• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April getting/staying sober thread v. April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoonFlip.gif

24 more down:D

Good morning!

For a second there I thought I was seeing things. ^^ (Moon popped in)

How is everyone doing today? <3

Bit mixed up.

Concerned about my upcoming exam, worried about an individual who needs support from me, but positive about life in general and my prospects in the future. Trying to do my best to help myself by helping others, taking control of what I can control and accepting what I can't.

Got my first meeting coming up with a disability mentor at uni that I'm kind of excited about that's playing on my mind. Might get the opportunity to get a load of extra support next year if I get qualified as disabled.

You?

Feeling really anxious today have lots on my mind :/ wish I could find a meeting close to me. Out of gas and shutoff notice on the power and still got a week til payday. My sobriety is seriously being tested today....

Feeling really anxious today have lots on my mind :/ wish I could find a meeting close to me. Out of gas and shutoff notice on the power and still got a week til payday. My sobriety is seriously being tested today....

If NA/AA is your thing do you know about intherooms? There's regular online meetings going on everyday for people who can't get to one.

So I heard back from a Buddhist monastery in Nor Cal, I may be spending a couple months this summer living there doing a work exchange. Nothing is definite yet but judging by the email I received back, I've been accepted and so if I decide to do this I can do it. I think it will be an amazing opportunity to grow spiritually as well as develop some discipline.

343 days. Hope everyone is doing well!

Feeling pretty awesome since Easter. Taking it easy, cutting down on the crap food, too. Need to hit the gym, like I keep telling myself every day. There's this thing called a job that's been leaving me too tired when I get home, but that's just an excuse. lol

So proud of everyone and so happy to see everyone still here and fighting the good fight.

Here's my stats =D:

6dDz0qJ.png

I have no days :(

Looking forward to getting detoxed so much.

I haven't used smack in going on three months now though and feel no desire too so I'm feeling positive about that though.

This is day 3 without poppy tea, feeling alright. I'd been taking 3-5 pounds of poppy seed tea from some strong seeds, every other day, and sometimes 2 days in a row, for quite some time. But I've been on opiates with very few breaks since 2003, I was on kratom (eventually 4-6 doses per day) for 7 years, then poppy tea until now with a few 1-2 week periods of snorted heroin when I'd visit my best friend across the country. On Saturday I am going to be taking ibogaine to attempt to address this, as I have relapsed every time I've quit (obviously), including one time I quit for a year and felt 100% better.

I feel much better than I usually do on day 3, and I didn't taper. I think my body knows there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Fuck yeah you're pretty much over the hump then if it's detox from oral morphine (and the rest of the minor alkaloids), couple of days and you should be approaching a degree of 'normality'!

Keep on keeping on and you'll be starting to get nights of sleep waking feeling refreshed and healthier in no time.

Nice to hear from people getting clean, I want that feeling!

Day 18 for me today....still no subs Opiate free baby....(even tho bupe probably still in here somewhere) my body of course! lol

414 days.

I was humiliated at the pharmacy today after being charged $285 for the deductable for my lyrica prescription. The pharmacy refused to bill me, and I had to explain to 3 different managers that I simply couldn't give them $300 today. Finally after urging them to call my doctor to discuss it, they agreed to give me a 3 day supply. I still have to pay the deductable before my copay goes down to $35 a bottle. Out of pocket each 75mg pill would have been 21 dollars. I laughed in their faces when they told me that. Them's roxy prices! Anyway--humiliation and embarrasment are triggers for me, being such a sensitive little lady, so I rushed home to jump rope and take a nice long bath. Feeling a lot better already. High five to all of you for making it to hump day.

Hopefully the lyrica helps with the anxiety I've had since the seizures and helps with pain/sleep issues.

Well done, Zwanya n CH. You're both inspirations to the rest of us.

Evey xxxx

Day 17 for me.....having a hard time...living without opiates sucks right now. I am hurting terribly bad tonight (shockingly I actually have a legit pain condition which is how I was originally introduced to them)

Keep at it GC. I've got 344 days and YOU'RE an inspiration to ME. Seriously.

I've got a bad shoulder that bothers me sometimes due to an injury when I was snowboarding like 10 years ago - I've been putting off getting it looked at because I'm worried that the only two things they can tell me will be either A, there's nothing we can do or B, you need surgery. Nothing they can do means a most probably painful future as i get older, and surgery means either immense pain or taking painkillers in the near future. Maybe I should just stop letting the fear control my actions around this and just go get it checked out... I'll never know for sure until then.

$21 ea? Insane! Jump rope and a bath!! I like it!

414 days.

I was humiliated at the pharmacy today after being charged $285 for the deductable for my lyrica prescription. The pharmacy refused to bill me, and I had to explain to 3 different managers that I simply couldn't give them $300 today. Finally after urging them to call my doctor to discuss it, they agreed to give me a 3 day supply. I still have to pay the deductable before my copay goes down to $35 a bottle. Out of pocket each 75mg pill would have been 21 dollars. I laughed in their faces when they told me that. Them's roxy prices! Anyway--humiliation and embarrasment are triggers for me, being such a sensitive little lady, so I rushed home to jump rope and take a nice long bath. Feeling a lot better already. High five to all of you for making it to hump day.

Hopefully the lyrica helps with the anxiety I've had since the seizures and helps with pain/sleep issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.