• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Are lsd flashback actually real

Yea
They have the same mechanism of action as THC, they just produce a stronger effect with it. I have personally hallucinated and become delusional from smoking cannabis, and I know others who have as well; it's just a matter of finding those who are sensitive to it.
When I was younger in my teens I use to get CEvs from weed but don't anymore not matter how long I abstain from smoking

I SOOOO wish I had access to LSD.

I even more wish I had shrooms but pretty soon if i get a new place that's bigger I'm going to try to grow shrooms and hopefully that changes.

Its been about 15 years since I did shrooms and about 20 since I did acid. I never get to trip and so my main drug use is kratom, phenibut, booze, etc. It's even been years since i smoked weed.

Plus, I'm on Lexapro and Klonopin so many (or all) psychedelics are dulled for me, some dangerous or impossible to take but LSD and Shrooms are still safe and will work I just need a higher dosage.

I know some RCs would work and I've had people on here specifically recommend that 4-ACO DMT could be good for someone in my situation on those drugs but I haven't ever ordered RCS and I just don't know that world.

I'm not literate when it comes to the dark web and I want to stay off it, so I don't know...i want to try ordering RC psychs but I'm wary of the dangers of getting something tainted, getting caught, etc...maybe someday...I wish I had an actual real in-life friend who was into ordering them to help me bridge the gap.
Yea mate you should deffo grow some shrooms I've done it before really easy tbh and a cool hobby in my opinion shrooms take you deeper and are more of an inner journey lessons to be learnt type trip where as lsd just feel like my my consciousness is amplified allowing me to tap in to higher consciousness also synthetic cannabinoid are are a lot worse than natural weed as synthetic cannabinoid s are full cb1 and cb2 receptor antagonist and that doesn't happen with natural cannabis which makes it dangerous

Yea mate you should deffo grow some shrooms I've done it before really easy tbh and a cool hobby in my opinion shrooms take you deeper and are more of an inner journey lessons to be learnt type trip where as lsd just feel like my my consciousness is amplified allowing me to tap in to higher consciousness also synthetic cannabinoid are are a lot worse than natural weed as synthetic cannabinoid s are full cb1 and cb2 receptor antagonist and that doesn't happen with natural cannabis which makes it dangerous
I never have and will NEVER touch any of those synthetic cannabinoids. Weed is a soft drug and those things are seriously like as dangerous as Meth, crack, heroin, etc. HORRENDOUS WD symptoms, can cause seizures and all kinds of horrible stuff. I was watching an episode of that show "I was a Teenage Felon" about people who, well...were teenage felons lol...and some guy sold them as a teen so I heard some stories. There was one about a girl who literally took one hit of a synthetic cannabinoid, her throat closed and she died. That was it. I don't think that's necessarily the norm but the fact that it even can happen is scary. I mean to think they really came about cause of weed's illegality and now this horrible shit exists. Thankfully we just legalized it in New York where I am with dispensaries coming next year. I look forward to being able to get strains I couldn't before, hopefully ones less likely to cause anxiety cause sometimes that happens to me and is a reason I don't use it all that much anymore but I used to be a complete stoner.

I don't have flashbacks, that's all nonsense. Although there are moments where things will remind me of a trip I had and I'll go off daydreaming about it.

I never have and will NEVER touch any of those synthetic cannabinoids. Weed is a soft drug and those things are seriously like as dangerous as Meth, crack, heroin, etc. HORRENDOUS WD symptoms, can cause seizures and all kinds of horrible stuff

Spice, as it's called here, the synthetic cannabinoids... they made me lose my mind. Not like psychosis, but my actual mental health deteriorated rapidly while using it. Luckily I didn't have any withdrawals. My friend that came off of it at the same time as me had serious withdrawals, to the point that he was once admitted to the hospital, though I forget exactly what his symptoms were. He would get so fucking high to the point that he'd just sit there, piss himself, and sit in it for hours... and because I was fucked up on the shit too, I was pretty much powerless to do anything to help him.

I sometimes get flashbacks to an AL-LAD trip where I went psychotic.
It’s difficult to explain but sometimes I’ll suddenly feel like I did then, I then understand what I was trying to do, and WHY. Then it fades again and I can’t remember the ”what” and “why” anymore. I’ve had it happen multiple times on subsequent trips and even fully sober. It’s like my vision and hearing changes, I hear the chaos around me and inside I’m thinking “of course yes” and I get the urge to say/scream some of the same words over and over again. But I’m obviously not psychotic then and I can think more clearly on it. But it still fades and I’d be hard pressed to explain it all.

One of the main themes in my psychosis was going from trying to prove that I am not a useless piece of shit to realising that I don’t have to prove anything to anyone since I am my own human and at the end of the day I only have to look myself in the eye. Something from deep shame to realising it’s all OK. In flashbacks I’ll feel that sort of shame again, like there are many around me laughing and scolding at me and I‘m desperately trying to get out of there.

Idk anyone who has had a real Flashback, ie started tripping hard without dosing.

However me and several friends have experienced a feeling identical to the threshold of a lsd exp.
Like the metalic taste and a slight bodyload, usually its very fleeting and passes in a few seconds.
I esp get this in early spring just when the sunshine hits after vinter.

Maybe its my body sensing the festival season 😅

It’s difficult to explain but sometimes I’ll suddenly feel like I did then, I then understand what I was trying to do, and WHY. Then it fades again and I can’t remember the ”what” and “why” anymore. I’ve had it happen multiple times on subsequent trips and even fully sober. It’s like my vision and hearing changes, I hear the chaos around me and inside I’m thinking “of course yes” and I get the urge to say/scream some of the same words over and over again. But I’m obviously not psychotic then and I can think more clearly on it. But it still fades and I’d be hard pressed to explain it all.

One of the main themes in my psychosis was going from trying to prove that I am not a useless piece of shit to realising that I don’t have to prove anything to anyone since I am my own human and at the end of the day I only have to look myself in the eye. Something from deep shame to realising it’s all OK. In flashbacks I’ll feel that sort of shame again, like there are many around me laughing and scolding at me and I‘m desperately trying to get out of there.
PTSD can cause flashbacks like that, where you feel and think the same way you did during the trauma that caused it. Drug induced psychosis is incredibly traumatic, regardless of how severe it is. Maybe you've got yourself a case of PTSD?

the only LSD flashbacks ive ever had were within about 3 days of my last trip....nothing ever beyond that

PTSD can cause flashbacks like that, where you feel and think the same way you did during the trauma that caused it. Drug induced psychosis is incredibly traumatic, regardless of how severe it is. Maybe you've got yourself a case of PTSD?
Maybe, no idea. I don't think about it much, and I was never particularly anxious about what happened.

I'm not necessarily convinced it was an acid flashback either. I can't say I know what it was. I can say that on weed alone I've never had an actual visual hallucination, though I have had a couple of auditory ones when I was a new smoker like weird sounds or the very first time i got high at age 17, a melodic tone in my head.

I'm one of those people who has always been sensitive to tripping on cannabis, and I've only gotten considerably more so over the years, so it's very easy for me to envision how it might go for others even if they don't normally experience it and weren't expecting it. For me it turned out to probably be in part because I have natural mental health issues, but I think it's also important to address the fact that, as you touched upon with trauma, it's very possible to have those kinds of issues and not know it, but that won't make you immune to getting stronger drug effects because of them. People are often dismissive (not accusing anyone in this thread, however) of effects that are caused by health issues - like in the case of cannabis, sensitivity to psychotic reactions or life-threatening cardiac events, saying things like "Oh, they were already going to go insane eventually." or "They clearly shouldn't have been doing drugs if they were unhealthy." - to avoid placing blame on the drug, but people with those problems are just people too, and may very well not know they have those problems, and consider themselves just like anyone else who doesn't, and thus any of us could be them, and those effects would not have happened if those people didn't use the drug, which makes them exactly as much real drug effects as any other.

Yea

When I was younger in my teens I use to get CEvs from weed but don't anymore not matter how long I abstain from smoking

I've known a lot of people to say something similar. For me it's more complex than that, it can actually make me hallucinate quite vividly, though it depends a lot on my current sober state too. I deal with dissociative issues as well as something that seems a lot like mania though it hasn't been diagnosed yet, and when the cannabis comes in, it can sometimes really unleash things and push it to a truly hallucinogenic level, but particularly if my tolerance is low. I normally smoke every day and it's not strong enough to be much of an issue. I could also just be sensitive in general however, as I've known others to also trip hard from it without knowingly dealing with similar cognitive issues.

I once knew a kid who tried nitrous oxide from a balloon for the first time and came out of it saying that he thought that there were a lot of people around him all mocking him for not doing drugs correctly, lol.

What you describe definitely sounds like a real flashback. The shame you describe sounds fitting for a traumatic event too, not that I can simply diagnose you, but it's believable to me.

Maybe, no idea. I don't think about it much, and I was never particularly anxious about what happened.

For what it's worth, people often don't consider their own traumatic experiences to have been traumatic. It's one of those things where from the outside you might tend to think it would seem fairly obvious, but from the inside, you can feel like you barely feel different at all, and you might even end up in therapy not because you think you have a problem, but because other people do. Dissociation is the response to intense trauma and it thus dampens your feeling the trauma, so you can think you're just handling it well, when really you're just too dissociated to notice. That's not necessarily the state you're in, but, having flashbacks does suggest that you're dissociating at least a bit in relation to those feelings.

I find that my memory works contextually, and associatively, not like computer of video at all.

often I cannot remember a person's name, and it can be terribly embarrassing. I almost always remember faces.

While stoned or emotional or just waking from sleep I can remember stoned experiences easier.

I usually need cues on more than one channel to be served up with a strong memory that is out of context.

Bump to a not recently responded threat but, I believe acid flashbacks are real. I'd put them in the same class as something like HPPD. Once at a party when I was 18, this kid "JJ' who was 16, I watched him have a "flashback" twice (first time was a party, 2nd time just chlling with him and a few others). On the looked completely dead. In the 2nd, a great look of fear came over him, he looked at his hands in confusion, then covered his face with them, as if he'd lost close relatives suddenly or something. It was just the snap of a finger, he was gone for a few minutes, and proceeded to throw up. He hadn't had any alcohol prior to this, we were all taking turns freestyle rapping, just baked. So the first "flashback" he just sort of passed out for awhile. The 2nd, he just looked so incredibly afraid. But he got through it, made sure he was good and smoked a J, he was vibing then.

I think the whole "crack your back thing" is 100% a myth. But yeah, I think they're possible especially with an underdeveloped brain. Although, after a massive DMT dose last year, a few days or maybe a week later I woke up and suddenly, I was tripping, for about 15 seconds. I considered it to be a flashback. Otherwise with other psychedelics I've just had HPPD. Not the visual snow type, just wobbly letters or I'll see mild fractal patterns sometimes.

Actually I bought a kaleidoscope the other day and after using it, it almost like, re-enabled that lol. Strange, though a shroom trip I had over 2 months ago still has me sort of visually altered in the sense that because I so so many ghostly figures and skeleton faces, I might see that suddenly in the carpet or on a stained wall. It's not scary or anything, more fascinating. The trip was quite bad though. The set and setting were far from ideal.

Anyway yea, I think at least some people may experience something like this in different forms or not at all, or HPPD visual snow type stuff. I know for sure I had a DMT flashback, though, just waking up tripping again all the sudden. Maybe there is something to DMT and dreaming, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of connection. It almost makes more sense, but what I witnessed with JJ seemed very much like flashbacks, they were so absolutely out of nowhere sudden.

This!!!
It's very very possible to have an intense "imprinting experience" of any kind in any situation if it has an intense or profound enough effect on you either positively or negatively, it's extremely possible to re-live the experience in a manner thsts very much like how some people are reporting flashbacks...but I've even experienced sonething similar to this from intentionally putting myself through some pretty extreme psychological/emotional/ physical trials and even from extremely intense dreams.

Dunno about flashbacks but I have constant visuals. There's an acronym for it, HPPD. I think that's right anyway.

If I close my eyes, depending on levels of weed in my system and my stess or lack of it/state of mind I can be having full on half a tab of acid closed eye visuals while trying to go to sleep.

I suspect I am actually having this with my open vision too it's just not intense enough to notice much or im so used to it after many years that I can't tell the difference of what the world should actually look like. Like being colour blind.

I can't say for exact certainty what did it but I suspect it was an ungodly dose of shrooms I did when I was around 20(10+ years ago).

I don't even know what that dosage was, but it was too much. Normally a small 'fistful' of shrooms is a 'dose' in my experience. Or half a regular 250ml cup, with shrooms loosely in it. This mega dosage was.. 10x that? Maybe more. Potentially 15-20x and I'm not joking. Didn't help that they were dried and I never had dried before. Didn't know how much they shrink. Time fully stopped, the trip felt like several centuries maybe thousands of years. It was very hard not to kill myself as time had just stopped, it didn't exist anymore and I had grown into an old man a hundred times over across the galaxy with various alien friends. My tripping friend also wanted to kill himself at one point, we both had the same dose. Neither of us have ever been suicidal before or after but we both heavily considered it during that very intense trip.

It was definitely a learning experience and we both were a bit traumatized by the event. Neither of us wanted to trip again anytime soon. My friend still has never tripped since that day but I have a bunch. Mostly shrooms a couple times a year at most but acid in recent months.

So yeah flashbacks no, in my opinion probably don't exist. But perma tripping, yes. I believe what I have could definitely be worse, but I don't know what dosage or the chances of it happening would be. It doesn't bother me, and it isn't something I think about regularly. Only sometimes will I make the connection 'oh wow these visuals are cool.. Oh yeah that's not meant to happen' when going to sleep but it's never kept me awake.

I do have a super power of spotting tiny things though which may or may not be from this same condition. Like needle in a haystack would be something I could do at a competitive level.

I took a few green gels one time before the July 4th fireworks, and when walking back about 2 hours into the trip I cracked my neck while looking at a traffic light. Then a few years later when I cracked my neck (sober) I saw that traffic light for a second and instantly knew when it was from

I've never had any other sort of flashback, and I took a lot for a few years there. Probably close to 1,000+ over a few years. Like 2-4 every 3 days or so, and not a single flashback other than that one time

The whole cracking neck/back thing has been proven to be a myth, but some swear that it happens to them. One thing I know, though, especially after doing DMT for a month straight last summer, if I close my eyes and crack my neck I'll get some visuals, so there has to be something going on. Hell, if I even look through a kaleidoscope for a bit, I'll start getting mild fractal visuals, closed eye mostly. A strong dose of shrooms has altered my physical perception of a lot of things as well, like I'll look at a rug and see little faces. I think it's pretty cool but uh, yeah, don't do DMT every day for a month lol.

Yah i remember quite a few times would get flashes 2 or 3 days later after the weekend while at work.Some lasting brief seconds to i dunno maybe 10 seconds.Always kinda put it down ....its getting out of system lol.Never had any flashes like weeks months or years later

No flashbacks here in this sense. Likely was fearmongering by the authorities who also pushed the bad trip narrative.

I entered the hallucinogenic world without a fear, but the imaginary notion I needed to be prepared to be buying a newspaper in 2046, suddenly I'm unable to pay as I'm struck by an overwhelming replay and reverberation from one of my inter dimensional trips in 2021.

I never have had this fear. I'm not afraid of being run over by a train, or kidknapped by terrorists, but both are possibilities which I feel I am right to at least be mindful of.

When 25 years and likely half a gram of LSD later, it's been confirmed to me that there is no risk of the so called flashback as it was presented and projected into my imagination as a teen.

Age 14 or 15. School class drugs education.

We all learnt how dangerous LSD was, including the very real danger of having active replay flashbacks one day, any time out of the blue.

Like the actually taught us this! Tried to make us fear the flashback.

I do object to this lie quite strongly now looking back based on principle.
If there's someone who can objectively say that this is a myth is autotripper. Never heard of anyone take such large doses of acid and have an impecable cognitive function, intelligent mind overall. I call bs from the government, they just don't want normal ppl to wake up.

I SOOOO wish I had access to LSD.

I even more wish I had shrooms but pretty soon if i get a new place that's bigger I'm going to try to grow shrooms and hopefully that changes.

Its been about 15 years since I did shrooms and about 20 since I did acid. I never get to trip and so my main drug use is kratom, phenibut, booze, etc. It's even been years since i smoked weed.

Plus, I'm on Lexapro and Klonopin so many (or all) psychedelics are dulled for me, some dangerous or impossible to take but LSD and Shrooms are still safe and will work I just need a higher dosage.

I know some RCs would work and I've had people on here specifically recommend that 4-ACO DMT could be good for someone in my situation on those drugs but I haven't ever ordered RCS and I just don't know that world.

I'm not literate when it comes to the dark web and I want to stay off it, so I don't know...i want to try ordering RC psychs but I'm wary of the dangers of getting something tainted, getting caught, etc...maybe someday...I wish I had an actual real in-life friend who was into ordering them to help me bridge the gap.
Shrooms are the shit. I just tried shrooms for the first time yesterday and it was such a mystical experience.

If there's someone who can objectively say that this is a myth is autotripper. Never heard of anyone take such large doses of acid and have an impecable cognitive function, intelligent mind overall. I call bs from the government, they just don't want normal ppl to wake up.
Lol. Thanks mate. I was in real considerate thought about you yesterday, I haven't crossed your path v soon I would have gone checked your posting or pm, I have been having some extraordinary and testing experiences of late, but ridiculous pain and complication, juggling coals 24/7.

I appreciate your always pure honest words of support.

It takes two to know. But I always hoped we could build up those two's, but they seem few and far lol.

Actually I used LSD proactively to kind of fast track my assimilation and process, digestion of so many effective hours of regular speed lifetime conscious living development, affirmament of the self.

Particularly with languaage speech writing, if I want!

LSD can be used again, proactively to speed some things up in the brain mind imagination,

That's exactly what Syd Barrett knowingly did from late 65 probably to inspire the early freakish creations.

He was a victim to life though, the uncaring really, swinging 60's and dark music cult, corporateness hangers on.

So he never got to tell his tale. It's very important to me that drugs don't ever make riding a bike like a forklift re speech and ability to express communicate speak etc.

So few years ago I actually set about using LSD mindfully to fully secure like mapped out securely my speech etc.

It worked v well from the off. And after really maxing it out since, certainly irt direct speech I see no nor feel any impairment restriction or difficulty in this department.

It's pretty secure with flex to dismantle and restore in whatever order.

Exstacy is a different story though I believe. I never struggle for words, but that would bring it about. UNLIKE...LSD lol!

Because it totally doesn't harm the brain.