• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ativan (lorazepam) -Poll-

#1-3 Is Ativan Recreational for you? #4-6 If you hallucinate off it, is it enjoyable?

• Definitely recreational, great benzo experience

Votes: 220 32.9%
  • Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

Votes: 316 47.3%
  • Didn't like it at all, not recreational

Votes: 132 19.8%
  • I hallucinate and enjoy that part of it the most.

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • I hallucinate but ignore it and have fun

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • I hallucinate and it's the worst experience ever

Votes: 19 2.8%

• Total voters

lyserg

Bluelighter
Hey everybody, this is my first poll for this forum. This is BollWeevil's idea so I made it happen for him. This is a multiple choice poll.

People who halluciniate on Ativan (lorazepam), you can respond to only the second question, but you can do both if both apply.

For choince #1-3- Is Ativan (lorazepam) recreational for you?

Question 2 for choices #4-6 (For the people who hallucinate from lorazepam) Are your experiences with lorazepam unpleasant or still enjoyable?

Last edited:
I don't enjoy ativan. Its a boring drug, and it just makes me tired. No euphoria.

This poll is kind of confusing. Maybe these should be two different polls.

n4k33n said:
I don't enjoy ativan. Its a boring drug, and it just makes me tired. No euphoria.

This poll is kind of confusing. Maybe these should be two different polls.

Its a multiple choice poll. You should have two choices. If you dont hallucinate, just pick a choice out of 1-3. If you hallcuinate off of it, then you can pick 1 out of both of them.

I have had ALOT of lorazepam on many different occasions, even had it IV 1mg every 4 hrs for severe heroin withdrawls. I have never taken any more than 8-10mg at a time, but it wasn't too bad. Definitely nothing to rant and rave about in my book, but def. not garbage at all.

So I would put it between enjoyed it and meh.... alright.

I have never really heard of people hallucinating on ativan, is this very common? And at what dose do people generally start to hallucinate at? Lyserg, if the last question I asked doesn't belong here since you are trying to do a poll, just PM me if you would, I really would like to know about the hallucinations w/ ativan.

Nod

It's very common actually. It doesnt happen to me personally but I've talked to around 20 different people who hallucinate when they take it in moderate-high doses. With low doses its alot less common. Other people can chime in. Dont think that since this is a poll you cant share your experience. Remember to use the poll tho.

What is considered a moderate to high dose? Again, if you can't reply here would you PM me and let me know? Thanks

Nod

I don't like benzos much recreationally, but I will say that ativan does not fuck me up very much (which is why I love it for panic attacks or extra anxious times) at all. I definitely 'feel' much more affected on other benzos, ie valium/klonopin/xanax.

I've never hallucinated on a benzo, but I've only taken valium and klonopin in high doses.

I picked choice 2: Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

I think ativan is great for theraputic usage, but it just isn't very recreational for me. It makes me relaxed and takes away all my anxiety, but I don't get the euphoria on ativan that I get while on valium, klonopin, or xanax. I also feel much less affected by lorazepam in comparison to the other benzos. I've never hallucinated on ativan, but I have hallucinated on xanax a couple times. It wasn't exactly fun for me. Nothing like a real psychedelic experience of course.

I chose 5 and 6. Light doses of lorazepam i have slight visual disturbances out of the corner of my eyes.....usually i can ignore it. Anything over theraputic doses and it turns into a flat out horrible experience. The world takes on a dreamy aspect and the seeing out of the corner of my eyes gets worse.......i won't feel relaxed in the least , just paranoid and unsure about the tone the world has taken on. Also has a dirty chemical feeling to it for me ( like i just put something potentially damaging in my body )

Hoe many people on here are voting that they hallucinate, and then give bad votes in the "Do You Like Ativan"questions?

Anyone?

I love lorazepam personally, but I really don't have much experience with any other benzos. In the past when I took it occasionally, it was a nice relaxant and mood lifter that I could take and go out for a day and not feel too sluggish. I chose the first option for these reasons.

The mild hallucinatory effects only manifested near the end of the effects for me, and were unmistakeable -- definitely not placebo. Letters on a computer screen would trail off the monitor, and dots on the ceiling would organize themselves in logical patterns and swarms. Blinking would restore the objects to their original location. I chose option five in this poll.

It seems tha percentages are messed up. Add the percentages together, and you get 120%

headscratch.gif

BollWeevil said:
Hoe many people on here are voting that they hallucinate, and then give bad votes in the "Do You Like Ativan"questions?

Anyone?

I don't know any specific threads but i may have voted in a ativan thread....but i won't just vote i don't like it and leave. I make sure people know why i don't like it....and thats because whole hallucination thing.

I voted don't like it at all, not recreational. But then again, I don't find any of the benzodiazepines that I've taken recreational.

I've taken high doses of diazepam, aprazolam, lorazepam, and clonazepam. Never hallucinated. Like others have said, good anxiolytics and sedatives at therapeutic doses.

I'm in the meh..alright category. It does relax you but I would take (in order) diazepam,clonazepam or xanax over them anyday.

I could never get any recreational use out of it so i picked number 3.

I still like it better then xanax though. Atleast it doesn't make me feel like shit.

BollWeevil said:
It seems tha percentages are messed up. Add the percentages together, and you get 120%

headscratch.gif

Its not suppsed to add up to 100% Its a multiple choice poll. You made it yourself, its not anyone elses fault so I dont see why your upset with it.