• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding meth psychosis?

Alright cool, I just don't wanna lose my mind. Quick question though so If slept 8 hours at the end of 3 days did that Technically restart my binge? So instead of being at 6 days coming up I'm actually on 3? That would make me feel alot better cause i know my limits and 4+ days is where I used to lose it cause of how much meth I used to smoke.

Seems like you are having bad quality sleep from the high use of stimulants you been taking... been there. I used ssri's with sucess when things got really bad like this. For me benzos only work for comedown, not when the damage has already been done. Sleep meds and over the counter antihistamines may help too, as well as the anti psychotic above mentioned. Stay healthy, meditate, eat a clean diet, exercise and stay away from stimulants. You have to get good quality sleep to recover, imo.

If you stay awake for three days on methamphetamine, sleep for eight hours and then stay awake for another three days you're still binging on methamphetamine. In regards to if you've "restarted" your binge, well, that's academic at this point.

As many other people have mentioned, you need to take a break (that is, longer than a day. Shoot for a week...) from methamphetamine to allow your body to recover. Your sleep schedule will return in 1-2 days after you get that first night of sleep. Take melatonin right before you're about to go to sleep to help your sleep schedule reset.

Do not take more methamphetamine.

I SMOKED WEED AND.HAD SOME BUDWEISERS, IM GONMA SLEEP TONIGht!!! Man the marijuana.really got me high on this comedown, i felt like I was ON ONE, My heart was fucked but whatever I'll still sleep

If slept 8 hours at the end of 3 days did that Technically restart my binge? So instead of being at 6 days coming up I'm actually on 3? That would make me feel alot better cause i know my limits and 4+ days is where I used to lose it cause of how much meth I used to smoke.

It's two ways of viewing the exact same thing that happened. Look at it in the way you will view more positively as that's what you need right now. Take the advice you have been getting. Try some Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) perhaps if you don't have access to hydroxyzine, then just lay down, even if you don't sleep the rest is still going to do you better than being up doing things in this state. Hydrate as much as possible, chelated magnesium may help with getting over the harm your binge has done, and get any type of nutrition in you that you can keep down.

Best of luck, and I sincerely hope to hear that you are feeling better soon.

Dude if your so afraid of psychosis stop abusing the hell out of meth..

My Last dose of meth was 12+ hours..i still dont feel like sleeping..i swear to god if i dont fall asleep by 3-4am im losing my mind again

Can i take aspirin? Maybe that'll help for sleep a lil? I have drank a lil today

If you consume enough alcohol, since its the only thing that you've identified you can get your hand on, you should be able to sleep since its a GABA agonist. Don't smoke cannabis as it will exacerbate the symptoms of psychosis, and anxiety, especially under the influence of methamphetamine, or on the comedown. Don't fixate too much on the fact you can't sleep, busy yourself with something and the sleep will come blowing out your ass.

Also, don't go overboard with the alcohol, make sure you don't exceed the limits of your usual drinking.

I slept fuckin 20 hours haha feel good enough to tweak again. I'm only gonna dose 2 days max now ona bing. Keep it smart. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Man, just take it easy for another few days. You're only going to put yourself in the position that you were when you started this thread.

I just wanna eat a lil nice thick shard. Parachute that shit cause.I'm drunk and hopefully be FLYING ha

want some money on your books or for me to hold your shoe laces when you get locked up or go to the psych ward?

this is where I would end up if I kept up my meth usage. get some more sleep man.