• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Are there women here that will accept introverted psychos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we are changing is the environment in which a person is housed. Someone assigned the status of criminal is largely superficial if we are going off sociological factors. Despite the institutionalized nature of incarceration, aren't we still assessing an individual?
No. Being a psychopath does not mean you are violent. That is a dangerous assumption.
If you'd study a high functioning psychopath in society instead of an inherently violent one, you'll get two very different people.
If you only conduct studies on violent psychopaths, what is your conclusion? Psychopaths are violent!
I'm interested though to find out what would studies on psychopaths in the general population be like. How would they be different? Wouldn't it be the same? What would be done differently?
Of course it wouldn't be the same. Do you honestly think everyone diagnosed with psychopathy are pathological and violent, like criminal psychopaths?

Just like neurotypicals, some are violent, some are not. Some are anti-social, and some are not.
Nuances.

The biggest difference between a "normal" psychopath and a neurotypical, is that they don't reason with emotions. They are not guided by sentiment.
They do not love like neurotypicals do because they lack the chemicals. That doesn't mean they don't see value or appreciate people.

Or so I've been told.

Last edited:
No. Being a psychopath does not mean you are violent. That is a dangerous assumption.
If you'd study a high functioning psychopath in society instead of an inherently violent one, you'll get two very different people.
If you only conduct studies on violent psychopaths, what is your conclusion? Psychopaths are violent!

Of course it wouldn't be the same. Do you honestly think everyone diagnosed with psychopathy are pathological and violent, like criminal psychopaths?

Just like neurotypicals, some are violent, some are not. Some are anti-social, and some are not.
Nuances.

The biggest difference between a "normal" psychopath and a neurotypical, is that they don't reason with emotions. They are not guided by sentiment.
They do not love like neurotypicals do because they lack the chemicals. That doesn't mean they don't see value or appreciate people.

Or so I've been told.
Mate, if you read all of what @imo_incolae posted, they actually went in to that in great detail. They seem to actually know their shit about psychopathy, and not just Hollywood-esque serial killer psychopaths, which is cool :)

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread still exists lol.

Ted Bundy clips were appearing for me on YT the other night and I couldn't even look at them. That guy was a sick freak.

I haven't read all the stuff written on psychopathy but if you want to see the heart of a sadistic psychopath, watch the bathroom scene in Snowtown.

Going to prison has helped me tremendously. I learned not to be so quick and impulsive all the time.

I can be quiet and violent. You won't see me coming. Like an owl 😊
Are the big wide eyes and the amazing ability to turn your head almost 365 degrees part of the act?
Going to prison has helped me tremendously. I learned not to be so quick and impulsive all the time.
Interesting. I can imagine the environment helped you to see yourself in a different way. Also, the prison system itself reflecting everyone else's behaviour back for all to see and how that impacts how they get by in prison, both in terms of their relationship with prison staff and with other prisoners.

What sort of situations did you encounter that made you change the way you acted?

Nuances.

Or so I've been told.
I don't think all are violent but I do think pathology will always be present. I don't think we should discourage that because you can't make someone into something they are not and expect good results. If someone for example is incredibly emotionally sensitive (think a really empathic person) and part of their therapy was to deny this area of themselves completely, they would soon crumble under the weight of ignoring a very important part of who they are. Likewise and psychopaths, you wouldn't seek to remove the traits, you would instead seek to work to make them functional and socially advantageous while through psychoeducation teach them about behaviours that will hinder them. As with the former example, you seek to turn the emotional sensitivity into a functional capacity that if anything transforms the person with such a strong affinity to emotional sensitivity into a superpower.

Same with autism. You wouldn't seek to remove the traits because that would be futile and also destructive. You instead channel all the potential in these traits into something that enables the individual to flourish and utilise their traits for beneficial purposes while educating them on mitigating the behaviours that lead them down darker paths. Whether that is channeling their capacity into extremely nuanced interests or utilizing their creativity and ability to project a vivid imagination into a physical accomplishment etc.

My question would be; how would you differentiate the two groups of populations in terms of evaluating their behaviour and then formulating a system that defines them in their separate environments? How would you cater to the population who are psychopaths who are not in prison nor convicted of any crime?

Well this one time, this younger inmate/patient smacked a book on top of my head and I just told him to stop. He was a real punk. Talking to me like he wants to go into my cell to steal my canteen. Then I think he got the heads up when the other inmates told him about my kidnapping crime. He got all nice to me and shit. Oh and also, the guards were real assholes. I try to ignore them as much as I can. One time, I didn't want to take meds, I threw it into the trash bin, he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to thre bin and made me fish the pill from the pin and eat it. But we got him back.

AND you got a CO back? ummmmmm and hurt another CO? often when a crime is committed other CO`s will..... oh gosh, nevermind billy bad ass

Well this one time, this younger inmate/patient smacked a book on top of my head and I just told him to stop. He was a real punk. Talking to me like he wants to go into my cell to steal my canteen. Then I think he got the heads up when the other inmates told him about my kidnapping crime. He got all nice to me and shit. Oh and also, the guards were real assholes. I try to ignore them as much as I can. One time, I didn't want to take meds, I threw it into the trash bin, he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to thre bin and made me fish the pill from the pin and eat it. But we got him back.
What the shit is this shit

This one time, in the psych ward I mean prison, someone stole my juice money, so I walked over to him, I walked RIGHT up to him, and I gave him a real piece of my mind I tells ya! And then I poked him with a broom for lookin' at me sideways! He'll think TWICE before considering planning to steal from me again!

It sounds like there's been a few times you could have responded or better still, reacted, to things and chosen to handle things better. Not letting those experiences define you and being the better person is always the best decision even when it seems you don't get any credit. It still builds character. Its those private victories that no-one else sees or acknowledges that make you a better person. As they say, most progress in life is done when no-one is watching

Status
Not open for further replies.