• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Bad places to go in London when on acid.

Albion

Bluelight Crew
I need some help. It's my birthday this week, and a group of us (7) are planning on celebrating with a tab each, about 150ug strength tabs, and roaming around London taking in the sights. My main plan was for us to go chill on Hampstead Heath with some portable speakers and sunshine, but looking at the forecast, I'm going to need a backup plan. Rain isn't really an issue, but mud is. We're not going to have a good time if we're wading through mud and can't really sit down.

So does anyone have any suggestions of public places where we can go, relax, and trip where we're unlikely to be interrupted, no matter the weather? Bear in mind there's quite a number of us, and for a couple it'll be the first time taking acid. If you're thinking this is just a bad idea, you're certainly right, but I don't care. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My mates house used to back onto Primrose Hill and we would spend many an afternoon stumbling around there and nearby Reagents Park. I can't remember the name of the pub close by where we would dose up on K and send each other up to the bar with increasingly more stupid rounds of drinks. "Pineapple juice with an umbrella, half pint and packet of bacon bits, raspberry cordial". One time I looked across and Noel gallagher was shaking his head at me. You know you deserve your place on BL staff when you are too much of a trash bag for Noel.

Tate Modern would be one place I would go tripping if given the chance.

Best place to go in london while on acid is to a train station or bus stop to take you out of london.. fuck london it's a shit hole :p

Highgate cemetery is pretty near hampstead heath and I'd second the idea of primrose hill. My first ever pet rat is happily tucked up in the earth there. But really, overall the idea of London when on acid with first-timers....8(

London is terrible for tripping, most of my non rave trips were spent indoors in my flat or people's houses/gardens, it's big, chaotic, noisy, has an aggressive edge, even the parks aren't quiet enough for tripping, at least for me. Best place for me was Columbia Road market, then Brick Lane and the side streets and then sit down in Weaver's Fields just off Vallance Road. But that was like five minutes from where I used to live.

Had some decent shroom trips down at the canal in Camden as well, but that was eons ago, pre-mushroom ban and when Camden was still a place worth going instead of the Hot Topic on steroids it has now been converted to.

Plymouth was the dog's bollocks as a tripping location, in uni there I used to drop acid every thursday and just walk around the Hoe and then lose myself in Central Park, brilliant spot that was, all green, almost nobody around on weekdays. I even tripped publically on Ayahuasca there.

Last edited:
Frolic naked amongst the homeless??? Hahahahaha! Brilliant!

Richmond Park, Wimbledon Common I reckon! Bit shit out though, dress warm & Happy Birthday!

Skip london and come down here, tripping on the moores would be amazing. although probably best during the summer

Nowt wrong with Hackney.

I really like the idea of Highgate Cemetery...If I were on my own or with just one or two others I'd definitely go there. We might have to gather round someone's flat...Can't do it at mine as I live with two anti-drug girls.

^I got punched in the face outside McDonalds on Mare Street by a fat black girl with hoop rings while waiting for my ket/speed hook up. Luckily I wasn't tripping yet. I found London to be an amazingly hostile place for tripping.

^I got punched in the face outside McDonalds on Mare Street by a fat black girl with hoop rings while waiting for my ket/speed hook up. Luckily I wasn't tripping yet. I found London to be an amazingly hostile place for tripping.

That area certainly is, i used to live pretty close to Mare street and generally avoided it like the plague. Some areas i would consider to be 'nice' and that have the more positive London feel to them but I'd still be very wary of tripping with first timers there.

Who knows, they might just love it and be all wrapped up in first time amazement but then again they might well ruin it for you with persistent anxiety and feelings of threat.

Good luck!

^ Yeah I did have a very nice trip at the Notting Hill Carnival, on 2C-I pills, that was really good, we managed to find the DrumandBase tent and rave away the afternoon, but yeah on something mentally more challenging like acid, perhaps it would have been too crowded and confusing.

Madame Tussauds

I once walked the streets of London at night on acid after losing a load at a poker club near Camden, it was an interesting walk back to the £50 a night hotel I was staying at and a horrible next day as I had no money food or water and had to walk to Victoria station from kings cross where I was staying so basically across the whole of London. Was so chuffed when some lady was giving away free cookies as some sort of advertisement thing. It was the best cookie in the world.

^ Yeah I did have a very nice trip at the Notting Hill Carnival, on 2C-I pills, that was really good, we managed to find the DrumandBase tent and rave away the afternoon, but yeah on something mentally more challenging like acid, perhaps it would have been too crowded and confusing.

Some nutfuck grabbed a huge machete off a food vendor & proceeded to clear a path for himself through the crowds in which I was trapped the one time I risked Carnival. It was nice to feel my feet lifted involuntarilly from the ground & to be carried along completely out of my control by the paniced, sheep-like morons! Never ever again, glad I wasn't fucking tripping!

Seriously, there are some fucking gorgeous places to trip on the outskirts of London. The woods at Richmond Park & the gardens at Bushy Park are really pleasant & quiet during the week. Walks along the river between Richmond & Hampton Court are also cool, especially in the warm. Up on Richmind Hill there's some really nice gardens & walking around the streets on top of Richmond Hill tripping is like wandering around a cartoon land! I've had some cracking trips in this part of London.

Parks inside London however, & in places like Hackney are probably best avoided whilst tripping unless highly streetwise.

by far the best thing to do is drop in time to reach your happy, let's go outside stage, ie, beyond the screaming with laughter stage (i am sure there's a more technical word to describe this, but you know what I mean) at about 5am so that you can head to and break into a park for the pre-dawn peace and quiet (if you disturb that, never mind). Battersea Park by the river is great for this and its easy to climb the fence and have a pocket of nature and a giant Buddha all to yourself. I wouldn't go on a big trip at Notting Hill Carnival, almost guaranteed you'll lose your mates and find yourself alone which is a monster downer