• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Art Subthread] Psychedelic images

15064701302_d5e3cf4731_o.jpg

Clearly not mine, but one of my favorites. :)

4u0K4ec.jpg

Credit: Android Jones.

Last edited:
^ Ahhh you don't need technical skill just practice and a twisted mind. Hell even just rough sketch, scan and photo shop is your bitch! Try a few experiments. Just fractal shapes, scan and modify on whatever digital media package your running. Have you experimented with taking photo's yourself with a nice quality digital camera and incorporating them into the fractal patterns? Different images convey different emotions. So capturing a flower open with morning dew still on the petals will create a more positive emotional response than a tombstone for example.

Then superimpose the patterns over the photo. I'd fade and blur the majority of the actual photo image but the tombstone/rose would be highly visible then I'd apply the fractal patterns as if it was covering my peripheral vision but leave the central image recognizable but colored with the various patterns bordering the image. Juxtaposition (placing of images objects in an artwork that contrast) is also of import in this example the sudden focus on an identifiable object in contrast to the patterns. I noticed you did this well with an image of a child's head?

Last edited: