• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] How to handle or prevent a bad trip

riiight.....you can debate the meaning of "bad trip"all you want, the rest of the world knows what kind of "bad trip" were talking about, and as far as that is concerned, it is real, and you have no fucking clue what your talking about. Bye now

my advice for dealing with bad trips:

endure them. keep doing the drug. eventually, you'll become so used to tripping that the idea of a bad trip won't phase you one bit. there really is nothing to be afraid of when tripping and once you have tripped hundreds of times and know the drug inside and out, as well as your reactions to it, you won't have a bad trip anymore. ever.

thats what happened to me anyway, and now i can trip with absolutely zero fear.

UNLESS: you are having a bad trip on MDMA. those kinds of bad trips are not controllable and happen randomly out of the clear blue and are definitely physical as opposed to merely mental. you have to just ride those out. they have no cause, are not related to any thought processes, and just 'happen', in my experience. i really don't understand what they're about at all, except that the feeling is like being in hell for about a minute, then you rise out of it. anybody had a similar horrible X trip?

malfunkshun said:
my advice for dealing with bad trips:

endure them. keep doing the drug. eventually, you'll become so used to tripping that the idea of a bad trip won't phase you one bit. there really is nothing to be afraid of when tripping and once you have tripped hundreds of times and know the drug inside and out, as well as your reactions to it, you won't have a bad trip anymore. ever.

thats what happened to me anyway, and now i can trip with absolutely zero fear.

UNLESS: you are having a bad trip on MDMA. those kinds of bad trips are not controllable and happen randomly out of the clear blue and are definitely physical as opposed to merely mental. you have to just ride those out. they have no cause, are not related to any thought processes, and just 'happen', in my experience. i really don't understand what they're about at all, except that the feeling is like being in hell for about a minute, then you rise out of it. anybody had a similar horrible X trip?

Yes, but the issue was entirely psychological.

are you refering to my bad X trip? maybe it was psychological, but that still doesn't have any meaning.

for example... when i am having a bad X trip, i am feeling great. rolling along, feeling the 'love'. in total bliss. then i feel it coming on... a deep pit of anxiety in my stomach, getting harder and harder. it slowly fills my body like a liquid, expanding out from my center. the euphoria goes away. in its place is pure horror, without meaning and without a cause. i endure this for about a minute. it is Hell. then, the exact opposite thing happens... my stomach soaks it up again. finally, i am back to normal.

nothing triggers an event like this. what is psychological about it? it feels more physical than anything, extreme discomfortin the the stomach, shaky extremeties, almost nauseous. on top of this, a feeling of utter dread. think the exact opposite of how you feel when rolling.

When you feel yourself going into a bad trip, for instance a couple nights ago I ate an 8th and thought I was losing my hair, and started freaking out and I was in a car with like 4 people and only one other was tripping as well and kept saying we were trapped because we had been in the car for so long, so I just focused on the music, and just let myself get sucked into the music. Everything soon got better.

That's all you really need to do, good music can always take you out of a bad trip.

In my opinion.

I need some answers please

Hello everybody,
I wanted to ask a question because Im dying to try acid I want to trip and hallucinate so bad! but Im scared I would get a bad trip or see something I wouldnt like or something that would scare me so I want to ask how to avoid getting a bad trip and how to enjoy it and what should I do if Im on acid and i start to trip or see something I wouldnt like? can I change my thought then?
Thanks in advance :D

there is no such thing as a bad trip unless it negatively impacts your life. i have had several difficult expereicnes where parts of my subconcious surfaced and i was forced to deal with shit, and that has had a positive impact on my life since i learned more about my true self. Pay attention to the thoughts and deal with them on the spot.

morninggloryseed said:
There are no "bad" trips. Each one is a learning experience, no matter how difficult it is. Well if my dick got cut off while tripping, that may be bad. I stand corrected.

MGS

That about sums it up =D

Ibra, what do you mean when you say "see" something bad?

jrip said:
i'veonly had one bad trip, and it was on seven or eight grams of very powerful shrooms. all was good until I couldnt distinguish wheather my eyes were opened or closed. meaning my closed eye visuals became open eye visuals. i got up and tried to walk out of the room and i passed out. which is what really scared me because ive never heard of anybody passing out from shrooms or acid. so then i thought i was dying, and believed i had found the meaning of life so that living wasnt neccesary any more. Well i was lucky enough to have my sober girlfriend with me who sat with me for two hours and tried to talk me out of my funk. I found that the best thing for me was her telling me good things about my life and just keeping my mind off the terrible thoughts.
I tripped again about a week later, and it just wasnt the same my thoughts were still all fucked up and it was hard to enjoy it.
oh yeah, has anybody else heard of people passing out from large doses of shrooms/acid

I passed out on acid same thing happened to me my closed eyes became open eyed and the tracers were so bad i didnt know what i was looking at because i was seeing tracers on top of tracers on top of tracers and the bottom ones werent going away untill.....pop. I blacked out. My friends tried to wake me up on and off for like almost two hours and one of my friends said i was talkin to myself but another one of my friends said it sounded more like i was talkin to someone else. I remember atlas was explaining to me how god is...... basicly the collective consiousness of all eternity. And he was telling me not to be afraid and he was talking to me in pictures and kind remember seeing like really simple cartoons of a really happy lookin surfer old guy standing in outerspace next to the world and he was givin me 2 thumbs up. It was like in one breath this guy told me god wasnt a person who would judge you its a thing that encompasses all the good and truth that has ever been and in the next breath he said hes just a reall cool old guy. And the ideas came together into something i cant say only describe but i understood.

xnastyoldladyx said:
I have a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE fear of death. I guess it could be classified as a phobia because when it hits I can't breathe or think. All I can do is sit, cry, and rock back and forth for hours and hours. I'm in therapy for other things (bipolar and anxiety in general), and we're starting to work on those things. Here's the thing... the only psychedelic drug I've ever done was shrooms, and while on them the fear was like increased times a billion and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Granted, it was my first time to trip, and I'd taken 4 grams. At first I was completely convinced I was going to die and spent the first hour of my trip trying to throw up the shrooms. Then I finally got over that and just couldn't stop crying about the fact that I'm just going to die in general. The only thing I could do to stop thinking about it so much was to just talk incessantly. Yes, it took away the fear, but the reason I want to trip is so that I can get to "deeper" levels of consciousness, so to speak, and that's kind of hard to do while you're talking non-stop. How can you keep yourself from completely "freaking out" without having to talk to someone?

U have to just take the bad ones and try to work it out not look away or distract yourself from it. I've had the same bad trips over and over and over b4
and they wouldnt stop untill i wasnt afraid anymore. But no matter how far you go the fear always comes back. Everyday life makes you forget the lessons you learn. It's constant progression. But if u have a bad trip nd u dont come to terms with what your realzing or you dont take and hear and see the whole piece of the realization your having youll just keep having that same bad trip every 10 or 8 or 4 times you trip. I don't stay scared anymore when a negative tries to influince me i deal with it quickly i accept it and say that may be true, but i will not fear the truth. But for right now where im at. I'm having realizations all the time sober. I'm constantly playing with ppl in that way that you do when your tripping trying to get a new piece of nformation.

Enoch667 said:
I passed out on acid same thing happened to me my closed eyes became open eyed and the tracers were so bad i didnt know what i was looking at because i was seeing tracers on top of tracers on top of tracers and the bottom ones werent going away untill.....pop. I blacked out. My friends tried to wake me up on and off for like almost two hours and one of my friends said i was talkin to myself but another one of my friends said it sounded more like i was talkin to someone else. I remember atlas was explaining to me how god is...... basicly the collective consiousness of all eternity. And he was telling me not to be afraid and he was talking to me in pictures and kind remember seeing like really simple cartoons of a really happy lookin surfer old guy standing in outerspace next to the world and he was givin me 2 thumbs up. It was like in one breath this guy told me god wasnt a person who would judge you its a thing that encompasses all the good and truth that has ever been and in the next breath he said hes just a reall cool old guy. And the ideas came together into something i cant say only describe but i understood.

I also have a friend who's paralyzed from the neck down. I met him after it happened, but he took a bunch of pcp and passed out and when he woke up he could see other parts of reality... like he woke up and his friends were around him and he knew one of their cell phones was going to ring and who it would be and he said it and it happened. And he was so messed up he got it all twisted and thought he could fly and dove off the balcony of a hotel. True story. swear just met him at college like 4 months ago. When i blacked out. After i woke up I couldnt speak english for hours and i couldnt understand what anyone was saying and all these bad thoughts were racing through my head. And I knew not to ber afraid but i couldnt stay calm. I took off all my clothes and ran away from where i was because i thought and i think i was picking up everyone elses bad thoughts they were holding back. I assaulted three cops naked. They beat the sht out of me and knocked me unconscious but the only drug i was on was acid so my urine came up clean i dont know why. maybe because they beat me in front of alot of ppl they didn't press charges on me.
But i think like everystory of some big black dude walking around the hood in his boxers whistling dixie and breaking handcuffs starts with them suddenly passing out on hallucinogens.
The reason the cops beat me so bad was cause like they had too i wouldnt give up they were like laying on top of me and i was literally grinding the hancuffs against my wrist bones and biting and pinching the cops. Finally one of them hit me over the head with his baton and i blacked out again.

first time i bought acid the guy told me "if things start turning bad, clear ur head and DONT fight it"/

sure enough, i get on the train home from the city +5 hours, i start freaking out. at nothing in particular, just at the enclosed space etc.
so wot did i do? I listened 2 my friends ipod, wrote some notes and generally thought of nothing. turned out alright :D

I got over my fear of death with mushrooms and other psychedelics. Bad trips are only truly bad if you give in and try to ignore what you learned. I can guarantee that if you think about a difficult trip later on and don't try to drown it out with alcohol or denial or something of the sort, you'll emerge a better person for it. It happens for a reason, usually because you're neurotic about something, and facing this neurosis can help you to overcome it in your daily life.

The only time I was on the brink of losing it was in jail on acid. I just meditated for a while to pass the time and thank god I only needed $15 on top of what I had in my pocket for bail so my friend came and got me very quickly realizing the situation.

I also passed out after eating mushrooms. Right in the middle of the currency exchange. I woke up and had no idea where I was, I walked back up to the counter and got the money for a check I was going to cash and the lady offered me a glass of water. I refused it and just took the money and sprinted to my friends car that was waiting outside. I ate some real food and drank some water and I was tripping fine again.

hmmm most my trips involve reminding myself im a fucking idioit

However this bothers me very little so i just accept and move on

Oddly enough I couldnt describe myself as having a bad trip

Ive berated myself for hours on end Ive been so overwelmed i had to hide in my car and been left with no idea who what where or how more times than I can count

It would seem I cope very well with such circumstances (knock on wood)
But we shall see

what is this 'bad trip' you speak of?

of course ive heard of people saying they had a 'bad trip', but ive never experienced one myself. there have been times when i've been scared of things i can't see, or where ive "seen" freaky/scary things in the half-light and freaked out a little, but ive never .... paniced? or wanted out.

what defines a 'bad trip', and... what is it like?

i dont know, maybe ive never had a strong enough dose.