• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ativan (lorazepam) -Poll-

#1-3 Is Ativan Recreational for you? #4-6 If you hallucinate off it, is it enjoyable?

• Definitely recreational, great benzo experience

Votes: 220 32.9%
  • Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

Votes: 316 47.3%
  • Didn't like it at all, not recreational

Votes: 132 19.8%
  • I hallucinate and enjoy that part of it the most.

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • I hallucinate but ignore it and have fun

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • I hallucinate and it's the worst experience ever

Votes: 19 2.8%

• Total voters
ativan down by the river

I think the more experienced benzo users like ativan. There is an unlimited amount of receptors for it to fill (so u can take shit loads and get higher (not reccomended)), its ten times as potent per mg as diazepam, and it provides a wonderful sublingual nod.
ez,
sp0r

sorry for the long posts but I love benzos

sunset117 said:
I picked 2 but...

I dont like it by itselfs and alone idont think it has much rec value. But I like to mix it with opiates cuz I think its safer than Valium or Xanax, when its prolly not but w/e

Ativan is one of the most addictive benzos there is. It carries the compulsion to redose. Here is an article that will explain it -->click

A summary of ativan:
Lorazepam (also known by its brand name Ativan or Temesta) is a benzodiazepine drug with short to medium duration of action. It has all five intrinsic benzodiazepine effects: anxiolytic, sedative/hypnotic, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant, to different extents.[4] It is a powerful anxiolytic and since its introduction in 1971, lorazepam's principal use has been in treating the symptom of anxiety. It is a unique benzodiazepine insofar as it has also found use as an adjunct antiemetic in chemotherapy. Among benzodiazepines, lorazepam has a relatively high addictive potential.

Sorry for posting so much but when it comes to benzos I have alot to say. If I had my choice (and was aloud to stay on my clonazepam) to pick another benzo, it would be 2mg ativan 3 times a day, which I did, then I switched to alprazolam 2mg 3times a day, and regreted it. The bad thing about alpraz is smoking basically destroys the buzz, you have to multidose, and the withdrawl is atrocious. Post number 216 explains exactly what I feel about lorazepam. A good mixture FOR ME is lorazepam, chloral hydrate ( a small dose ) , and either restoril or soma. Dont take too much restoril (cyclobenzaprine) tho because it has a 72 hour half life, and you will have the worst cotton mouth you could imagine for days. And to add to my cocktail, if possible, a nice stamp bag or a couple hydromorphone 8's. TY

sp0r<3

Last edited:
Almost 30 years exp with BZD's

sp0r is actually pretty right about the addiction potential of lorazepam. Various other sources confirm it. For me, I'm scripted only 60 1mg/month and for it to have much real effect for me I would have to take 6-10 2mg tabs. That's on top of my regular 8mg of clonazepam/day

In my experience, I get probably the most acute wd/rebound from lorazepam out of all other benzos. I love midazolam, short acting as it is, but don't get any negative effects though I'm sure I would if I took 5X + the norm dose.

Lendormin is a tricky one. I won't take it on a regular basis. Good stuff though IMO.

Funny thing is, long acting chloros/nitros like nitrazepam and flunitrazepam will whack you upside the head if you're a regular, 10+ mg/day user (WD-wise, aside from 'brain marshmallow syndrome'. Oddly, clonazepam which is related to those is the easiest for me to stop using abruptly though when I'm not on a titer down. I need 8-10 mg/script of clon to have any real therapeutic affect by itself. No high, just keeps anxiety in check (unless I combo it with others, including from semi or opiate class).

Diaz I have to take min. 50mg for any effective effect though judicious use of nitrazepam or clon prevents any wd stuff.

Back to lorazepam, unless it's a practitioner setting with a generous IV dose doesn't do much for me positively. It would take a LOT of tabs, for me anyway, to get off on.

BUT, if phenibut is included that would be a different story with loraz or any other BZD. Anyone use phenibut? (probably a bump there)

It's been the same way with me with clonazepam. The best way? Well, others would have diff. opinions but what has worked for me at high levels is a several month down-taper along with a substitution with diazepam or nitrazepam.

Trick is REALLY take it light with the substitutions with these other long-acters. GOTTA do MINIMAL up taper with the smallest dosages. If you start replacing clonazepam with too high a dose with some of these other BZD's you will have double trouble. The titers are pretty much on mark when you experience a small but not uncomfortable effect. If you titer down too quickly or up with the subs you WILL have your nuts in a vice.

BTW, I take my clons sublingually too because the time to raise to steady-state, max plasma level takes too long for me to really have a regular schedule of any kind. The sublingual cuts the max plasma to what, about half the time? Something like that. Other wise, taking them orally needs an hour or two + for them to kick in.

I've also spread out oral dosages in smaller doses but at about double the frequency. For me, taking clons 6-8 times a day spread out has worked too---but you also have to take about 1-1/2 of the adjusted 'spread out' dose at night so that the plasma levels are good when you wake up.

I don't want to write a bigger novel but PM me if you want and I'll go more specific. Oh, and certain BZD's (esp. clons, nitraz, flunitraz) with opiates really juice up the opiates. Horse riders I've known strongly prefer one of these with opiates for the 'beyond nod' experience. For some reason, clon enhances the op effects more for most people I've known.

Subcutex (or any opiate, esp the hard shit and methadone) and a Z like zolpidem (or many BZD's WILL put you in a major zone. I'm surprised you didn't have an extended conversation with the seat in front of you (or a pigment of you imagine next to you) on that combo %)

sp0r said:
"...As far as the klonopin it used to be THE BEST. But i started taking upwards of 20 mgs a day with no effect.

Ok now a question. Can someone shed somelight on what is the best way to get high off klonopin? Because I have been taking it sublingually because for some odd reason I always think that is the way to go. And not wanting to waste them I never swallow them. Has anyone have any experience on if klonopin works better sublingual or swallowed?

One more thing, the only time I hallucinated off benzos or z drugs is when I was in rehab for over a year in florida, flew back home to pennsylvania, ate 6 ambien cr~s and a subutex and when i got back to florida everything was warping around and melting. I was nodding out and passing out l ike I was on heroin. The people at the 3/4 way house kept drug testing me but neither of the drugs would come up on their panel. I was fucked up for almost two days. Like if I would look at the stove it would start warping like it was made out of jello. Anyone experience this/

sp0r -_-

VolkeBobruysk said:
It's been the same way with me with clonazepam. The best way? Well, others would have diff. opinions but what has worked for me at high levels is a several month down-taper along with a substitution with diazepam or nitrazepam.

Trick is REALLY take it light with the substitutions with these other long-acters. GOTTA do MINIMAL up taper with the smallest dosages. If you start replacing clonazepam with too high a dose with some of these other BZD's you will have double trouble. The titers are pretty much on mark when you experience a small but not uncomfortable effect. If you titer down too quickly or up with the subs you WILL have your nuts in a vice.

BTW, I take my clons sublingually too because the time to raise to steady-state, max plasma level takes too long for me to really have a regular schedule of any kind. The sublingual cuts the max plasma to what, about half the time? Something like that. Other wise, taking them orally needs an hour or two + for them to kick in.

I've also spread out oral dosages in smaller doses but at about double the frequency. For me, taking clons 6-8 times a day spread out has worked too---but you also have to take about 1-1/2 of the adjusted 'spread out' dose at night so that the plasma levels are good when you wake up.

I don't want to write a bigger novel but PM me if you want and I'll go more specific. Oh, and certain BZD's (esp. clons, nitraz, flunitraz) with opiates really juice up the opiates. Horse riders I've known strongly prefer one of these with opiates for the 'beyond nod' experience. For some reason, clon enhances the op effects more for most people I've known.

Subcutex (or any opiate, esp the hard shit and methadone) and a Z like zolpidem (or many BZD's WILL put you in a major zone. I'm surprised you didn't have an extended conversation with the seat in front of you (or a pigment of you imagine next to you) on that combo %)

Sir i read some of your post and you know what you are saying. klonopin has a nitro ring or whatever just as nitrazepam and roofies.
Also when i od'd on ambien cr' i was talking to pepole that weren there. My tolerance is too high now tho because of benzos and I ate 4 and they made me feel opiatish. But that wore off now im like blah i can feel the ritalin again

I have been on & off of Ativan (Lorazepam) for years, just started again at the top of the year.

Used to be scripted 2mg X's 2 four times a day, currently on 1mg twice a day (with my other meds)...

But when I feel the need, Idose 2mg of ativan & take a good anti-hystamine.

It's pretty much what you get as a 'pre-med' & when done occasionaly is a rather pleasurable time.

Alas, I get tested by my PMD so I can't do it at all now :(

=============

I see people all over the forums who cry out against Ativan (& that group) but some of us cannot use anything else...

If your scripted it nowadays, it's for a good reason & not as in the past given out like candy.

Yup, WD is a bitch, but again, scripted & tested on a regular basis so getting to a point of WD due to abuse is not going to be a problem.

Two people in my family have perscriptions to Ativan, but I would only ever take it if I was extremely desperate to feel messed up.
I've taken it a few times and it always just makes me feel sort of drunk, heavy and tired.
The last time I took it, one of my friends convinced me that I just hadn't taken a high enough dosage and that it was very fun in high amounts.
We each then took about 12 .5mg pills and went shopping and to an amusement park.
I honestly do not remember either of these places but I remember wishing I could just go to bed because I was so tired.
No Hallucinations though, at what dosage do these typically happen?

GanjaBabe said:
Two people in my family have perscriptions to Ativan, but I would only ever take it if I was extremely desperate to feel messed up.
I've taken it a few times and it always just makes me feel sort of drunk, heavy and tired.
The last time I took it, one of my friends convinced me that I just hadn't taken a high enough dosage and that it was very fun in high amounts.
We each then took about 12 .5mg pills and went shopping and to an amusement park.
I honestly do not remember either of these places but I remember wishing I could just go to bed because I was so tired.
No Hallucinations though, at what dosage do these typically happen?

The hallucinations are for people who dont have high tolerances. If you have tolerance to benzo your hardly going to get high (and this is experience) and the whole benzo thing is mostly hype. What most people dont realize is they are taking benzos because if they miss their dose they are withdrawling. Any relief from withdrawl feels good. Hence nicoteine. If you have a lo tolerance however, its very possible. I was a huge junkie ate xanax bars and klonopin like they were pieces of popcorn and was on methadone for 3 years relapsed on heroin got addicted to Ketamine and Shards and hit rock bottom. Rock bottom sounds so cliche` but when your veins are perferated and your laying on the bathroom floor with blood pouring out of you as you try to find a vein that hasnt collapsed so you could shoot up your stamp bag and robbing family and friends for money, that is rock bottom. I went through it so I went to rehab. I was in a three month program (oh ya I forgot to tell you i was on subutex for a while before rehab). But before the three months were up I had my girl bring me some subutex and ambien cr`s. First I took less than a quarter of a subutex because all of my tolerances were gone, and I was nodding out like I just ate a fentanyl patch. When I ate all 6 ambiens, this is when the craziness started. I started hallucinating like crazy. Not like lsd hallucinating, but mostly visual and confusion. I turned on my stove for some reason which was electric and the burners glow bright red and they started waving around like they were rubber. This happened with basically everything I looked at. So I can see how people can get real high on small doses and maybe even hallucinate if you have a lo tolerance. My problem is however, I can hardly get high on anything. I just did 8-10 lorazepams, 2 8mg subutex iv'd in divided doses, took opiate potentiators (cyclobenzaprine, hydroyzine, diphenhydramine), I took cimetidine to make the 20+ mgs of klonopin I took last longer. And I am hardly high at all. Its very frustrating. I think once you do heroin in your life enough times, you really dont get high anymore. Pretty much the only things I can get blasted off of are hallucinogens. LSD always works, mdma to an extent, and suprisingly the one thing that ALWAYS gets me PHUCKED UP extremely is marijuana which is supposedly a "weak drug". If I take a big bong rip of some skunk #2/trainwreck strain nuggets, ill be high all fuckin day. Which i just did :p. I dont think i get a tolerance to weed for some reason but to everything else i do. I wish my tolerance would go away so I can hallucinate on the ambiens again, because it feels like your on heroin and 5meoamt (without the toxicity) at the same time.
Ok rambled long enough
Plur,
sp0r
some info on me :p
<3

I think most people eat benzos and go do regular activities and expect a weed or dope high. Benzos are complicated, they are for 2 things, laying down and chillin watchin tv or something, or mixing them because they increase effect of many drugs. Do at ur own risk

sp0r
ps- ativan is the most opiate feeling nod i ever had offf a benzo

My boyfriend has hallucinated from Ativan before. I never have. I find it very recreational, and it also (more importantly) helps panic attacks.

sonic said:
I picked choice 2: Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

I think ativan is great for theraputic usage, but it just isn't very recreational for me. It makes me relaxed and takes away all my anxiety, but I don't get the euphoria on ativan that I get while on valium, klonopin, or xanax. I also feel much less affected by lorazepam in comparison to the other benzos. I've never hallucinated on ativan, but I have hallucinated on xanax a couple times. It wasn't exactly fun for me. Nothing like a real psychedelic experience of course.

Shit you can definently make it psychedelic by smoking some cryp but and taking some norcos. Xanax, xanax xanax :O.

I really don't see what the deal is with people saying they have hallucinations off of lorazepam. I have had a prescription for it, and have abused it as well for a few years and nothing to that effect has ever happened to me. Personally I love it because its not as sedating as clonazepam, and is longer lasting that alrprazolam with great anxiolytic and euphoric properties.

I've tried benzo's a few time for "recreation" but I mostly use them for when I'm withdrawling from opiates to sleep.

I'm not a fan.

vonchampz said:
I really don't see what the deal is with people saying they have hallucinations off of lorazepam. I have had a prescription for it, and have abused it as well for a few years and nothing to that effect has ever happened to me. Personally I love it because its not as sedating as clonazepam, and is longer lasting that alrprazolam with great anxiolytic and euphoric properties.

I like your Yamaha emblem! ;)

I personally find Ativan to be a pretty good benzo - maybe it's just fond memories (an Aerosmith concert in 85 or 86) - 5 pills, (probably 5mgs and not 10, I had no tolerance back in those days), mixed with some good weed during the hour-long drive to the concert, no booze - I WANTED to stand up and wave my lighter during "Dream On", but I couldn't get out of my seat.

Probably a really close experience to X, just no energy to do anything about it - but I loved everyone that night... more recently, it still does a good job in therapeutic doses, makes me a little more loopy than xanax, and not quite as sleepy as Klonopin - it's also my favorite "hangover cure" benzo.

Everyone reacts a little differently to different drugs - I put lorazepam solidly in my "I'll take it if I can get it" category.

I saw the word lormetazepam a few times recently and I have to say that is one of the only benzos I have never heard of (that I know of:p) , can someone shed some light on to what kind of benzo that is? I have done most benzo's but that one and flunitrazepam. I find clonazepam and lorazepam to be the best.

IV lorazepam is the best benzo ever. It fucks me up and it last about 8 hours, which is a long time for an IV drug. course I was lucky enough to get pharmaceutical grade injectable ativan.