Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are You An IV User? v. Dont Forget To Micron Filter

Are You An IV User?

• Yes

• No

• Used to be

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, the "high" would have to be similar, but the "rush" would most likely not be similar at all. In other words, an hour or so later after each drug had been administered, I would imagine that the effects and the feeling, the "high" each user feels, would be so similar as to be indistinguishable. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they've done studies on such a thing and this was their observation. that IV heroin users could not tell the difference between IV heroin and IV morphine.

I've had both IV many times and in my experience after the morphine rush is over, I don't get any type of high from it. After the heroin rush it leaves me with euphoria, warmth, and a nod if I'm lucky. Morphine for me is just a really intense pins and needles rush followed by absolutely nothing.

Nope. I don't need a MORE compulsive route for the drugs I like; I'd rather be high than get high.

ebola

I put the needle down for good when I was 19, so a few years ago now. I was speedballing meth and heroin together, and prior to that I was addicted to heroin IV and it did nothing but ruin me.

I have enough drug issues as it is now and if I were to pick the needle up again it's game over. No thanks to that.

verso said:
But because heroin's two additional acetyl groups (making it "different" from morphine) act as a sort of propeller and allow for what is essentially the morphine molecule to travel through the blood brain barrier with much greater ease and much quicker, well, one would think that morphine would not have the same "rush" as heroin; and so there you have it, the only real difference between the two drugs.

This is essentially correct. The two additional acetyl groups on heroin make it more lipophilic, and thus able to cross the BBB barrier more rapidly. Once in the CNS, heroin is de-acetylated quite rapidly, producing morphine, and thus causing essentially the same effects. This process is rapid enough that it doesn't present the same lag seen with other prodrugs. However, the two drugs should have distinct peripheral side-effects (I think...I don't know much about possible deacetylation outside the CNS).

ebola

I've had both IV many times and in my experience after the morphine rush is over, I don't get any type of high from it. After the heroin rush it leaves me with euphoria, warmth, and a nod if I'm lucky. Morphine for me is just a really intense pins and needles rush followed by absolutely nothing.

I've shot both dope a lot and morphine a decent number as well. My experience with morphine IV was pretty much the same. Crazy pins and needles to the point that it was uncomfortable followed by..... Not being sick and feeling somewhat sleepy/sedated. Not so great. IV heroin, OTH, is spectacular.
Maybe there's some degree of placebo effect but it certainly seemed legit real.

Poll up, since I think a lot of people who voted "no" on the last one may have changed their answer. I certainly have.

Still shooting, have been off and on daily for about 5 years now. I mainly shoot pills and heroin and my veins are mostly shit by now... I can't wait for the micron filters I ordered a few days ago get here already! I've been broke and out of micron filters for a short time and though I should stop when I'm out of filters, I don't.. I know it's bad :(

Last edited:
Still shooting, have been off and on daily for about 5 years now. I mainly shoot pills and heroin and my veins are now mostly shit by now... I can't wait for the micron filters I ordered a few days ago get here already! I've been broke and out of micron filters for a short time and though I should stop when I'm out of filters, I don't.. I know it's bad :(

Don't worry man you can do it!

As for me, I would never intravenously inject myself with anything regularly.

still No other than in hospital settings.

even with a clean rig and filter i think i'd still be too scared of fucking something up, a phlebotomist i am not.

With speedballs you also need to be careful of the coke - people forget that. especially if you have no tolerance to coke. start small. a coke OD is an awful way to go.

I used to IV. Started snorting for a few years, went to IV for a year and a half, then back to snorting - yes, i'm one of the few who successfully went back to snorting. However, after years of snorting, I picked up a needle again this past December. Only a few times though, had issues hitting myself (veins are shot) and decided you know what, it's not worth it.

But yes, if you don't mind spinning the roulette wheel and hoping it doesn't land on DEAD, the most incredibly pleasurable feeling I have ever had (besides sex with someone you love) was a good speedball.

well can you let me know which to get please ? im in a bit of a rush here

With speedballs you also need to be careful of the coke - people forget that. especially if you have no tolerance to coke. start small. a coke OD is an awful way to go.

I used to IV. Started snorting for a few years, went to IV for a year and a half, then back to snorting - yes, i'm one of the few who successfully went back to snorting. However, after years of snorting, I picked up a needle again this past December. Only a few times though, had issues hitting myself (veins are shot) and decided you know what, it's not worth it.

But yes, if you don't mind spinning the roulette wheel and hoping it doesn't land on DEAD, the most incredibly pleasurable feeling I have ever had (besides sex with someone you love) was a good speedball.

X 2. For me anyways, IV coke and heroin is the sunrise to my soul. There is a reason they would give the two simultaneously to people with terminal disease (the brompton cocktail). Not just for pain, but so that the families of dying could see their loved ones happy for one last time. I don't want to glorify it, but it's so good it can put the life back into someone who is near death. It can also take away all the life you have within you, even if it doesn't kill you. The speedball ruined anything remotely pleasurable.

Have been IV'ing opiates and cocaine for about 2 years, sometimes daily, but now i've only IV'd for about 5 or 6 days in the last month. Have never used micron... although i most certainly should.

I shoot to thrill.

I've shot lots of morphine and heroin. I like morphine better...more sedating and less gets me off sick (money wise)

Don't start shooting...ever. My veins are ugly. And painful.

I shoot to thrill.

I've shot lots of morphine and heroin. I like morphine better...more sedating and less gets me off sick (money wise)

Don't start shooting...ever. My veins are ugly. And painful.

I second that! It's very embarrassing to show my arms in public, but fuck it.
Yes I am a IV user, the first time I got a taste of the needle I was 17 in a dirty McDonalds handicapped bathroom stall with a woman I looked up to as my mother in her 50s. She IV'd almost everything and I had no clue on how to do it so I asked her if she could shoot me up because I didnt know how. She refused many times saying that it would ruin my life and that I would end up hating her and it would be her fault that I would soon become a junkie (it would of happened anyways) But It was ultimately my decision and she finally did it for me. I do not hate this woman, I have not seen or heard of her in years, she is probably dead. But it was my choice and if it wasnt her that shot me up in the first place someone else would of.
I IV dilaudid, and now I cannot stop, methadone isnt working for me either so :/ I do not know what else to do I wish I could stop but I love that damn rush every time!