• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April getting/staying sober thread v. April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok caseface, what are you going to do about it?

Not trying to be offensive. You have done so well having almost got a year n that's to be proud of. You're also helping others n you did good going into college. You can change this around. You've done it once - you can do it again.

Here if ever you need someone to listen / talk to.

Evey

Got three weeks off opiates today : ) wish I could say the times flying but I'm at least hanging in there....one day at a time <3 it's getting easier each day even if a little tiny bit. I'm trying to measure my progress on a weekly basis instead of a daily one in terms of getting my energy and motivation back and sure enough it seems to be returning, slowly but surely. Had some real intense cravings yesterday though....oi.... hang in there y'all Cuz I am!! <3

The April showers is an understatement of how rough this month has been. I went 4 days clean minus alcohol and was raging jerk to my bf almost kicked him out of my apartment cuz I was so pissed that he could sit there on his subs and be almost perfectly fine. The past week I started doing H when I haven't touched it since 2011. I don't even like it that much compared to benzos/opiates but I went on a binge and yesterday was day 1 of no opiates. Anyway I hope after all this rain I can see the sunshine and actually kick this habit for good. I'm notorious for always saying I will but on the 4th day I crack & of course I'll be getting paid Thursday so I'm praying my willpower can keep me strong to resist the urge. Einstein said something like " when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results your insane" and that's exactly how I feel with my drug use but summer is coming and I'm ready for a positive change :)

The April showers is an understatement of how rough this month has been. I went 4 days clean minus alcohol and was raging jerk to my bf almost kicked him out of my apartment cuz I was so pissed that he could sit there on his subs and be almost perfectly fine. The past week I started doing H when I haven't touched it since 2011. I don't even like it that much compared to benzos/opiates but I went on a binge and yesterday was day 1 of no opiates. Anyway I hope after all this rain I can see the sunshine and actually kick this habit for good. I'm notorious for always saying I will but on the 4th day I crack & of course I'll be getting paid Thursday so I'm praying my willpower can keep me strong to resist the urge. Einstein said something like " when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results your insane" and that's exactly how I feel with my drug use but summer is coming and I'm ready for a positive change :)

i agree that this has been a tough month. i've been craving opiates like crazy but have not touched them in weeks. they have a certain aura of nostalgia around them for me. it's something i'll always love and miss and want to have in my life, but i know i can't.

good for you for wanting to create positive changes for the summer! but think of it as a life change, not just a season change. this will benefit you for your entire life, not just the summer. <3

good for you, I hope to be on the same track as you.. and i feel the same when it comes to cravings. it made me feel more productive it was crazy i wouldn't feel motivated to do the dishes unless my bf gave mee a norco or roxy.. talk about pathetic. I know that I got myself so wrapped in it that i started to believe it was benefiting me to keep the apartment spotless, laundry done, managing straight As and performing well at work. I'm slowly starting to wake up from this daze and trying to manage everything one step at a time. and your right it should be a life change. they say it takes 21 days to break a habit. anyway thanks for your response and good luck to u!
best wishes,
meg

Well I got 30 days again, just got out of rehab the other day, let's see if I can make this last. I'm home for a day today then it's off to a wedding in the bahamas, got the meetings all set once I get there, then it's off to a sober house. I realize how much I hate sitting around at home not doing shit, having some tough cravings already, but i'll force my self to get up and out and this'll pass I know thought I would write it out so i'm not holding it inside. Overall, the rehab experience was good and i'm pretty confident that i'll want to stay clean bad enough this time around.

Good luck! The wedding will be a test for sure, sounds like you have been furnished with the tools you need to make a good crack at recovery though!

Really happy for all of you. I am seeing a lot of accomplishments in the sobriety thread this month despite April being one of the most difficult times of year.

CH - Been keeping an eye on you congrats for getting off subs finally I knew you would come to this point someday, you've made a lot of progress. do you still feel cravings?

7 weeks no alcohol yesterday -- during which i have attended several parties. hopefully 1 day no green tomorrow.

20mg a valium a day + about 15mg ativan a month to 15mg valium a day + 10mg ativan a month. i've been holding the line pretty well at 15mg valium/day for about a month, after a month of trying 15mg a day but wavering. will drop to 12.5mg in two days when i refill.

not smoking is gonna be a bitch. we'll see.

summer is coming and I'm ready for a positive change :)
there yea go! this spring/summer i'm concentrating on career, tomatoes, friends, money, girls -- vices other than self-lobotomizing.

8 days today ☀️
congrats!

Sorry I've been largely absent of late. Foreclosed on the house, and was in the process of finding a place to rent and moving and all that jazz. On the plus side, the last week has been so busy that I've been completely sober from everything. Case, sorry to read that you're going through a rough patch. It was good to catch up on everything. Still stuck w/ Internet by cell phone until the new internet service is taken care of. (Soon.) Peace!

Really happy for all of you. I am seeing a lot of accomplishments in the sobriety thread this month despite April being one of the most difficult times of year.

CH - Been keeping an eye on you congrats for getting off subs finally I knew you would come to this point someday, you've made a lot of progress. do you still feel cravings?

Thanks man. I don't have cravings for suboxone anymore. I did for at least the first month.

I've been on subutex for more than nine months and it feels like forever. I have a terrible needle fixation and the subs just don't do it for me. I don't think I'm going to last much longer. but for the record nine months twenty-three days in hell and counting. sorry just tired i guess

Amazing work sinclair:D

Im kicking off early tonight.. great work out and I feal top notch.

Another 24 you all<3

blue-moon-large.jpg

350 days now. Cravings worse then I expected the closer I get to a year. Just confirms that PAWS is very real and something to watch out for. I've made some changes to my program over the last few weeks, however - positive changes, and I'm confident I'll continue maintaining my sobriety.

Keep it up everyone.

Totally broke my sobriety during work/school week

trying again. a bit more optimistic but still not feeling very good today :/ Hopefully I will do something healthier to release my stress and emotions tonight.

7 weeks no alcohol yesterday -- during which i have attended several parties. hopefully 1 day no green tomorrow.

20mg a valium a day + about 15mg ativan a month to 15mg valium a day + 10mg ativan a month. i've been holding the line pretty well at 15mg valium/day for about a month, after a month of trying 15mg a day but wavering. will drop to 12.5mg in two days when i refill.

not smoking is gonna be a bitch. we'll see.

I'm a firm believer in everyone needing to take recovery at their own pace so don't take this as a criticism but:

I've never understood why people reduce so slowly on benzos once they're down to smaller levels where going cold turkey isn't dangerous. If people are finding it difficult doing a slow reduction it just seems like prolonging the agony to me when they could just knock it on the head and be done with the whole ordeal (for the most part) in a week or two. The wd from that level wont be that bad. I understand it if they have commitments that means they can't spend a week in bed but it seems like the harder route to take. I guess maybe it's a mental thing for lots of people?

Like I said don't take that as an attack, I'm just thinking aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.