• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding meth psychosis?

I'm gonna try taking 30-60mgs of dxm then try dosing. Well I'm gonna dose the dxm for a couple days n see if.it helps lower tolerance

IMHO dosing dxm is not going to help your recovery at all. This is simply going to put you at greater cartivascular risk. If you care about yourself please just take a break for a little while and then see how things seem. You are likely using for some deeper reason that you may not even know yourself.

Perhaps try posting over in The Dark Side, and if you ever need someone to talk with you can always PM me. I just want more than anything to see you stay safe if at all possible.

Siccness, if I recall correctly, you were/are on a serious cocktail of meds and have suffered severe and recurrent psychosis for a long time.

You are putting yourself in danger. Please stop using drugs. Please speak to your doctor about all of this.

My psychosis was severe but it only lasted one day. That was about 4 months ago, I was also on respierdol and I think haldol while in rehab but I've been fine since. When my first initial psychosis hit me I didn't know how to react so I lost it. I haven't had a psychosis since then. I'm just trying to find euphoria with meth.again...I can't feel any and it's fuckin irritating. I'm about to start rigging again my tolerance is just to high but then again it can't be cause cause i barely started again recently. I'm gonna try eating a sack again and see where it goes...idk why I keep doing meth. I just love the feeling I feel in control though so it's not a big issue..I just wish I could get high again without taking such a long break. I've had a fat 30 sack for 4 days but I've waited it out hoping I'd get high if I waited till today..idk I'm a mess lol

^ OP, Meth addicts typically keep using, chasing that first high. But you will never get the high of your first use. And because your dopamine is depleted from using, you're not going to feel euphoria no matter how much you use. You need to accept that and move on, you're chasing something that doesn't exist at this point.

You are clearly NOT in control and you're right, it's not a big issue it's a HUGE issue. It's weird to me that you can see you're in control and then just a few sentences later admit you're a mess. The meth is messing with your head, convincing you that the only reason you're doing it is because you miss the high and you don't have a problem. But you've gone into psychosis before... if you continue on this road you are risking your own sanity. Not to mention the damage to your body, meth is full of toxic chemicals. Every time you use it eats away the enamel on your teeth, which will lead to rotting teeth and gums eventually. And that's minor compared to what else it is doing to your body... damaging blood vessels, increased blood pressure and heart rate which can lead to stroke or heart attack, lost muscle tissue and bone density from extreme weight loss, permanent facial tics and muscle twitches, open sores on your body, and a compromised immune system. These are just a few consequences of meth use. By using, you are doing permanent damage to your body. As in, forever... Think about that.

To avoid psychosis on any amphetamine be it normal or meth is simply rest and to not compulsively redose at insane doses. Benzos at hand are always favourable and useful if the time comes and I never leave home without them if I'm going on an uppers binge. Without benzos I don't think I would dabble with uppers, I feel the need to redose very powerfully sometimes and that's when I know instead of taking more speed its time for a couple of valiums.

Keeping hydrated and properly nourished is also a key factor in stopping psychosis. The body will turn into overdrive on a meth binge, and if you don't give it is basic fuels (food, water, rest) you'll end up in a right state. Simply forcing down some bread, multivitamins, anything will help prevent your high from going completely insane.

I'm not chasing that first high. I just want decent euphoria. Like taking an ecstasy pill just want some euphoria. Not trying to feel that same high I had the first time. I know that won't happen, like just a month.ago it was my first time dosing since rehab and.I felt amazing.

Can't really explain..just want a day of euphoria n not to be just stimulated.

Well, that's relatively difficult to maintain a "blanket" euphoria for a day. From my experience it never really happens - or it does when you end up mixing a whole load of drugs into a mix one after another which I seriously don't recommend. The methamphetamine high will dissipate after a while and no matter what you do you won't be able to maintain a day longs worth of constant euphoria. Be happy with the initial high and ride it out for as long as you can. Don't get your hopes up in thinking you can get a blanket high. It won't happen. Sorry to burst your bubble - but it's true.

After lots of use of amphetamine no matter what you do you won't get that same euphoria back. You will simply just feel stimulated. Your brain has adjusted to pleasurable effects of the drug and will only retain its stimulating properties. Hence why it's used as an ADHD medication. At first you'll feel high - after two weeks and stabilizing on a dose you'll notice it's immense therapeutic potential in helping you concentrate, stay alert and reduce your impulsivity. Well, that's what you're meant to do anyway. Many people continue to try and get that high back, but you never will. I'm not sure what pathways it's associated to, or what causes the euphoria to dissipate but it does in 99.99% of all users I've known, know or even in the case of myself.

I'm not chasing that first high. I just want decent euphoria. Like taking an ecstasy pill just want some euphoria. Not trying to feel that same high I had the first time. I know that won't happen, like just a month.ago it was my first time dosing since rehab and.I felt amazing.

Can't really explain..just want a day of euphoria n not to be just stimulated.

Did you even read the rest of what I said, or did you just read the part that you felt doesn't apply to you?

I read it. I apologize not trying to sound ignorant or be disrespectful. Well regardless I dosed and for the past 4 days. I drank alot of water and slept very well, eat a shitload to..the fact I.had a sack and waited proved alot.for me.because It paid off I feel fuckin good and it proves I.just have to give breaks and not.go all speed warrior everyday or my life..

Well you're lucky it didn't turn and bite you in the ass this time. From the way you're using its bound to catch up on you one day as it doesn't seem like you can use the stuff responsibly. While you may get away from the side effects for the time being, trust me, the time will come when it kicks your teeth in and you don't know how you ended up the way you did. Quit while you're ahead.

If you're still adamant to use though that's your choice. Try to be as safe as you can, take regular bread from the stuff and be careful. I've seen amphetamine psychosis at its worst and really it's a living breathing nightmare you never want to end up in.

Trust me when I say this. Ive seen.psychosis in its WORST, the day I ODed/ fell in amphetamine psychosis. Was the day my life changed. I was seein.helicopters/swat teams/FBI agents for hoursI was in the middle of the street for 4 hours yellin at "law enforcement" that wasnt there.obviously. Thought I hd a gun and was shooting at thinking I was in a stand off. My blood pressure ended up skyrocketing, bmp over 200+ and had to be IVd ativan to be brought down, took them in the.hospital about 2-3 doses to be brought down. Being up 9 days and being so paranoid I ate my entire 60 sack is what brought me there. Had nightmares for weeks. Psychosis might of subsided that day but it was still lingering with side effects for weeks.

Sometimes I just do not understand how people can use stimulants to chase euphoria. Dude, it is clear you have a problem with meth when you "hope" you do not get pyschosis after a binge because you have experienced it before. Up for days hoping to sleep and then up again for another three days. You claim you want some euphoria back but not the stimulation. I understand that this site is focused around harm reduction and I respect that. Nevertheless, lots of posts on here have advised him to take benzos to sleep and help stop psychosis in future events.

I think the benzos will help. I also think that a change of a DOC is needed. Obviously quitting drugs is the best thing, but if you have deep problems and this not possible and you will just get blind drunk instead, if can not find meth, then how about try looking up the most euphoric drug on earth, that will not cause you to stay up for days. How about not only the most euphoric, but also with anti-depressant and ANTI-PSYCHOTIC properties, opiates. Way healthier that meth man...

Love opiates, non available however. Mainly just stick to dxm and speed right now, it's more available for me. I wish I had hydromorphones again..I miss them

^ Well it just seems like you're not really letting the information sink in.. it's not about taking breaks, it's about quitting meth before it destroys your body and mind. Do you plan on using indefinitely? Or is there a way you can decrease your use and at least take a break for a few months so your body can fully heal? A few days won't cut it, and probably not even a few weeks. You need a good 60-90 days clean if you really care about your health as well as your depleted dopamine and serotonin.

Well I know in terms of tolerance amphetmine tolerance never goes down to 0 again. It never really goes down much either. It took 1 month to build up a tolerance to dexedrine to 150mg a day - 10 months break so I could take it therapeutically with benefits at 40mg a day again.

&I literally don't have.the funds to be able to acquire enough dope to use indefinitely. Or that often. I dose and binge for 2-3 days maybe. Then I'm out of ways to.get more, I comedown & sleep body gets repaired, gain weight back, skin gets normal.again. Then I maybe.get a sack following week MAYBE and start over. I.basically repair myself then start again it'snot all a straight shot or however you wanna say it. It's hard to.explain.

hey siccness

Ive had some ridonculous psychotic episodes myself on this shit... I know they suck ass. Make sure you a) are well-rested and b) you always eat a healthy, high protein, high carb, high calorie and vitamin-rich meal BEFORE you partake - this will give your body&brain extra ammo against the battle you're about to put it through.

Just always remember it's a battle. You always come out of it a little wounded - the level to which you get wounded is up to you. And think, every time you totally lose it, the next time is going to be even worse. Never better. Why would you want to do that? The euphoria you chase will only get even more impossibly far away.

Your binge/heal/binge/heal pattern sounds like mine.

Even if you can't sleep, just lay down with no lights on, close your eyes and relax. I've had lots of nights without sleep that I spent in bed having strange brain adventures. Don't think about not sleeping. I like to imagine a candle flame, and in my mind I stare into it and it becomes a sort of meditation that keeps me from the crazy thoughts. Take what rest you can.

I was glad to read you made sure to drink a lot of water. That's tough for me. Have a snack too if you can. Get some saltines and work on conquering just one if your stomach won't accept anything...and when it does, if you eat fish, [wild] salmon is like magic for your brain.

When I've had access, tiny tiny portions of seroquel have been KEY.

I've tried a few herbal tinctures too. Valerian is awesome. It helps bring the body into equilibrium - less heart pounding. Also helpful for general relaxation and sleep aid. I also use kava, especially during the daytime.

But this is all just maintenance stuff. bottom line is....

Take care of yourself...take time to look at things from a different perspective. Why is it you go on these insanity-inducing binges? Buy less? I know if I have it I dont stop til its gone...

I hope you're ok.

I think I got Serotonin syndrome last night from The dxm....really high, pupil dilation, the shits, sweating.idk

I think I got Serotonin syndrome last night from The dxm....really high, pupil dilation, the shits, sweating.idk
I have a syndrome??
sounds like normal dxm side effects to me. robo shits, pupil dilation, and sweating is all normal with dxm.