• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Are your parents racist, and how do you deal with them?

My grandfather hates everyone that isnt white. I just dont give a fuck im not racist i like different cultures. All my good friends are from different nationalities

I just realized tonight at dinner that my girlfriend's grandmother is not exactly racist, but just incredibly stupid and delusional or something; we were talking about African Americans, and how, in her opinion, they were freed some 200 years ago and so now everything is equal and fair to which I replied, something to the effect of, "yeah well we've freed them, but if things were truly so fair and equal then maybe we'd have more African Americans for our neighbors and they wouldn't be living in crime-ridden inner cities."

She got pissed and then went on to talk about how when she was a nurse, all of the nurses (white) got along with all of the nurse's aids (African American) just fine... which only served to further my point, in my opinion at least, by illustrating the second class citizenship of African Americans then and now. (shrugs)

So yeah... my girlfriend's grandmother is kind of delusional and stupid and unknowingly prejudice.

my parents are pretty racist now that I think about it, but much more negatively and standoffishly than I am. They would rather just not even associate with other races, whereas I still do I just have no qualms about making fun of them.

It's only a big deal when you make it a big deal, and it's usually done by people who have no real reason to be offended in the first place. Know why there aren't many white people jokes? Because nobody acts offended after hearing one.

kind of ruins the fun of being racist, when the other party acknowledges you are right, and just doesmt care. It won't ever go away until everyone is mixed ethnicity and text speak is the national language.

I just realized tonight at dinner that my girlfriend's grandmother is not exactly racist, but just incredibly stupid and delusional or something; we were talking about African Americans, and how, in her opinion, they were freed some 200 years ago and so now everything is equal and fair to which I replied, something to the effect of, "yeah well we've freed them, but if things were truly so fair and equal then maybe we'd have more African Americans for our neighbors and they wouldn't be living in crime-ridden inner cities."

She got pissed and then went on to talk about how when she was a nurse, all of the nurses (white) got along with all of the nurse's aids (African American) just fine... which only served to further my point, in my opinion at least, by illustrating the second class citizenship of African Americans then and now. (shrugs)

So yeah... my girlfriend's grandmother is kind of delusional and stupid and unknowingly prejudice.

Hah yeah one of my grandmothers is very much like that. I think some people just geuinely haven't bothered to think any of these issues through and are just sticking with what they were told many decades ago...with no chance of changing their mind since they won't actually think about the matter. Kills me :|

My Mum is very racist in her own way. She's no sieg heiling nazi or anything, but she's constantly complaining about the number of black people over here, she reckons the place is overrun. She knows no black people, and in my experience that's actualy quite a common thread with racists.

Hah yeah one of my grandmothers is very much like that. I think some people just geuinely haven't bothered to think any of these issues through and are just sticking with what they were told many decades ago...with no chance of changing their mind since they won't actually think about the matter. Kills me :|

It's true. I had no desire to even further the conversation with her because, y'know, she's old and there's just no changing her mind I'm sure; and there's no reason to try, even, as I'm sure that she herself isn't racist but just doesn't understand what she's talking about.

I just find it hard to believe because it's so incredibly obvious, the situation, that is... I mean, how is it that this woman can look around at the world, the same world that I live in, and say, "yep, totally equal now" ? It boggles my mind, but, I guess that it's just her age and her experiences in life that lead her to see the world in this way and lead her to these conclusions where as I, despite not being exactly young anymore (I'm 25), see the world somewhat differently; maybe if I had lived through the whole civil rights/segregation thing and all that, I might look around today and go, "yeah we've come a long way... we're there, baby! this is equality!" when in fact it's great progress, sure, but it's not quite equality.