via medical bills.

Ya the EU bailed us out for 100 billion that was owed in Casualty department non payment fees !

Like you welcomed the Normans,Vikings,Romans,Anglo Saxons etc :p

Sublime