Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters
some good news. i would rather see Arrested Development stay on a network so to keep the creative parameters consistent, but if Showtime is the last hope, then that is better than having no show at all. ABC seems to be all about hitting the younger audience with all things critically-acclaimed, so it might be a good match. FOX, on the other hand, has had a string of crappy dramas, and it's easy to see how Arrested Development doesn't fit in with garbage like Reunion.

===

ABC and Showtime Pursuing Arrested?
Source: Variety December 14, 2005

Fox still hasn't officially canceled Arrested Development, but if it does, other networks are interested in the show, reports Variety.

Both ABC and Showtime have had conversations with 20th Century Fox TV and indicated they're open to making a deal for new episodes of the critically beloved, Emmy-winning comedy from creator Mitch Hurwitz. No formal negotiations have taken place, and there are still numerous hurdles that might prevent such a move -- including the show's hefty pricetag.

Showtime is said to be in particularly hot pursuit of the ratings-challenged comedy, now on life support at Fox. Series' third-season order was recently cut to 13 episodes.

The trade says that Fox has already deficited millions in order to produce the show, which costs about $1.6 million per half-hour to produce. It's believed Fox deficits about $400,000 per episode.

last four episodes to error in a two hour block on Feb. 10

===

FOX screws Arrested Development. Again.

Posted Jan 13th 2006 7:07PM by Bob Sassone

It's official: FOX hates Arrested Development.

How else to explain this scheduling decision? They've scheduled the final four episodes to run in a 2 hour block (so far, so good...) on Friday, February 10...against the opening night of the Olympics. [Insert heavy sigh here.]

This is bad on so many levels. First of all, even without the whole Olympics thing, it's a Friday night, one of the least-watched nights of TV during the week (next to Saturday). And it's also up against NBC's coverage of the Olympics opening ceremonies. It's as if FOX said, "you're a really funny, high quality, critically-adored show that we won't support, and now we'll kick you in the genitals!"

I can understand cancelling a show because it doesn't get good ratings. That's a business decision (though I would think the network would understand the value of critical success, fan fervor, and buzz). But why do they treat the show like it has cooties and they have to keep it away from other shows, or hide it like it's they're embarrassed by even having it on the schedule?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/01/13/fox-screws-arrested-development-again/

Well, in their defense it's the season finale and not the series. Big difference. May contain some spoilers.

Linky

`Arrested Development' ends season, not series--yet

January 14, 2006

Put the "Arrested Development" deathwatch on hold--again.

Fox announced Friday that the much-loved (but low-rated) comedy will have a two-hour season--not series--finale on Feb. 10, the night that NBC will air the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Fox cut "Arrested Development" down to 13 episodes in its third season, but the network has not officially canceled the show. If it does, other networks are reportedly interested in bringing back the Emmy-winning comedy.

In the Feb. 10 finale, Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) finds out he may have a long-lost sister, Nellie, who'll be played by Bateman's real-life sister, Justine Bateman.

Meanwhile, Michael's brother, Gob Bluth, played by Will Arnett, joins a USO tour and takes his magic act to Iraq, only to end up in prison there.

well, given the amount of commitment they've shown to the series so far (this year particularly), i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the series finale, whether they call it that or not.

Come on, michael! Say it with me, "my glass is half full, my glass is half full!"

Michael, I was wrong. Fox screwed Arrested Development

Fox showed all four of the final episodes last Friday night opposite the Olympics.

All it did was say that the final episodes were "coming soon". Fuck Fox.

i only wish i was wrong. to be honest though, i quit watching, figuring it would just be an easier time to buy the s3 dvd when it comes out and not have to bother with their assinine schedule changes and the chance of accidentally seeing the crap known as prison break.

I missed the entire season when it aired originally. So just last night I watched the first half of the 3rd season. Fucking hysterical. I don't usually like Charlize Theron that much but she was so fucking adorable in her episodes. Also, I was really happy to see the return of Annyong. Does he have a role in the last episodes too or was that just a little tease?

Tobias: Can I interest you in a smoothie or an amyl... Michael!

Dr. Fünke news...

David Cross will defiantly be appear in this season of Scrubs, and if it all works out he will be playing Tobias Funke. Braff claimed that Cross loves the idea it's just a matter of getting the business part out of the way.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/24413

“Well, the one person who I haven't worked with is David Cross,” of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT fame, Braff explains. “I want David Cross to come on as Tobias. I'm trying to broker that deal” for the actor to reprise his ARRESTED role as the sexually confused Tobias Bluth on the Emmy-winning Fox series, on which Braff guest-starred, but not as J.D.

“I think that it would be so funny because I love [the Tobias character] -- I want him to have at least one more life,” Braff says with a laugh, although he may have to pull some strings with the powers that be to accomplish it. “There are a lot of people that have to sign off to have him to do it in character,” he adds.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=3393

At the gym yesterday I was flipping channels and saw Arrested Development on the one called G4. I think this is the gamers channel so I'm not sure why it's on there but regardless... I'm going to check out the times. :)

I watched all of season 3 yesterday and it surpassed all expectations i had for it. I am very very sad that there will never be another episode to watch. But, I do feel that they ended it well. And the ep where buster teaches everyone the lesson about not using one armed people to teach lessons, classic

I saw the Gob segway on ebay recently FROM CHINA.