• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] How to handle or prevent a bad trip

Some drugs are kinda dark, especially salvia. I'd suggest that next time you try sticking a pinch of extract in your gum and holding it in your mouth without swallowing for at least a half hour. It is a lot less intense and more gentle than smoking.

In general, the more you fight a difficult trip, the worse it gets. It is best to let the darkness take you. I've been sucked out of my body, experienced ego death, and seen visions of the apocalypse over the years. Its a lot easier to handle if you just accept what is happening and let go of your fear. Its not easy the first time, but after a few difficult trips NOTHING scares me. I'd walk right up to death incarnate and spit in his eye.

Psychedelics just amplify aspects of your own personality. If you know yourself it's impossible to have a bad trip because how can you be frightened by yourself?

If you feel uncomfortable, lay down and tell yourself that in an hour or two it will all be over. There's no other way than that of coping with a bad trip untill you know yourself a little better.

Only deciding to trip when you are feeling great and in the right setting. Stay within your known doses. Just make sure you have music and whatever you may need during the trip at your disposal. Thats pretty much it.

The way I like to look at it is you want to trip on a day where you feel like you are having one of the best days of your life, one of those days where you feel like you are on top of the world and nothing can bring you down. Thats just how you can expect your trip to go usually.

Psychedelics just amplify aspects of your own personality. If you know yourself it's impossible to have a bad trip because how can you be frightened by yourself?

If you feel uncomfortable, lay down and tell yourself that in an hour or two it will all be over. There's no other way than that of coping with a bad trip untill you know yourself a little better.

I agree with this mostly... I believe 100% that being comfortable with yourself and not being afraid of what is inside of you will make it difficult to have a bad trip. But certainly not impossible. Experience, dose, and setting come into play I believe. When someone ends up so far 'out there' without being prepared, its near impossible to tell what's real and what's not real. It is scary and has nothing to do with how comfortable you thought you were with yourself in this world.

Well now that you've been owned by the Goddess you know that it's not even worth trying to put up a fight, so you can just lay down and surrender to her awesome power. Next time you smoke it, just take a few minutes to meditate, breathe, and clear your head, and remind yourself that you really have no idea what reality is all about and Sally D is about to show you that fact.

You make it sound more fucked up than it already is. wow..

Imagine the worst trip that you can, one that might actually happen to you, and then take some time getting to know the fears in there, and get comfortable with the fact that it may actually happen that way. If you're willing to look directly at what you're scared of, its less likely that you'll get chased around by scary things.

I try to ensure that I'm only surrounded with positive people and a positive environment before I do any psych exploring.

I usually drink some beers. calms me down pretty good

i would continuously have "bad" trips on LSD and mushies my last few years of it.

some drink, maybe a couple of vodka and oj's;-) really does help. if needed.
it does seem pretty hard to get drunk ive noticed, but after so many it seemed to nullify the experience more and more.

~so less, again.

i actually would leave music off with salviaD.
its going to be dissembled and senseless with enough, and investigative maybe, letting your own mind control the situation while there can be much wiser.

afterward, let music help make sense of the experience, inspire further thought, Log the trip- this may bring a different take on the whole experience all together, from the start.

but, thats me, DMT, i like my head-phones on loud, with some dark- freaky ambient haha, or indigenous chanting etc.

heh

I found with shrooms that calming music and a good mind set helped me remain calm throughout the trip. And yes, Salvia is a very strong drug that kicks the shit out of most of the people who try it.

love this thread.

gotta say the main thing for me is you are going into it with a hedonistic mindset then you are going to end up getting a look at the raw, naked ego.... and that can be worse than demonic visions and more than you bargained for but it can also teach you a lot 8o

Last edited: