• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

are satanist/devil worshippers real?

I would consider myself a LaVeyan Satanist. Whom believe in individualism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality.

from wiki: Unlike Theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are Atheists, Agnostics and Apatheists who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature.

read the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.. it'll put somethings into perspective

we don't sacrifice goats or virgins if that's what you mean lol

Satanism is really complicated. Many groups identified as Satanic by other groups are not Satanic. When a group does identify as Satanic it can mean many different things.

http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/varieties.html << Here is a short comparison of some different groups.

A lot of people are attracted to Satanic symbols and art without having a defined Satanic philosophy or spirituality. Some of the attraction no doubt comes from horror films at times.

Satanic ritual abuse proponents, and believers in Satanists as underground perpetrators of ritualistic crimes make many claims about Satanism which are not even remotely provable. There were a lot of destructive moral panics in the 1980's about Santanism.

I would consider myself a LaVeyan Satanist. Whom believe in individualism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality.

from wiki: Unlike Theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists are Atheists, Agnostics and Apatheists who regard Satan as a symbol of man's inherent nature.

read the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.. it'll put somethings into perspective

yep.
what ever makes you happy...

the first satanic bible though, i thought that was found before LaVey.?

i dont consider myself this, but it has always been paramount in my life in many ways, since, fuck 6 or 7 y/o, and on.
i just cant believe in any religion.

Anton just happen to call it that... in no means was it the first book on the subject

okay.

haha.
ive read, and now feel like reading some more of his stuff.

yeah~ what Swerlz said is the only actual answer, IMHO, anything else is sensational, "HelterSkelter".. heh.
but far more interesting in this more realistic, explanatory sounding sense to me.

I got my first copy of the LaVey SB when I was 16.. Opened my eyes/mind to something that wasn't considered the "norm" in today's society... i guess that's what drew me towards it, and the also the goofy looks/questions people ask me when I'm reading it out in public places... heh

^ you like to feel different and attention you get and thats what the whole attraction is for you, isnt it?

^Touch cyncical, eh? ;)

I've no interest in LaVey and his money making nonsense. It seems that individualism is really the -ism that he promotes and that is self-explanatory. The Temple of Set is probably the offshoot that is more "true".

I don't buy into an "eye for an eye". It sets up a duality of thought that would "blind the world". I don't agree with "turning the other cheek" though; that just means both cheeks are hit. Morseo, I think you should engage your intellect when faced with opposition. Who's to say which side of the mirror is real?

I find theistic Satanism intriguing. The Order of Nine Angles is one such group, as is the rather childishly name "Temple of The Black Light", but the beliefs of the latter draw a lot from kaballah, the Qliphoth, chaos magick/chaos theory, anti-cosmicism, Pan/sun worship...Satan is generally used as a metaphor or the principal antagonist of the modern world. Most groups of theistic Satanists would agree that the devil is more a symbol; but that there are real, true, dark-gods.

My own occult practise/interest has ties with lucifer, but lucifer in the sense of light-bringing, morningstar, etc. Enochian, which is a glyphic/alphabet, is used by both dark magicians and light, even though Enochian is thought to be the script of angels.

Nothing more ridiculous to praise evil or good. In the realm of philosphy, good and evil are non-dual and have no existence beyond idea. All forces of good can be turned to evil and all forces of evil can be turned to good; they, by existing, deny their own existence...

^Because Satan is considered the opposite of "good" in the worlds decadent judaic/christian belief system. Or, at least, the symbol for the opposite of everything abrahamic beliefs hold as "right".

If you claim to worship Satan/the Devil, you (by default of the worlds christian mindset) you support all forms of cruelty, evil, savagery, etc. This blind statement is held untrue when you consider the violence of almost all the abrahmic religions, but that viewpoint is held by a lot of people.

There is also the rather strange fact of christianity at least; the One and Only God (who got split into Three, but thats another story...) has an adversary in The Devil. If there is One God, how can there exist anything remotely similar?

Its a common misperception that satanism is about evil. It can be, but so can Christianity.

As said, my own views point to the entity known as Lucifer as being the one of great power; Prometheus, Venus/the morningstar, a symbol of light; perhaps a symbol of enlightenment- but still a symbol, nonetheless.

The various schools which accept beings such as satan/the devil/kali/lucifer strike a chord with my heart; abolish duality, accept One reality. People may think it as weak to give into base desires, but its part of being human...

I dont know much about it but Im pretty sure the twighlight series plays some significant role in the religion as a whole.

Long ago....35 years ago I asked God to SHOW ME HE EXISTS!

Well it didnt take long before weird things started happing.

The pastor of thE lutherin church asked my buddy to watch his place for the weekend...so..PARTY!!

We went in and partied the place down!

went thru all the meds in the bathrooms...searched all his shit untill.....opps!

found a huge old locked trunk we broke the lock off....and whata ya know...this pastor was the LEADER OF THE DEVORE COVEN OF SANBERDO! cali!

found all the sacrifice pics...everything!

so my buddy kept alot of blackmail shit and the next day my other friend OD on the phenobarbs he took...

the cops got involved..this guy lost his pastor ship and proceeded to one by one try to kill each and every one of us..

see tho....buy that time GOD had his plan for me.....

Before long I ended up losing everything and going back to the parents place...in the national forest.

one day a voice woke me up and called me into the woods while it was raining...

the voice said bring my word....I SAW MY MOMS BIBLE and grabbed it and walked deep into the forest and getting wet.

the voice said stop...READ!

I started reading..and noticed it was raining around me but not on me...and the voice said look up!!

thru thousands and thousands of feet a hole into blue sky was above me...

scared i ran home....only to know without a doubt THERE IS A LIVING GOD.

^A creative writing exercise I assume. It has several elements of camp fire stories I was told 30 years ago. In any event making a pitch for Christianity in a thread where people are exploring Satanism should go over as well as a testimonial for Satanism in a Christianity thread.

In other words start your own thread if need be but no more pitches for Christianity in this Satanism thread. Its disruptive and unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do thee' think about divination; letting the bones lay; realizing and moving forward at all costs.?

is this a service to yourself, asking and receiving?
or a service to something else, asking and being told?

^A part of me thinks that humanity is too insignificant for external events to have subjective meaning for (and ONLY for) an individual- like astrology. Why would suns, millions of light years away; be able to dictate some great truth to a person? But then- perhaps its not the stars align for us, but that we align with the stars...Humans are excellent at interpreting patterns, but our overwhelming sense of self generally skews this ability- we look for meaning in the external without questioning whether it is the external creating meaning FOR us.

All I know is that ceremony/ritual is incredibly important to spirituality. A time passed wherein I thought ritual to be pointless; like a puppet show; but I see it now as a main ingredient in concocting mystical awareness. I've no time for the christian god/hoax, but a catholic mass is as transforming as a occult rite. All rituals, be they astrology/divination/healing/eucharist/meditating allow the Shapeshifter to breach the humanimal constraints.

"When the world of glass shatters, a shapeshifter appears before You"

i feel with divination, its chance, we our involved in our own intentions, but those involved are not always ours to chose, or out comes along the way;prices. we may not even see what we want or wanted to achieve or receive at all -- with this self satis-faction being possibly part.
there must be some chance to ones fulfillment, sacrifices.

OnTopic, and in trance.

something:
to the poets: musicians; to the moon; to madness; to those brave enough to live life as it should be lived~
SomeThing
Higher Beings
Command:
Their Power To
The Ground

Last edited: