• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Attention All Heroin Users!!!

What does it do to you for you to say it makes your quality of life much better? Are you talking about medicating self deficiencies or inadequacies? And what sort of specific positive effects does it give to the person (aside from the 'high' that one experiences from using)? 🤔
Well, for me specifically, heroin & other various opioids helped me get my responsibilities taken care of easier. A normal stone cold sober me would struggle to do something as simple as cleaning my house, let alone going to work & doing physical labor all day. Yet opioids gave me the energy & even the desire to do things like clean my house or make that phone call I'd been putting off & they also often gave me the ability to put in over time at work & to work harder, without having depression & anxiety weighing me down. Along with the physical pain that some times comes with having severe depression.

It also took care of my insomnia. And I found that when I had heroin/other opioids, I had absolutely zero desire to drink alcohol or partake in any other destructive drugs. It was only when in withdrawal or when I couldn't access an opioid that suddenly drinking large amounts of alcohol or downing a bottle of DXM cough syrup became appealing. So in a way, opioids treated my "addiction" by keeping my mind & body happy, so that I didn't desire or give in to taking other drugs (which were technically worse for my body, brain & personal life).

My anhedonia, depression, anxiety & lack of motivation was all treated by one single drug (or class of drugs I should say).
I went onto maintenance with buprenorphine treatment & haven't been able to use heroin or other full agonists in a few years now. And my quality of life is not AS bad as it would be without the buprenorphine, though I've seen it decline in ways such as, not having the energy to get things done, even simple chores seem daunting & I'll be internally bitching the entire time if I'm forced to have to do it lol, my depression has come back, along with insane anxiety, inability to work. Lots of physical aching & pains everyday, etc.. etc..

I was on full agonists from the age of 19 to about 30. And in retrospect, although life sucked in between scripts or waiting for the dope man, I can honestly say I functioned better when on opioids. One of my favorite things to do when I got heroin or my pain pills was to either exercise or put my headphones on & go for really really long walks. And I enjoyed every moment of it & just the sheer beauty of being alive. You won't catch me exercising or taking long ass walks now a days though. And if I do, I sure as hell don't enjoy it.

I still have no desire to drink, so I'll give buprenorphine credit for that. And my depression would be much worse without it too. But I think I'd function a hell of a lot better if I could just take clean heroin a few times a day. Instead the mental health system wants me on 25 different antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedatives, blood pressure meds, etc.. to treat my problems. And none of it does jack! :p

Obviously some people have negative experiences with heroin & opioids, but not every one is the same. And for people like myself, I think I should have every right to use what I want to make my life more tolerable & comfortable. It's the only life I've got. And I'd prefer catching "feelings of well-being & euphoria" every once in awhile over endless daily depression & agony.

I never once overdosed in all of those years either (probably cause I was educated in knowing the dangers of poly-substance use) & I'd have to say that drugs like alcohol (which is totally legal & even socially promoted) and drugs like methamphetamine, caused me more mental & physical damage than heroin or opioids ever did or even could.

There's a woman (actually I think she's non-binary or one of those things, but for the sake of simplicity, I'll be referring to her as a woman) on youtube that I watch some times who goes by "Of Herbs And Altars" and she had a positive experience with heroin, similar to me as well. I believe she's in the UK.

So I know I'm not the only one out there. lol Heroin & other full agonists equal to or similar to it, do have benefits for mental & physical health for some people.

Always a good suggestion but unfortunately in America you don't even need Fent test strips anymore. It's guaranteed to be fentanyl.

No need to get all 😡. I was just pointing out the reality of the US situation with a poor attempt at humor....sorry
Yeah, unfortunately you are completely correct. ☹️ Barely did a tiny bit more than usual and OD’d a couple weeks ago. I remember doing the shot and saying to myself, “That was stronger than I thought” and then waking up to a cop and two paramedics standing over me.

Well, for me specifically, heroin & other various opioids helped me get my responsibilities taken care of easier. A normal stone cold sober me would struggle to do something as simple as cleaning my house, let alone going to work & doing physical labor all day. Yet opioids gave me the energy & even the desire to do things like clean my house or make that phone call I'd been putting off & they also often gave me the ability to put in over time at work & to work harder, without having depression & anxiety weighing me down. Along with the physical pain that some times comes with having severe depression.

It also took care of my insomnia. And I found that when I had heroin/other opioids, I had absolutely zero desire to drink alcohol or partake in any other destructive drugs. It was only when in withdrawal or when I couldn't access an opioid that suddenly drinking large amounts of alcohol or downing a bottle of DXM cough syrup became appealing. So in a way, opioids treated my "addiction" by keeping my mind & body happy, so that I didn't desire or give in to taking other drugs (which were technically worse for my body, brain & personal life).

My anhedonia, depression, anxiety & lack of motivation was all treated by one single drug (or class of drugs I should say).
I went onto maintenance with buprenorphine treatment & haven't been able to use heroin or other full agonists in a few years now. And my quality of life is not AS bad as it would be without the buprenorphine, though I've seen it decline in ways such as, not having the energy to get things done, even simple chores seem daunting & I'll be internally bitching the entire time if I'm forced to have to do it lol, my depression has come back, along with insane anxiety, inability to work. Lots of physical aching & pains everyday, etc.. etc..

I was on full agonists from the age of 19 to about 30. And in retrospect, although life sucked in between scripts or waiting for the dope man, I can honestly say I functioned better when on opioids. One of my favorite things to do when I got heroin or my pain pills was to either exercise or put my headphones on & go for really really long walks. And I enjoyed every moment of it & just the sheer beauty of being alive. You won't catch me exercising or taking long ass walks now a days though. And if I do, I sure as hell don't enjoy it.

I still have no desire to drink, so I'll give buprenorphine credit for that. And my depression would be much worse without it too. But I think I'd function a hell of a lot better if I could just take clean heroin a few times a day. Instead the mental health system wants me on 25 different antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedatives, blood pressure meds, etc.. to treat my problems. And none of it does jack! :p

Obviously some people have negative experiences with heroin & opioids, but not every one is the same. And for people like myself, I think I should have every right to use what I want to make my life more tolerable & comfortable. It's the only life I've got. And I'd prefer catching "feelings of well-being & euphoria" every once in awhile over endless daily depression & agony.

I never once overdosed in all of those years either (probably cause I was educated in knowing the dangers of poly-substance use) & I'd have to say that drugs like alcohol (which is totally legal & even socially promoted) and drugs like methamphetamine, caused me more mental & physical damage than heroin or opioids ever did or even could.
Wow, that's a lot of words. Thank you for educating me about your personal experiences. People like you with all your experiences should have a voice in our society. And scientists especially the behavioral ones should also explore the personal lived experiences of cases similar to you coz (i might be wrong) I feel that researches as well as the innovations with regards to treatment are quite one sided.

Thank you again and I wish your kind soul to have a better life even though at times not. 🤗

just wanna say I'm 45 and been a h addict all my adult life I also suffer with really bad depression when sober I'm in the UK and my habit has fucked my life because of the legal status costing me my career 2 relationships 2 houses and strained other family relationships I only use once in a morning and once at night and whilst using an quite happy and able to function the black cloud is just blown away if I had been able to get proper heroin on script my life could have been so different and I would have remained a productive member of society instead I'm made to feel like a feeble useless piece of scum when even my psychiatrist told me 25 yr ago I wasn't a typical junkie I was a high functioning addict just a shame UK law/consensus hasn't caught up in time for me

I’ve abused heroin for about 8 years, been clean for almost 5 years in Chicago. There’s no such thing as “real” dope anymore in Chicago. It’s all xylazine and fentanyl and other cutting agents. Whatever your shooting up now a days is straight garbage for your veins.

Wow, that's a lot of words. Thank you for educating me about your personal experiences. People like you with all your experiences should have a voice in our society. And scientists especially the behavioral ones should also explore the personal lived experiences of cases similar to you coz (i might be wrong) I feel that researches as well as the innovations with regards to treatment are quite one sided.

Thank you again and I wish your kind soul to have a better life even though at times not. 🤗
Absolutely! No problem! :)
I appreciate you asking!

I tend to enjoy sharing my experience with people in hopes that one day it might change something & change how we view addiction & drug users altogether.
A lot of lives could be saved if we treated this issue completely different. Drugs like cannabis & diacetylmorphine (heroin) are "Scheduled I" drugs here in the US, which means they claim to have "no benefits to health", which is clearly not true. I'm afraid there's a lot of work to be done if we ever want to stop the drug war. Since I'm not sure what I can really do, I feel the best thing I can do in the mean time is educate people & share my experience & hopefully one day be heard. I'd like to see drug reform in my life time.

All the best! :)

I’ve abused heroin for about 8 years, been clean for almost 5 years in Chicago. There’s no such thing as “real” dope anymore in Chicago. It’s all xylazine and fentanyl and other cutting agents. Whatever your shooting up now a days is straight garbage for your veins.
Use to get my heroin from chicago too. Beautiful brown rocks.
My dealer went to prison for murder in 2019 though & I've since stopped. I some times wonder if it would even be possible to find genuine heroin anywhere anymore or if it's all this shitty fentanyl crap.

just wanna say I'm 45 and been a h addict all my adult life I also suffer with really bad depression when sober I'm in the UK and my habit has fucked my life because of the legal status costing me my career 2 relationships 2 houses and strained other family relationships I only use once in a morning and once at night and whilst using an quite happy and able to function the black cloud is just blown away if I had been able to get proper heroin on script my life could have been so different and I would have remained a productive member of society instead I'm made to feel like a feeble useless piece of scum when even my psychiatrist told me 25 yr ago I wasn't a typical junkie I was a high functioning addict just a shame UK law/consensus hasn't caught up in time for me
I feel for you friend!
Heroin by far has the biggest stigma attached to it & is probably one of the most misunderstood drugs. Opioids in general I'd say.
I know what you're going through though. Not every heroin user is a lazy scumbag. It was the system & society that failed you, rather than the heroin itself.

I wish you all the best!

Hate to tell you, but tranq (xylazine) can cause necrosis even from snorting.
That said, shooting it is insane. But I would think that you would notice if you were getting tranq in your h (or more likely fent), no?
I don't use h/fent but from all the stories I have heard it's pretty much an instant nap.

It's cut with xylezine. Which is a veterinary anesthetic. Unfortunately a side effect is reduced wound healing and skin destruction around the injection site

What does it do to you for you to say it makes your quality of life much better? Are you talking about medicating self deficiencies or inadequacies? And what sort of specific positive effects does it give to the person (aside from the 'high' that one experiences from using)? 🤔
I use heroin (free-base black tar on foil) for a couple years now and I medicate everyday to help kill my severe anxiety and depression.

I use heroin (free-base black tar on foil) for a couple years now and I medicate everyday to help kill my severe anxiety and depression.
and how are you now? I know, anxiety snd depression are really toxic, however, have uou ever thought of weighing the pros ans cons of using heroin as self medication?

Numbing chronic pain so I can work and earn money and not want to kill myself from high pain levels

If "addiction" is now considered a "disease", then why do people still get arrested for it? I can't think of any other "disease" that people are locked up for, but some how for 'addiction', it's acceptable?
I've had people tell me in so many words that the disease concept is 'better' than regarding people as morally flawed. That it's supposed to lessen stigma and make it easier to get help. Only it doesn't really work because when you're being forced into illegality just to use, there's the same stigma. Or even worse because you're being criminalized AS WELL AS pathologized.

Also leaves out all the moderate users.
Like when I was using heavily, had I still lived in Germany I could have qualified for a diamorphine script. Basically get rewarded with the good stuff for drugging myself into the literal gutter because apparently I'm 'sick' and just can't help it. Now that I've changed my habit and wanting to use safely and responsibly, the official attitude is I should just continue to risk my health and my life and somehow that's perfectly acceptable. In what world is that sensible.

There's a lot of us around. It's the illegality that fucks your life more than the stuff itself.

Drugs like cannabis & diacetylmorphine (heroin) are "Scheduled I" drugs here in the US, which means they claim to have "no benefits to health", which is clearly not true.
There is this general reluctance to acknowledge some substances have a dual use (ie both medicinal and recreational).

It's a very fixed mindset with a strong puritanical legacy that stipulates either something may 'legitimately' alleviate your suffering, OR it may afford you 'purely frivolous' pleasure, but heavens forbid it might do BOTH at the same time.

Last edited:
Always a good suggestion but unfortunately in America you don't even need Fent test strips anymore. It's guaranteed to be fentanyl.

No need to get all 😡. I was just pointing out the reality of the US situation with a poor attempt at humor....sorry
Is true though I live in northeast US, and it's all fet, sometimes with some heroin to give it some legs. But mainly fet of many different strengths.

Best stuff I ever had was called Heartbreakers. This stuff was 20 a bag and half was more then enough. Before this fet shit.