• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding meth psychosis?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
well I've been up for 3 or 4 days now..not completely sure. Got high on initial dose after it was just complete shit idekwhy I keep dosing. Anyway I ate a little right now finally and attempt to go to sleep right now, give my tolerance a break etc. Ok but yeah you guys need to understandbut, I had FUCKIN NIGHTMARES for weeks after my first psychosis..I can't go back.there so basically if i stop dosing which regardless ill probably STILL be up tonight so make me go on 4 days if I completely stop dosing can I avoid a psychosis? I know I'm sleep deprived right now but I seriously don't wanna fall into one..Mine are always the same and they make me LOSE my fuckin mind..I mean can I fall into one just being sleep deprived 4 days? Like I'm not gonna get high at all till I sleep again..idk guys it just worries me cause my nights winding down and I know i won't sleep tonight so I'll be going on 4-5 days in the morning..I fuckin cant go.back to that state again...Anyway thanks guys really need help

The only question I've been able to identify from your 'excerpt' is: if you stop dosing and sleep, will you avoid psychosis?

The answer is in your question, stop dosing, sleep and you will avoid psychosis.

Last edited:
Psychosis isn't only fueled by sleep deprivation. A lot of it has to also do with still being under the influence of stimulants. Stop dosing now and try to sleep in a few hours. use benzos if you have them

^Yep. Get your hands on some benzos, something to eat and some water. Then take some vitamin C. The more time you get your body to recover between stimulant usage the less side effects you'll experience when you do decide to use stimulants.

I just used for the first time recently and that morning I went straight and grabbed some xanax. Any benzo would seem to work for me, but it helped take the edge off.

Any benzo is better than no benzo and the anxiety-killing power of alprazolam/Xanax is top-notch.

Luckily i slept a good 8 hours, Feel out of it but I'm sure I'll be ok cause I feel like I've came down. Eat a gowod amount of food etc. I have one more question, I mean I know psychosiss are fueled by sleep deprivation but even when I first started I was Getting them alot back in the day, like 4-6 in a week, I was only up at the max 4 days each time. Why was I getting them so often? Then my 2nd real binge weeks later I didn't get in any at all?

Luckily i slept a good 8 hours, Feel out of it but I'm sure I'll be ok cause I feel like I've came down. Eat a gowod amount of food etc. I have one more question, I mean I know psychosiss are fueled by sleep deprivation but even when I first started I was Getting them alot back in the day, like 4-6 in a week, I was only up at the max 4 days each time. Why was I getting them so often? Then my 2nd real binge weeks later I didn't get in any at all?

It's impossible to know what caused it, since there are so many possible variables to factor in, but in general I have gotten psychotic symptoms quicker than when I first started using. Nowadays I try not to stay awake more than 2 nights in a row, as I almost invariably experience psychosis after 3-4 nights.
I never had a problem with this with amphetamine sulphate, but meth is more addictive, fiendish and long-lasting so I end up staying up longer than I intended. Benzos are good to have on hand, and taking them makes me resist the temptation to redose, but once I'm experiencing significant psychotic symptoms I find that I have to take such large amounts of benzos for relief that I prefer neuroleptics at this point.

Oh ok well thanks, yeah I feel fine I ate and slept a night so now I'm just dealing with having no dopamine lol. I wanna take a break cause I wanna feel euphoric on meth again...no matter what I do I can't feel good only get stimulated etc. I've taken a week break and still nothing before. I barely started using again like 1 month now and that's been on and off to. You thinks if I eat good for 2--3days and sleep like normal I might be able to get high again?

Hyperexcitability of neurons coupled with no rest, increased levels of dopamine, and a lack of food are all responsible for stimulant psychosis. The symptoms could be identical to symptoms of schizophrenia.

As you said take breaks for several days, eat well, sleep well, try avoiding binging on methamphetamine as it could be very harmfull in the long run, and you should be alright.

<snip - totally unhelpful, this is not the Lounge>

Last edited by a moderator:
^Please try and be polite to other users, other people's suffering should not be a source of amusement.

Ok so I slept for 8 hours last night and I plan on staying up tonight, I didn't make up all my sleep for 3 days but since I got some type of sleep do you think it's safe to go on 4 days?

I think you should eat well and sleep well for the period of time you originally intended to do so, not only to get the best possible results, but to avoid the same negative symptoms you went through last time. Distract yourself for a few days, excercise, read a book, or have intercourse.

Well I barely realized I'm on day 5 and the.effects are.fuckin horrible, everythings foggy etc

Well that's to be expected. Day 5 of what, you only stopped using methamphetamine yesterday.

Ok I need help guys, I cant.figure this.shit.out. Can I sleep tonight to recover cause i came down.but i still cant sleep..oi know I'll be able to tonight though or is that pointless cause.I'm depriving myself even more now by waiting? Wtf i feel like my visions gonna be.foggy and fucked.up forever..

psychotic symptoms mimicking schizophrenia are proposed to be caused by high levels of dopamine. could always try a dopamine antagonist such as seroquel.

All I have is daytime nyquil or idk some store brand. 50mgs dxm and 100 of guaf? could that.help? Milk? Idk but I can't function like this tomorrow..I ate a lil rock last night at like 1am its 11:20am now next day I NEED TO SLEEP...I WILL go through psychosis tomorrow i fuckin know it..ill be in the middle of street talkin to myself idek im just really stressing and.jm.out.of.it..I have my lil brothers party on Friday and I NEED TO BE NORMAL..I don't know how to recover cause I never let me self comedown from tweak prior I literally oded before i stopped. I cant sleep like 627282 hours to recover, it doesnt make sense i slept like 8 hours 2 nights ago I still woke feeling different...can u guys just tell me basically if islsleep at the least tonight like 8-10 hours will i.b normal..im on a 5 day binge at this point

Just stop using, try to eat a lot, drink a lot of fluids, when your up and running visit a doctor and get some hydroxyzine. It's an anxiolytic, sedative,and an anti psychotic.