• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ativan (lorazepam) -Poll-

#1-3 Is Ativan Recreational for you? #4-6 If you hallucinate off it, is it enjoyable?

• Definitely recreational, great benzo experience

Votes: 220 32.9%
  • Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

Votes: 316 47.3%
  • Didn't like it at all, not recreational

Votes: 132 19.8%
  • I hallucinate and enjoy that part of it the most.

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • I hallucinate but ignore it and have fun

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • I hallucinate and it's the worst experience ever

Votes: 19 2.8%

• Total voters
I didn't vote for anything because I don't think my situation was optimum for exploring the drug. I was recently hopitalized and given at least 3 shots of Ativan the first day I was there, but none of em had any noticable effects (Note: I do not know the doses of these shots).
Judging by these events I would say it's not recreational and I don't like it

Later I received two shots of Ativan and a .5 mg klonopin consumed about 5 minutes apart had me barely feeling anything. 2.5 hours later I was discharged and felt a little dizzy on my feet, but I didn't think anything of it, I totally forgot I had the ativan and klonopin in my system. A few bong rips later I was walking into the walls.
I can't judge it based on this because I can't tell which effects are from ativan and which are from the klonopin.

I would like to take ativan orally in any enironment other than a hospital. Then and only then can I give it an accurate rating

Ativan is a great to take to kick it with some buddies, especially if you spark up some bud too. 2-3 and some bud makes a night hella fun.

I took it once and it felt fantastic.

Every subsequent dose I have felt almost nothing at all.

I have some, but I take xanax... I never even tried the ativan,, but with my xanax tolerance of .5mg makes me feel good, what dose of ativan should I even try?

I'm not a fan, had 30 2mg pills a while back. I took 6mg and didn't feel much of anything, didn't even help my anxiety at all. I also ended up taking 20mg (10 pills), I never hallucinated and it wasn't even all that pleasant. I it feel like 6-7 beers, without the euphoria.
But note that no Benzo's really do much for me. I have to take 4-6mg's of Xanax to feel much, and I wouldn't even call it that really all that great.

I don't like any of it except it for sleep. I much prefer opiates.

i am on both valium and ativan

i prefer the ativan more as i've been on valium for a long time and started off at 40mg/day of valium for 5 months

did a 2mg dose earlier... all the vertical black lines i create have green counter parts that fade away.. and my pure white screen is swirriling around the top of the water when it boils... hahah what an wicked surprise

take ativan for chronic nerve pain and it is still effective. I got high initially like a euphoric feeling first time i took it,now i just get slightly dizzy when combining it with other sh*t. Overall it is a decent benzo and doesn't f*k up breathing like klonapin does for me. If i run for a few miles and take the shit i start to get high again and ive been taking it everyday for over a year.

I haven't hallucinated on lorazepam either.

I only trip on drugs like LSD, shrooms, salvia, 2c-_, etc.

I can't say I've ever hallucinated on lorazepam, what are they like? CEV or OEV?

Are they fullblown Hallucinations or just visual disturbances?

I'll guess it's CEV if people try to take lorazepam and try to consequentially fall asleep, but it could also be OEV if people take lorazepam to help with generalized anxiety, panic, etc.

Recently stumbled across a couple dozen 20 count blister packs of 1mg generic Ativan that I forgot I had.

It -certainly- does have an aspect of visual disturbances to it. This is definitely connected to sleep deprivation. Seems if I haven't slept in 48 hours or more, I get some very strange visual disturbances, directly connected to the consuption of Ativan. Changing of colors, strange looking pattersns, everything looking "off" and feels disproportionate. World feels dreamy. Would compare to low dose of Ambien.

I have consumed no benzo's for over six months, and I assume my tolerance is pretty close to nothing. I consumed 3mg total over an hour and a half period. Mentioned effects were noted ~1 hour later.

Good luck, world.

uh, I totally don't remember responding to this poll but apparently I did? LOL

Anyway, my answer would be that I abused Xanax and Klonopin for years before I ever tried Ativan. By the time I tried it I couldn't even get an effect off 10+ mg of Xanax and 12+ mg of Klonopins. I couldn't get a buzz off 300 mg of temazepam. I thought I was doomed.

Then I went to a rehab where they were actually willing to give me a benzo, and they gave me Ativan (2 mg as needed every 6 hours) so I got it every time I could and saved them. Taking 6-8 mg totally did the trick. I felt great on it!

I picked numero deux. I acquired a couple from work a while back and it didnt really do much, the zopiclone i've been given lately for WDs is better.

what kind of doses are all you people taking? People mention 0.5mg dose pills. Over here in the uk i've only ever seen 2mg pills.

How long does it take Ativan to kick in after eating on a full stomach?

After about 10-20 times, how long does it last?

After a few very low and one moderate dose, comparatively Ativan is like a non magical form of xanax. Its pretty effective for falling a sleep if you stay at the .5mg level though. Also I would also say Ambien is far superior and sometimes causes utter amazement. All these wonderful things have terrible histories of causing addictions (benzos have many accepted and beneficial uses known to save lives, and they rule), so I guess they tempting.

Is lorazepam synthetic? or considered an outdated version of something?

thank you

My favourite benzo is by far Bromazepam, but the tolerance goes up in only two weeks for me. This make me switch to Alprazolam or Clonazepam in the meantime. Then cycle repeats. two weeks of Alprazolam or Clonazepam, and Bromazepam again.

But now, and I mean, since some months, after switching from Bromazepam for a while, the first benzo I do is Lorazepam first, with a few Alprazolam (but really few, usually 4mg).
Lorazepam It is way more powerful than Alprazolam for me (even taken at the same time together) and very sedative like Clonazepam; plus, Lorazepam gives me a mellow feeling that reminds me of opiates - In fact I think it reminds me of opiates TOO much, I wonder why this is, it puts all my body just TOO comfortable to be an another common benzo ; It is also the only benzo that can really strongly slow my breathing without drinking - I love this, because im usually breathing fast (and the amount of alcohol I take with benzos is laughable). Lorazepam takes like 2 hours for me to feel the effects, sublingually.

Well, after this explanation, it always comes the COAW part (chill-out after work). I mix a huge dose of Wyeth's Lorazepam 2.5mg tablets (lets say 25mg) with 600mg Codeine, 1000mg Paracetamol and 250mg Naproxen all taken with grapejuice (in fact, because I like a lot the taste of grapejuice after sublingual benzos, I dont know if it really helps with the Codeine, do not help, or it doesnt do anything at all); sometimes I also take 50mg Diphenhydramine, or 4-6mg Alprazolam, sometimes I dont.

After a while, I end up nodding very hard, as if I have taken an stronger opiate. Alprazolam and Clonazepam are the only benzos that cannot make me nod, I do not know why. Would like to.
Even Diazepam, in laaaarge doses, also makes me nod sometimes with this amount of Codeine, but the effects are usually mild.
Alprazolam is excellent for WD of other benzos for me, and for achieving sleep; Clonazepam is THE BEST for controlling anxiety and panic attacks for me, also for listening to music (probably because it has the most powerful SSRI properties of all benzos?) and it could be recreational at large doses too, but it wiil not make me nod sadly.

Lorazepam is a very strange benzodiazepine. I remember when I first tried it, I thought it was like Diazepam but with a "square feeling", like it was too "opaque", its... really difficult to explain. I didnt like it back then.

But as time passed, and I mean years of abusing massive doses of Diazepam, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Bromazepam, Midazolam and Flunitrazepam, it is today that I can say that Lorazepam is on my top #3 of benzos, Bromazepam being #1 and Midazolam #2.
As a coincidence, Zolpidem works very good with me too (I know a lot of people that Zolpidem doesnt do anything for them). Zolpidem, Lorazepam and Meprobamate (well, this last one is obvious) are the only drugs that affect my motor skills in a powerful way, like making me difficult follow my walking pattern. I cant count how many times I have fallen on the ground, the TV, the computer, the bath, the fridge, etc. on these drugs.

A little offtopic, I have been abusing benzos since 3 or 4 years so I think I will have to live with for the rest of my life - I dont care anyway, I got a small skull fracture in my head when I was a baby and one year ago or so so I went to an hospitaI and ended up with a legally preescribed lots of Clonazepam and Alprazolam rx from a doctor. Today I just buy my benzos by myself, if you know what I mean, and they are not free, nor I have any discount anymore, but I can choose what benzo to buy, ask for a particular brand, and I can get 'the large box' whenever I want.
And, for the opiates, im probably gonna stop taking them SOME DAY, but will start again ANOTHER DAY, so its no big deal. I used to take Tramadol and the WD almost killed me (I remember the third WD of Tramadol - I was sweating cold in my bed, sleeping a little, using some Diphenhydramine for the SSRI thing because I was going cold turkey and I didnt want to seize... it was hell), but today I only do Codeine, Hydrocodone and a very few times Morphine, and I can say, the WD of these drugs are nothing like Tramadol WDs, so as I said, there are 3 months of continuous opiates use, then a month or two of none opiate/opioid, then another 2 or 3 months of continuous abuse again, and so on.

btw, I never got any hallucinations on Lorazepam, just some colors fading sometimes and some minor weird visuals like some object trembling for some seconds.

Last edited:
Ativan= i need about 8mg to get high
Clonazepam= 6mg
valium-50-70mg
Xanax= 4mg

so i choose ativan as meh, its alright