• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

what is a matter with me?

Yeh i mean you would say it is a good thing if you dont have the desire to drink anymore, saves money, no hangovers, your always "aware" and you dont have black outs hah, but seriously it scares me that all the sudden i just dont have the desire, i mean normally once a week id want to have 3 or 6 beers to winddown (i know this isnt a good thing) but anyways now i take two sips of a beer and im lik eh, im done. Even at my dad's 50th surprise party yesterday I had a half of a beer! thats it! its crazy, its such a huge change from the girl that loved vodka and it happened in a matter of days? is my body doing this? or where did this come from??

I don't like drinking anymore after being addicted to opiates and benzos.

used to drink and smoke weed everyday/night. then started on pills and heroin and lost interest in weed/alcohol. since ive stopped used opiates i still have little interest in drinking/weed. jeez, why cant alcohol be illegal and not heroin? its a crazy world.

my drinking is on a perpetual cycle.

step 1 is drinking 2-3/night 5-6 nights a week. at this point i'm really not that into it . . it's just something cold in the fridge after my workout.

step 2 is getting into it, and drinking 5-8/night. i'm looking forward to it throughout the day, and find myself trying to get intoxicated.

step 3 is a weekend/few days of heavy drinking. just straight lushin' out.

step 4 is after the binge, when i have no interest in alcohol for a few days. after those few days, i'll have a beer or two, but it takes a few weeks of occassional/light drinking before i get back around to step 1 again.

so yeah . . there are times where i just don't want to drink at all. but they often have to do with excessive drinking and/or marijuana use.

I quit drinking about a year ago after being a fairly heavy drinker for about four or five years, and having been a drinker for about ten years. I am 25 now, and alcoholism runs in my family.

By the time I was twenty, I was a pretty regular beer drinker, drinking probably 4 out of 7 nights of the week, several beers on those nights. Around this time I started working in the kitchen at a Brewery , and my habit took off due to having constant access to free alcohol, beer and liquor. At this time I began my love affair with the India Pale Ale, and more accurately, hops. I began drinking pretty much every single night, usually 3-6 potent beers, and getting sauced. I worked at that Brewery for just under a year, but my habit stuck with me and I loved to drink some good beer.

So this went on up until a year ago, until I said "No more." And I stopped. I had graduated from IPA to Imperial IPA's and whatever ridiculously hopped out Ale I could find, and there are plenty of great microbrews around to choose from. I was spending $10 a day, $60-$70 a week.

I still appreciate good beer, but I rarely have a drink of any kind these days because it simply doesn't sound good to me. It wasn't so much withdrawl or the actual quitting that was difficult for me, so much as it was a feeling like I had lost a great tasting friend, who I was used to hanging out with every day. But I got over it, and moved on. I feel much healthier and more clear headed all together.

^holy crap. that's me.

i drink 2-5 strong beers nearly every day. it's delicious, feels wonderful (so much better than 6-12 normal beers), and is kind of an affordable luxury. it doesn't really cause me any problems, but fuck, i feel like cutting it back/out would just be such an easy way to improve my life.

(i am, clearly, at step four of my above post)

I have pretty much quit drinking. Other drugs I rather do, because its expensive and the side effects are brutal.

I love beer.Good quality micro brew that is.None of that piss yellow american mass produced crap beer.Give me a high quality stout,porter,IPA or especially any kind of Belgian stronge ale,dubbel or tripple.America does have a ton of kick ass micro breweries to its not a knock on USA beer.

I've gotten tired of drinking, I don't really like it much. So I'm pretty much quitting. Anyone else feel this way about drinking?

Yes, I am in the same boat. Maybe for different reasons but man, I can't even have one drink without throwing up. It's weird because I never used to have this problem and now, even a half of a glass makes me violently ill. My doc said I have alcohol intolerance. So now I just can't drink at all. Even when I could though, I never really enjoyed it much. It always made me feel really full, like I had too much fluid in me and I don't like that feeling. Plus, I would just get irritated that no matter how much I drank it didn't really feel as good as heroin so I would end up black-out drunk and still not as high as I wanted to be. All of the above and I finally decided drinking wasn't my thing. Not sure why it took so long to come to that conclusion. I'm not the healthiest kid on the block I guess.

After abusing opiates, alcohol has never felt the same. I'll knock down a beer or two or maybe a Long Island Ice Tea on top of a Xanax bar or Oxy, but that's about it. People my age(I'm in college) act like I'm some sort of freak or something cause I don't get 'mad wasted' every weekend.

I havent drank since Ive gotten into doing opiates/opioids daily.

The last time I drank was in August at a show that my band played.

I cracked a beer open a few months later, and only took a few sips

before I had enough. Seems like alot of people have mentioned that

they stopped drinking after they got into opiates. Go heroin yay!! haha.

Alcohol is one of the dirtiest high's. You're purposely poisoning your body, it never made sense to me. When I say purposely, I mean, when people binge drink and get drunk, not have a few and relax.

Otherwise, I prefer other drugs, as people have mentioned. Why not have fun, while not experiencing a hangover the next day? Seems logical to me.

Is the not enjoying alcohol after using opiates for an extended period of time a physical brain change thing, or simply a 'nothing compares to opiates in my mind' kinda thing?

Is the not enjoying alcohol after using opiates for an extended period of time a physical brain change thing, or simply a 'nothing compares to opiates in my mind' kinda thing?

I dont know.. I know people who stopped drinking after using opiates

frequently, but also know people who use opiates daily and still get drunk.

I have no idea but I would love to find out. I'm guessing it's probably just a nothing compares sorta thing.

haha, your last comment cracked me up. i believe that is the first time ive ever heard of someone saying "Go heroin yay!!" of course i know you're being sarcastic here but it still made me laugh.

I havent drank since Ive gotten into doing opiates/opioids daily.

The last time I drank was in August at a show that my band played.

I cracked a beer open a few months later, and only took a few sips

before I had enough. Seems like alot of people have mentioned that

they stopped drinking after they got into opiates. Go heroin yay!! haha.

^^ Glad I can be of some assistance haha.

Just got outta the shower and did a FAT ASS bag of diesel.

RISE AND SHINE. =D