• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are certizine and diphenhydramine like antipsychotics in causing stimming beh

I am feeling better now that im listening to makeup tutorials because they are calming i think i was beating myself up trying to go too hard too fast and ignoring any signs of my health suffering as weakness and a need to go harder. I know this doesnt make sense but its frustrating when your a 21 year old and you are cognitively ok but you feel weak. I think i take so much antihistamines because it makes me feel fearless like i took 6 benadyrl and it made me go from shaking and a emotional mess to a cold calculated animal. I cleaned my room ,blasted gansta rap and hardstyle, hung up my drawing i drew in bed when i felt too sick to move around. I actually had a pictures of girls in the background when i worked and i wanted them and i was able to make a list and excute it and act aggressively in my room meaning like push it till i was sweating and feel confident i feel uncomfortable but i can grind through this and i even did chores around the house i never do now the effects wore off and i dont feel so angry anymore but i feel alot happier because i feel like i could get out how frustrated i was and like i did something and i have earned being able to rest.

I was actually able to contribute to my family for 6 hours instead of feeling like im shaking or in pain. It made me feel numb so i could do tasks even if i had no emotions and a masked face.

"would say that it is indeed fairly sexist to type-cast women as needing "something in their mouths"."(1)

1. I agree I dont believe this however, i feel like my logical brain believes one thing but my deeper more animal brain keeps wispering in my ear.

"I'm not a woman and that sort of thing still irks me. " (2 )
2. I agree but like it has nothing to do with woman and its more i feel like im not man enough so im deeply insecure about doing anything that isnt overly aggressive and "male" in public but as soon as i close the door i act totally differently. Like around people i listen to death metal and alone i listen to lana del ray.

"The dry-mouth that you're complaining of is also a tell-tale sign. For the record, using antihistamines as recreational drugs is generally not considered to be a safe or advisable practice. " (3)

(3) Good point. Antihistamines block na ion channels mACh receptors and hERG all of which can cause sudden fatal heart problems and severe dysfunction in the parts of the brain that control behavioral control, inhibition of aggression, memory, and complex thought.

You know, there's a substance that agonizes nACh receptors, that counters the anti-cholinergic action of dph. Are you taking too much tobacco, and countering it with dph, or vice versa? Maybe cut back on both?

I think im kinda doing the opposite of a comedown. I take dph to do mindless chores takiing just a little caffeine and nicotine first while the amph comes on 8 hours later the strongest because i dont break the xr and using heavy caffeine and nicotine

So it kinda feels like

First 1-8 focused on the moment not thinking doing all the motor things i need to do eating chugging milk cleaning organizing calander and stuff

8-16 very very alert and doing stuff i find interesting.

When 17-24 comes, you are asleep? Does it come that easily?

I propose you taper quickly off dph entirely, no caffeine, slowly taper off nicotine. Also, don't drink milk. It's for baby cows. You can drink some, but I'd keep it under 8 oz/0.25L per day, and don't chug it. Consider fermented milk products instead, with the same limits. I encourage you to try some "Greek" yogurt, which usually isn't Greek, but more of the middle-eastern-style non-super-sweet high-protein stuff. The bugs will help you shit if you continually inoculate, and the lactose comes pre-digested for you.

Hey, I used to take at least 50mg dph every night, often more, did that for years and it wrecked my teeth (xerostermia in my mouf), but I realized it was a weird non-physical dependence that wasn't giving me any benefit, and compromising working memory. You have to take a break to remember the rather profound effects it has on concentration. It really has a lasting negative effect on memory formation. You might find that your nicotine usage is a counter to that more than just an addiction.

I, for one, can do all my necessary motor stuff in less than half an hour if I'm good.

Its more of when i take the benadyrl i can feel more empathy because it stops my brain. Like yesterday i took 200 mg and spent more time on my family instead of trying to get stuff done as fast as possible. Instead of thinking i felt like i could better emphasize and compromise so for example my mom got me tobacco so i spent a few hours on her chores and my dad got me coffee so i spent a few hours doing his chores without verbally having any calculated transaction. Just showing nonverbally o i love this it is this important to me that i did what i felt was equal and fair just listening to music.

Also after i watched vlogs of just girls my age talking and practicing listening to what they are thinking and feeling and listened to adele and lana del ray and paramore and other music i found sexually appealing without just being " ya h** ya b****** s**** my. D********* i got cocaine ingot yo b***** i f*** yo mom anally. "

I was making a joke about my laziness, in that I am not moving for up to 23.5 hours everyday (I move slightly more than that; I actually like moving, when it's not chores).

Does your mom know you show gratitude by doing chores? I understand the logic, and used it with gfs, but almost as a rule they disagree. I'm like, you can't "disagree", it's a simple fact that I show gratitude by doing things for you. But yeah, they disagree with that too.

Empathy is not the same as sympathy, btw. Sympathy does not require that you understand someone, only that you feel a certain emotion about their situation, usually a benevolent condescension. Empathy is what enables humans to throw surprise parties, wage war, feel shy, and torture each other. It takes HUGE chunks of brain power. Not only do you have to theorize that a person has a separate mind (something we only have proof a few animals can do), you must predict that specific mind's subjective response to your own actions. It takes a lot to come up with just the right biting insult to hurt someone.

Shutting down mental function can only take away your ability to insult people, and likewise to give them praise, or understand that they'll be hurt if you don't show appreciation. Massive doses of dissociatives won't help you with this.

Of course, I say this as someone who feels the need for alcohol in all human interaction, and that definitely shuts my brain down. For me it's usually too much to show affection or appreciation or even receive it, but it's somehow easier if I'm a bit drunk. I've got a lot of theories on this, and the obvious one is about vulnerability. But the dominant emotion in all of those interactions is anxiety. There are at least better meds to handle that in the meantime.

I know your reasons for self-medicating are different. But for you, that dph is worse on your short-term memory than booze is on mine. You need to figure out a better substance. It'll help with GI problems too, if you can drool once in a while.

Last edited:
Also like id take and feel like how i have it really good. Instead of just o i have to wait the pharmacy isnt open i want it now. To crying when i thought of how scary it would be to deal with mental illness without access to healthcare and no longer cared about waiting and instead felt greatful to randomly be born into a uppermiddle class family and randomly having the right genes and enviromment and nutrition because of what my parents did and chance to have the luxury to read for hours everyday

Even sober I have trouble with that whole "being grateful" thing, and my personal least favorite "stop whining." I'm so good at the last one.

Im sorry most of what your talking about makes no sense to me. Im sober right now but ive spent my entire life reading chemistry alone in a dark room lol. you sound like your speaking a foreign language.

You mean people dont show gratitude by doing things without you asking for them? I was reading about autism and i thought that people who score on the autism spectrum scale from the WAAS lack nonverbal cues. So i thought i could behave more human by communicating my gratitude by doing things on a non explicit transaction you gave me this for free im broke so ill do things so it feels fair without ever verbally stating i get this i do this. Its love because its giving my time when i cant give my money or i am putting in what i can without asking for a specific payoff.

Oh, well in that case, no. Psychotic people don't know they're being psychotic, either. If you knew the singer was singing to you specifically, and had a code embedded in the beat pattern, then you're getting psychotic.

But flooding your brain with excess dopamine can cause delusions (hey, I'm a meth user, trust me) whether or not you're schizophrenic or bipolar. That's a theory about schizophrenia, because of those effects. But it probably takes more with them and involves plenty of other stuff. Serotonin plays a roll too.

Going nuts from pain is just normal. I mean, if the pain is normal, and yours might not be.

Scrofula it may not be common for people to be aware when they are psychotic however before I was diagnosed with my Premenstrual Disphoric Disorder (20Xpms) I actually felt myself going down a deep black hole of negativity and aggression. I talked to my GP about feeling psychotic and my experience and he put me on the orally disintegrating tablets of Risperidone. This ended up being one of the medications my psychiatrist, who specializes in PMS, PMDD and Menopause, used for my PMDD. So I did feel myself slide into a psychotic state. I often catch myself when I start to slip into a psychotic state and I go sit alone in my bathroom until I self talk myself out of the negative place I'm in and get myself stabilized again. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy was huge in helping me be able to talk myself down and not react aggressively, instead timing myself out.

Scrofula it may not be common for people to be aware when they are psychotic however before I was diagnosed . . . I talked to my GP about feeling psychotic . . . orally disintegrating tablets of Risperidone.

Well I'm happy the dialectic worked for you. Risperidone may be classed as an atypical anti-psychotic, but that doesn't mean only psychotics take it. You told your GP you were "feeling psychotic" and he treated you for that feeling, not psychosis. But then, I'm not saying that people suddenly snap into psychosis from nothing; I'm sure they feel "off" beforehand, at least besides the bipolars, they feel great.

But not knowing you are detached from reality is how psychosis is defined. I think it often ends in the ER, and when it doesn't, the police may end it, not in a good way.

D1nach I've read this thread and I have concerns for you. Do you have a family doctor? I mean it was mentioned that taking a lot of antihistamines can make you delusional. Maybe if you stay off all the mind and mood altering substances for a couple of weeks you might find that you don't feel delusional. If you do still feel delusional it might be a good time to see your doctor. You must feel so stressed out as you have had several concerns about chemicals and your health in the past couple of weeks. If this is the result of the drugs that you use is it really worth the side effects you are encountering?
I know staying clean isn't fun but neither is your worried state of mind. I hope you will consider my suggestion. I hate it when I feel unstable.

You mean people dont show gratitude by doing things without you asking for them? I was reading about autism and i thought that people who score on the autism spectrum scale from the WAAS lack nonverbal cues. So i thought i could behave more human by communicating my gratitude by doing things on a non explicit transaction you gave me this for free im broke so ill do things so it feels fair without ever verbally stating i get this i do this. Its love because its giving my time when i cant give my money or i am putting in what i can without asking for a specific payoff.

Don't take statements like that as descriptors of you personally. They weren't intended to be read by autists, which is kind of condescending really.

So, you assumed you had no nonverbal cues, and decided to invent one? That kind of proves the thing you read wrong, right?

If you hadn't read that, how would you have communicated your gratitude? Would you have used a verbal cue? If you can, that would be the more "human" thing to do, or at least closer to expectations. Lots of people DO show gratitude by returning the favor, don't get me wrong, but sometimes just "thank you" is plenty.

I think we both don't get what was meant by a nonverbal cue.

Im not gunna lie i felt overwhelmed by anxiety so i took like enough diphenhydramine i feel too stupid to respond right now due to a inability to form short term memories and instead checked out and watched makeup tutorials

I want to emphasize what i am doing to handle stress is extremely unsafe and potentially fatal. I dont think i want to do this but when it feels like the worlds spinning out of control its like something just takes over me and i end up doing the same stupid things over and over

I really appreciate you guys input and im embarrassed im too intoxicated to remember what i read. I feel like eminem on the relapse album when he has that voice in his head
me "im feeling stressed "

"marshall just take a drink. Take the edge off"

Me "man no f*** you if i take a sip i already know what that will lead to"

Voice "what these marshall *rattles sleeeping pills "

Me " ahh come man what the f*** "

Me its 3 am in the morning i dont remember how i got here sitting watching hannah montana jacking off with some lanolin nodding in and out on my kinolopin while im at the formotta inn.

I had pancreatits in 2006....brutal abdominal pain and a week in the ICU. Cried? Hell yes I cried!