• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Art Subthread] Psychedelic images

Cheers. May upload more. Some were created under the influence... most actually... of a psychedelic or stimulant. This one took me a a good few months. During this time I was backed, straight, speeding, tripping, dissociating while in my garage painting this umm.. artwork? Is quite a large work IRL.
va76BD1.jpg

Definitely captures the ketamine vibe quite well for me! nice work

^ To me it looks a little like a town of boxes inside of a lady's box... if you don't mind my saying

^ To me it looks a little like a town of boxes inside of a lady's box... if you don't mind my saying
The viewer is entitled to from whatever opinion they wish once an artwork is placed in the public space. If you think it's a bunch of boxes inside a vagina you have an excellent imagination!

This is such an awesome thread. The drawings are glorious, especially on a psychedelic I presume. I'll be trying it out this weekend.

next animation, sadly a lot of quality was lost when uploading. need to find a solution for that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-QTW_9-MU

First, love this thread.

Secondly, the solution to that problem would be to encode the video with a codec that is already used by youtube. H.264/AVC is probably what you'll end up using for this. Next make sure the video itself conforms to an HD resolution (I'd go for 1080p which is 1920x1080). This allows you to avoid having the video re-sized which will distort it and force it to be re-encoded by youtube. Youtube will re-encode for the lower resolutions anyway (720p/480p/360p) but it tends to do an okay job if you give it a good 1080p source video to work with.

As for encoding the video itself you'll want to use x264 and will want to use the more high quality settings/presets. You're basically setting it up so you won't lose all those small details that were turned into a sea of blocks in your link. Digital video works by throwing away any data it can to save file space. It does this by getting rid of areas in a frame that remain static over many frames in the video. The encoder itself isn't able to see all that minute movement because it's so similar to everything around it. So it's throwing out all the small details in your animation.

I've messed around with digital video since the late 90s. If you'd like some help shoot me a PM.

Last edited: