• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

NerdOnDrugs said:
Alcohol by itself isn't that bad, it's the people who love to get trashed all the time that suck and ruin the drug for me.

That still is over generalizing. I know people who drink all the time, myself included, that have never once been an ass to anyone who didn;t already deserve it.

I would say it would depend on how that persons personality is to begin with. Obvuiously someone who's short tempered and generally angry would become even more so under the influence of booze. Most of the peopel I know are pretty laid back, and are the kind of drunk who is fun to be around. I guess I dont know any hardcore alcoholics that are loathed by ALL.

i used to drink fairly heavily while i was in high school and for a year after, most weekends on fri, sat and sometimes sunday nights. but after waking up to myself and realising all the stupid things i did (a lot i cant remember) and how sick i would get sometimes, binge drinking didnt appeal to me anymore.

but i still get drunk on ocassions, not overly drunk though. most nights if i go out ill consume between 6-8 drinks, maybe a few more here and there.

id much prefer to go out and be able to remember my nights and make it more of a social ocassion rather than see who gets more ratshit and make a fool whilst at it. plus i love going out on speed or wrecked up on some cones.

rashandreflex said:
as a girl, i'd never want to drink with you. 8) anyway actually our 'great grandparents' had access to many drugs...way easier access than we have now. i'm sure you've heard about how cocaine and opiates were legal and sold in tons of over the counter preparations....coca cola, e.g.

As a guy, i couldn't give two shits about what you think. Anyway actually our "great grandparents" used those drugs available to them at a small fraction of the current use trends todayl, so that point is pretty much irrelevant. Availability doesn't equal use. They still did drink though. Like fucking fish.

Alcohol sucks. Its the most stupid, retarded, and expensive drug in the world. People actually spend $250 on a bottle of champagne, or wine. People spend $60 on Grey Goose vodka. Going to restaraunts is twice as expensive because you just blew $100 on watered down liquor which tastes bad anyway.

Being drunk sucks and alcohol tastes like shit. The stupid, drowsy, uncoordinated, loud, idiotic high is equally useless. Hours of puking, drunken idiocy, and next day hangovers simply supplement the already lousy experience.

I'd rather smoke weed ANYDAY of the week as opposed to alcohol. I never have and never will spend my own money on booze.

I can't believe people actually live their whole lives spending thousands of dollars on alcohol every year at bars, clubs, etc.

OxyContin and weed are so much better.

From about age 13-15 I was really into drinking. While drunk, I was more confident at parties, etc. Now that I'm more comfortable with myself, I feel like I don't need it. And I hate waking up wondering if I acted like an idiot, got sick, whatever. Plus, some drugs enhance your mind, while alcohol just drowns it.

For the past few months, I have had no desire to drink..having an alcoholic father kinda reinforces that

radiohead said:
I've gotten tired of drinking, I don't really like it much. So I'm pretty much quitting. Anyone else feel this way about drinking?

Amen.

For a while I was in a phase where I got very drunk very often. Now I drink so rarely that it's barely above not at all.

There are just too many things I dislike about drinking to make the few parts I do like worth it. First of all, I've had a naturally high tolerance to alcohol since the first time I drank, so it takes way too much to get me drunk, which costs too much money and puts way too much in my stomach for comfort. Most of it tastes like ass, and the stuff that doesn't either gives me a sugar hangover or just makes me ill. There's way too much risk of puking or passing out, which I can't stand. It makes you act like someone you're not, which could be anything from stupid to violent. It leaves a horrible scum in your mouth. And so on.

I'd much rather spend money on drugs.

i wouldnt go as far as to say i hate it , but i remember back when i was 16 17 , drinking was awsome for me , could get plastered have a great time , not puke , then came marijuana around 18 or so , and thats all it was , it was a ginormous break from alcohol , almost 7 months , then i went back to try alcohol and marijuana , which rocked my socks , then i found X , and i didnt really need drinking anymore , its not that i hate it , i just find drugs more clearer , i dont puke
but i will still have an occassional drink / get a decent buzz off it .

I've been enjoying just alcohol a lot lately. Sure I do some whack shit when I'm drunk and normally don't remember shit but atleast I'm only fucked for one day afterwards, not 3 or 4.

I'm sure this is only a phase and I'll soon reunite with the love train that is MDMA =D

I hate drinking. I also hate when my friends drink (into an out of control state).
Belknap, soberup you drunk asshole. Nobody likes you like this.
Plus when your drunk you deny owing me $, which I know you do. Fag

Alcohol is awsome, has to be my favourite for a night out. I just love trying new Ale and wheat beer.

I like to drink a couple beers from time to time, because I have this flavor for exotic beers. Beyond that, I can't really handle drinking like I used to be able too, it really feels like my body is damaged by the stuff.

I'm only 16, but I first got drunk at 11, and the past 5 years have not shown much promise for alcohol in my book.

I'm starting to enjoy alcohol a lot. Especially the delicious beverages one can make (as opposed to straight liquor). I don't like getting drunk though... just buzzed. Seeing as how alcohol is 100% a social drug, it's a lot more pleasant with friends. It's also a lot more enjoyable with other drugs too.

Ugh, I'm getting to the end of my love with alcohol. I find the feeling of being drunk quite poisonous and toxic. Alcohol doesn't effect me the same way it used to when I was younger. Nowadays I get slow and dopey, whereas back then it was almost a stimulant effect. I also get less of a mental effect, I feel like I can control my thoughts quite coherently whereas it used to be utter confusion. I never stumble around, or slur my words, I just feel DUMB.

And don't start me on the hangovers... I can get quite severe migraines from a night of drinking, but they're incredibly inconsistent. Some nights I can drink 12 beers over say 9 hours and feel average the next day. Other times I have as little as 6 beers over 6 hours and wake up with a huge migraine and nausea the next day.

Bah, I'm considering using 1st plateau DXM doses in place of alcohol, I find it a more pleasant high. Get me a Flaming Moe! ;)

i used to sort of like alcohol, i would have some good and some bad experiences with it. then i found marijuana and got really into that and burnt myself out on it. then i got back into drinking and got hammered at least 4 times a week for about 4 months straight. after that period the way it affected me began to change. for example, 3 months ago, i used to be able to get hammered, then wake up at 10 am and go take an exam. the hangover would be tolerable and by the evening id already feel well enough to drink again. now on the other hand, i get much less of the warm happy feeling i used to get and the hangovers have become ridiculous. it takes the me the ENTIRE next day to recover from a night of drinking. it has started to give me stomach pains. so i am trying to quit drinking for a while. its been a week. maybe if i can go a few months without drinking i can get the nice feelings back.

ive never enjoyed the feeling of a couple of beers either, for me its either i dont drink at all or i get hammered. i just HATE the feeling of waking up with a killer hangover not even remembering whether i enjoyed myself the night before.

radiohead said:
I've gotten tired of drinking, I don't really like it much. So I'm pretty much quitting. Anyone else feel this way about drinking?
Yep! SWIM doesn't even drink beer anymore, altho he likes the taste. He can't stand the effects of alcohol anymore, in any amount. Not to mention, it's a dangerous mix with just about everything. Keep it for use as what it really is -- an industrial solvent and gasoline additive.

I used to drink a lot but for the last few years I've had a love/hate relationship with it. Deep down I hated it but sometimes craved it and still liked the taste. Now I have a bad stomach and can barely take it, and it's lost it's good taste, most of it tastes like stomach acid to me now.

It's hard in a booze society to be out and not-sober without drinking. I'm gonna give GBL a try next time I go out.