• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Attention All Heroin Users!!!

esoralzil

Greenlighter
I've been using heroin for over 15 years lately I've been getting lesions and swollen marks where I've used. I always use new needles and I know I didn't miss I think it's something that is in the heroin is this happening to anybody else and is there anyway to fix it or counteract it

I've been using heroin for over 15 years lately I've been getting lesions and swollen marks where I've used. I always use new needles and I know I didn't miss I think it's something that is in the heroin is this happening to anybody else and is there anyway to fix it or counteract it
I believe Xylazine is known to cause lesions at injection and that has been showing up more and more in North American dope. I call it dope cause in America it's not heroin anymore.

I believe Xylazine is known to cause lesions at injection and that has been showing up more and more in North American dope. I call it dope cause in America it's not heroin anymore.
Could be baking soda, baby laxative, Fent, xylezine... no way to know. I’d invest in fent test strips, marquis reagents etc

Where are you from? If you are in the US, it may be possible that there is xylazine in your heroin. However, if you are in the US it is also possible that there is very little heroin in your heroin, and other opioids (e.g. fentanyl) alongside xylazine are present as adulterants.

Xylazine is known to be deeply embedded in the US opioid market (mainly in fentanyl, but sometimes in heroin too). Friedman et al. 2021
Xylazine is known to cause skin ulcers and lesions upon injection. Is it possible that your symptoms match with these (I imagine in a lesser manner)? Malayala et al. 2022

I am not aware of any method to clean your product to get rid of the xylazine, but nonetheless you can send a sample to Energy Control in Spain for testing and then we can work based on what you have.

I know it may be difficult, but consider smoking instead of injecting until you figure out the reason for your skin lesions. If your heroin is adulterated with xylazine, these lesions will just get worse.

Where are you from? If you are in the US, it may be possible that there is xylazine in your heroin. However, if you are in the US it is also possible that there is very little heroin in your heroin, and other opioids (e.g. fentanyl) alongside xylazine are present as adulterants.

Xylazine is known to be deeply embedded in the US opioid market (mainly in fentanyl, but sometimes in heroin too). Friedman et al. 2021
Xylazine is known to cause skin ulcers and lesions upon injection. Is it possible that your symptoms match with these (I imagine in a lesser manner)? Malayala et al. 2022

I am not aware of any method to clean your product to get rid of the xylazine, but nonetheless you can send a sample to Energy Control in Spain for testing and then we can work based on what you have.

I know it may be difficult, but consider smoking instead of injecting until you figure out the reason for your skin lesions. If your heroin is adulterated with xylazine, these lesions will just get worse.
Well said.

Could be baking soda, baby laxative, Fent, xylezine... no way to know. I’d invest in fent test strips, marquis reagents etc
Always a good suggestion but unfortunately in America you don't even need Fent test strips anymore. It's guaranteed to be fentanyl.

No need to get all 😡. I was just pointing out the reality of the US situation with a poor attempt at humor....sorry

Last edited:
As has been mentioned it’s likely it’s something that has been cut into what you’re taking and you’re reacting to it but without some more info it’s hard to know. If it is something you’re allergic to in the cut you need to know that allergic reactions will increase if you continue to expose yourself to that allergen.

Where are you located? You don’t need to give us your address but are you USA, Europe, Aus, somewhere else?

Have you only been getting this reaction recently, as in, has it just been with this batch? Has this happened previously? Is it happening with every shot or just a few?

I’d probably add that it’s likely your immune system is low and you need to make sure you are taking extra care when prepping your skin for a shot. Wash your hands, use an alcohol wipe before injecting etc.

Make sure you note how the reactions develop, if you have any sign of infection like the site being swollen, hot, redness spreading more then you need to go to ER and get an antibiotic.

I’m dealing with this now and don’t know what to do. I work multiple jobs and have just been injecting to make it thru the day I don’t try to get high anymore and just inject some IM when I start to feel withdrawals. I can’t go ti treatment or get on a mat program due to my work and scheduling. The past week I noticed every time I injected the spit would become inflamed or instantly turn into a dark purple spot which is now becoming harder black spots and necrotic. I’m super concerned but not sure what to do next.

Uhhh...
If this is happening, the first thing you wanna do is stop injecting.
Seriously, I don't wanna sound condescending but what the hell is wrong with just using intranasal?
I used heroin for years & years & never bothered with trying to inject it because it kicked in within under 2 minutes intranasally, still had a rush & was just as satisfying.
Is getting high 1 minute faster worth losing a limb or dying of sepsis?
If you're injecting and it's causing abscesses and necrosis, then you should probably switch to another ROA if you're going to continue using.

Uhhh...
Seriously, I don't wanna sound condescending but what the hell is wrong with just using intranasal?
I used heroin for years & years & never bothered with trying to inject it because it kicked in within under 2 minutes intranasally, still had a rush & was just as satisfying.
If you're injecting and it's causing abscesses and necrosis, then you should probably switch to another ROA if you're going to continue using.
smoking it is even faster, and you don t get all the cut . But lots of people I know are as addicted to the rituality of ivving as to smack itself

I’m dealing with this now and don’t know what to do. I work multiple jobs and have just been injecting to make it thru the day I don’t try to get high anymore and just inject some IM when I start to feel withdrawals. I can’t go ti treatment or get on a mat program due to my work and scheduling. The past week I noticed every time I injected the spit would become inflamed or instantly turn into a dark purple spot which is now becoming harder black spots and necrotic. I’m super concerned but not sure what to do next.
Uhhh...
I think I’m addicted to the needle but I’m going to try to just walk away from it. I don’t do all that much. I don’t even know how to go another route as I’ve only ever done IV and IM.

I think I’m addicted to the needle but I’m going to try to just walk away from it. I don’t do all that much. I don’t even know how to go another route as I’ve only ever done IV and IM.
man, there is really no mystery, if it´s in powder form you can snort it as if it was cocaine while if it is in rock forms you can smoke it using a straw and a tin foil ( more than smoking you are basically "vaporizing"" it in a way) . You put a straw in your mouth, the smack on the tin foil and you heat the smack with a lighter under the tin foil and inhale the fumes Smoking, if done properly, hits you almost as if you were Iving so really is a no brainer for me. In terms of HR is the way to go if you still want to do smack . You can even find tutorials on youtube. Give it a try and be safe!

Last edited:
Get .22 micron filters and you will never have a leision or any mark whatsoever again. They also filter bacteria so you will never get cotton fever or sick from a shot.

What works?
I'd say legalizing & then having professional oversight to make sure people can access clean, safely dosed products would work. This would prevent a lot of deaths & would give people back the freedom of their own minds & bodies.

Prohibition makes drugs even more dangerous.
Nobody would probably care about fentanyl if they could access good diacetylmorphine.

And the psychological distress from arrest & being imprisoned can often be worse than the drugs themselves.
If "addiction" is now considered a "disease", then why do people still get arrested for it? I can't think of any other "disease" that people are locked up for, but some how for 'addiction', it's acceptable?

I'd say legalizing & then having professional oversight to make sure people can access clean, safely dosed products would work. This would prevent a lot of deaths & would give people back the freedom of their own minds & bodies.

Prohibition makes drugs even more dangerous.
Nobody would probably care about fentanyl if they could access good diacetylmorphine.

And the psychological distress from arrest & being imprisoned can often be worse than the drugs themselves.
If "addiction" is now considered a "disease", then why do people still get arrested for it? I can't think of any other "disease" that people are locked up for, but some how for 'addiction', it's acceptable?
Good point and it make sense. I am really rooting to do research on legalizing drugs. But it's gonna be heavy job then. 😔

I'm just curious to know... from your own point of view, if addiction isn't a disease, what is it for you? 👩‍🏫
I think it's more complex than a disease.
There's also a difference between dependence & addiction, but the two go together so they often get used interchangeably.
Some people use drugs & end up hating them & never touching a single drug in their life time again. And it's easy for them.
Some people use drugs & hate them & want to get off of them but struggle due to the dependence they can cause.
Some people like myself use drugs & find their quality of life is much better as long as they have access to them.

I could see the second scenario with the dependence at play being a "disease" (or lack of a better term).
But humans have been experimenting with altering their bodies & minds since the beginning of time.
Even animals in the wild purposefully get high on things. Are they diseased then? Or is it just a trait of living things to want to alter their reality or performance in some way?

Addiction can be negative for some & positive for others too. You can also be addicted to many other things besides drugs. And every single "addiction" has it's own risks, it's own consequences, etc... Things like gambling don't cause physical dependence though.

So this is why I think it's incredibly more complex than just a 'disease' & everyone's case might be different.
If we are going to call it a disease, regardless, then we shouldn't be locking people up for it either.

people like myself use drugs & find their quality of life is much better as long as they have access to them.
What does it do to you for you to say it makes your quality of life much better? Are you talking about medicating self deficiencies or inadequacies? And what sort of specific positive effects does it give to the person (aside from the 'high' that one experiences from using)? 🤔