• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else rave on acid?

i love acid for raves..

take no more than 2 tabs ime and balance it out with beer if it gets to be too much..

i only ever consider the number of tabs im taking rather than guessing the ug content so i would say 2 tabs would be the best experience if you're comfortable with tripping around large groups of people..

2 tabs of acid is one of my favourite highs due to the intense body high that resembles rolling.

i went to a 3 day festival recently and had a ton of fun doing 2-CB (20mg) the first day, acid the second (1tab) and MDA the 3rd (92mg).

it was an amazing time and Ketamine on the comedown of the roll was just perfect...

i highly recommend LSD as a rave drug as it puts a fat smile on your face whereas if you notice everyone else on average take MDxx and they all have a very 'fun locked' gurn going on and it always seems like the psychedelic drug magic trumps the 'hold on tight' vibes people who are rolling give off..

im usually one of the few standing in the rave with the fattest smile on my face just loving every second of the moment with my phone in my pocket and not hanging over my head while i chew off my lips!

and the last day rolling was amazing as i hadn't rolled in an entire year :).

Yeah acid is amazing for raving and so is md, but they are def different type of rave drugs as you said. But honestly after raving for what seemed like ages on my recent trip, i think cid would be way better for raving than MD.

Never been to a true techno rave myself, although I do quite enjoy DJing progressive house/progressive trance on acid. A well-timed candyflip is even better.

I cant think of anything worse. I like to be as far away from other people as possible when I'm tripping...

Raving on LSD? What an absurd idea! Has anybody actually ever done that?

Lol. Acid and raving have gone hand in hand since day one of the rave scene. Obviously Lsd presents its challenges in these crowded public venues, not that that is even what the OP is talking about here.

But blimey, yeah, Lsd and rave music, dance music, proper techno raving. Too right. Its a fantastic dance drug once you get into it. Better than MDMA really, seeing as it doesn't take a toll on your body and especially heart in the same way.

The energy MDMA gives you is kind of false and it takes back heavily. Lsd energy is generated from the consciousness. Of course fatigue follows heavy trips and extra exertion.

Raving on ketamine is also fantastic. Maybe the best dance drug of the 3 in fact, which may surprise a lot of people.

Raving on Lsd AND ketamine, now you are talking. Whether at home or at a rave.
Surprisingly good dance drug combo.

Last edited:
Yeah LSD is the ultimate rave drug! I totally agree with your assessment @AutoTripper. Not so much into K myself, but I know that really works for a lot of people.

It's a genuine energy, while MDMA feels forced and fake. You can dance and dance and be into the vibe way longer on acid than MDMA. It's perfect for quality outdoor parties especially. It's totally social and doesn't just leave you empty 4h later wanting more. It doesn't deplete your serotonin and leave you depressed and drained the next couple days - after a good sleep, you're fully recovered with a beautiful afterglow and a fresh lust for life. No burnout. Less chance of adulterants on a blotter than in a gelcap. Easier to transport.

And yes acid has been part of the scene since day 1. I mean one of the most ancient genres of rave music is called "acid". The TB303 is the acid machine.

Acieeeeeed!

Haven't tried candyflipping yet but i'm going to be in a few months at a festival. Probs only 1 tab and focus more on the molly.

Id say take a little less than your normal dose of L and a modest dose of M with an appropriate redose (or 2 lol) ... Idk if its just cause im old (yes lol) but as much as I love a good roll Id much rather trip harder than roll harder in a candy flip...Too much M will mute the psychedelia ime

Yeah LSD is the ultimate rave drug! I totally agree with your assessment @AutoTripper. Not so much into K myself, but I know that really works for a lot of people.

It's a genuine energy, while MDMA feels forced and fake. You can dance and dance and be into the vibe way longer on acid than MDMA. It's perfect for quality outdoor parties especially. It's totally social and doesn't just leave you empty 4h later wanting more. It doesn't deplete your serotonin and leave you depressed and drained the next couple days - after a good sleep, you're fully recovered with a beautiful afterglow and a fresh lust for life. No burnout. Less chance of adulterants on a blotter than in a gelcap. Easier to transport.

And yes acid has been part of the scene since day 1. I mean one of the most ancient genres of rave music is called "acid". The TB303 is the acid machine.

Acieeeeeed!

And who can forget D-mob from 1988?

The funniest bit was when they tried to deny it was about LSD... 🤣

Phuture's "Acid Tracks" from 1987, probably one of the first true acid tunes:

Josh Wink's "Higher State of Consciousness" was so massive when it came out in 1995:

Hahah, when I was 17 or so, I'd smoke weed with my mate, put the music real loud, put on acidy visuals on the television and dance in his living room on hard acid music. We grew out of it after a couple of months but still good times. LSD was not in our lives back then

Always liked straight acid techno better than psytrance though, but I've never been to a psytrance party, maybe I should if I want to get some DOM ;)

^ that is the correct attitude
The main problem with psytrance is its escapist and hermetic nature. In spite of it being linked to some sort of hippie subculture, it's rather predictable, rigidly formatted and ultimately conservative. Producers always fall back on the same sound palette (which has barely evolved since about... 1997? Or whenever the melodies, which were arguably the most interesting aspect of early Goa, started taking a back seat.). You never hear psytrance that recognizes or hints at its house and techno roots. In fact, it often sounds like dance music made by people who have a vague idea about techno and house, but never really bothered to check it out in depth, and just want music that sounds like being on drugs. At best, it's a gateway to better music for teenagers (I definitely went through it when I was 16-17)
Not to mention that it's one of the main cultural exports of a brutal settler state, and correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the artists from that scene seem too preoccupied with that reality.

(sorry for the rant lol)

Psytrance just doesn’t exist where I live, the only time I’ve seen psytrance artists has been when they come in from other countries. Maybe less than 5 times in my life.

It’s all about the bass and sound system culture where I’m from.. People want abstract intricate bass on state of the art sound systems.

Still absolutely amazing for LSD though, but maybe that’s just cuz it’s what I’m into..

-GC

What you just experienced is why I only take large doses at festivals.. I learned how to use the music and dance to re focus the trip if it ever seems to go wrong.

LSD is made for dancing and combined with MDMA, it’s a match made in heaven.

-GC

Yes! I see a lot of stuff cautioning people about tripping at festivals/music events, which is totally understandable for a lot of reasons, but something about really loud music helps keeps the trip from going off the rails since it sort of demands your attention. Now, that same setting with no music, just social mingling and a big crowd? That could go bad.

musical events on acid is definitely more comfortable for me than being at home left to my own devices, a lot of bad trips seem to start with not having an activity or objective to occupy ones mind. I've been in social tripping situations where I can tell someone is getting uncomfortable, since everyone is just sitting around talking and communication can be difficult tripping, so I'll just put some music on to focus attention on that rather than any one person or topic of conversation, helps lead the trip and provide an alternative to put your attention on (and usually brings up fresh conversation of its own)

as for advice, outdoors is going to be infinitely more comfortable than indoors, the openness is just refreshing. I've done it a couple times at indoor shows and its still manageable, but indoors always feels a bit claustrophobic. Stuffy air is the WORST when tripping.

Last edited:
^ that is the correct attitude
The main problem with psytrance is its escapist and hermetic nature. In spite of it being linked to some sort of hippie subculture, it's rather predictable, rigidly formatted and ultimately conservative. Producers always fall back on the same sound palette (which has barely evolved since about... 1997? Or whenever the melodies, which were arguably the most interesting aspect of early Goa, started taking a back seat.). You never hear psytrance that recognizes or hints at its house and techno roots. In fact, it often sounds like dance music made by people who have a vague idea about techno and house, but never really bothered to check it out in depth, and just want music that sounds like being on drugs. At best, it's a gateway to better music for teenagers (I definitely went through it when I was 16-17)
Not to mention that it's one of the main cultural exports of a brutal settler state, and correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the artists from that scene seem too preoccupied with that reality.

(sorry for the rant lol)

I understand your feelings, but I can only say, that you are listening to wrong guys. Atm you sound like you turn on radio and there it is top 10 dance tracks and you say agh facking shit everything is predictable and boring. If you are truly into it, you just need to go deeper when looking around or go to a different festival. I, too, am really bored about the same predictable stuff played over and over again, it does sound like top 10 dance hits to me, too.

Anyway on topic, it is a matter of person, to each their own, usually I kind of feel a slight energetic boost and it feels great to dance. Or just hop around.

Yes! I see a lot of stuff cautioning people about tripping at festivals/music events, which is totally understandable for a lot of reasons, but something about really loud music helps keeps the trip from going off the rails since it sort of demands your attention. Now, that same setting with no music, just social mingling and a big crowd? That could go bad.

This is so true. Quality outdoor music festivals/raves, with good harm reduction, well curated artists, kicking clean sound systems, good source of water and shitters, are an ideal psychedelic set and setting.

Raving on LSD? What an absurd idea! Has anybody actually ever done that?

Lol. Acid and raving have gone hand in hand since day one of the rave scene. Obviously Lsd presents its challenges in these crowded public venues, not that that is even what the OP is talking about here.

But blimey, yeah, Lsd and rave music, dance music, proper techno raving. Too right. Its a fantastic dance drug once you get into it. Better than MDMA really, seeing as it doesn't take a toll on your body and especially heart in the same way.

The energy MDMA gives you is kind of false and it takes back heavily. Lsd energy is generated from the consciousness. Of course fatigue follows heavy trips and extra exertion.

Raving on ketamine is also fantastic. Maybe the best dance drug of the 3 in fact, which may surprise a lot of people.

Raving on Lsd AND ketamine, now you are talking. Whether at home or at a rave.
Surprisingly good dance drug combo.

Or, you know, combine all three. :devilish:🍄

It's true, the psytrance I do like I immediately classify as a different genre altogether. It needs to have something extra, something qualitatively different from simply piling up over-the-top rococo effects that makes the freshman tripping mind go "whoa dude".

This is so true. Quality outdoor music festivals/raves, with good harm reduction, well curated artists, kicking clean sound systems, good source of water and shitters, are an ideal psychedelic set and setting.

Most definitely, I’ve realized I can actually go deeper in these settings than at home even. So long as your at one where security ischill..

-GC

Josh Wink's "Higher State of Consciousnes
Or, you know, combine all three.
Definitely. The very best dance I ever had, where I literally had the maximum QI and flow of energy a human possibly could they would have made me a military machine if they could have at the time because I was just on a different level of mobility and coordination and flexibility and suppleness....

Was at an amazing gigantic indoor illegal rave in a disused university building which had a full working cinema, gigantic dining halls with banisters and balconies, long indoor basketball courts, huge science labs and about every type size and shape of room you could imagine all kitted out witg individual music rigs playing everything and anything rave related literally hundreds of rooms and music systems by far the most incredible indoor event I ever went to my life.

London UK 2004.

I took that night 9 ecstasy pills two drops of excellent liquid acid, mushrooms and lots of superb ketamine, which was pink.

We hit the K heavily at about 11 am, I was peaking on the liquid acid, comong up on the mushrooms, and high as kite on MDMA.

Wow the second that first big line of pink ketamine went in the walls in front of me instantly erupted and started to flowing like lava in multicolor as did everything everywhere but I could still see everything for what it was but I was seeing it differently like Sparks of energy and colour just one gigantic light show of energy.

It was really incredible I don't think I've ever felt more ecstatic and amazing and on top of the world in my life.
I couldn't keep still I just had to dance and it has never been easier and more pleasurable and I was never more competent and agile in my life.

Ketamine, lsd, MDMA and shrooms, now that is a dance combo.

Any of those, in any order and quantity were always a brilliant combination for me.

I loved MDMA with mushrooms (with and without ket), with Acid (with and without shrooms), with Ketamine.

Ketamine with Acid (with and without shrooms).

What combo did I miss now, got confused haha. I need some sort of cross chart, boxes for ticks and crosses.

Bottom line, MDMA LSD, ketamine and mushrooms altogether or any combination was always a winner for me. Great dancing combos there. In fact I think adding mushrooms would often bring a stamina and lightness to the whole experience.

Making me more buoyant.

We stayed until Sunday night, continuously wandering through the endless corridors and rooms of this giant disused university building illegal rave and bizarrely I actually applied to this university and was accepted in 1998 but chose another one instead.

I never wanted to leave that place but we had to go home for work the next day, after 3 nights on a session. I did make it to my 6am Monday morning job as a Dustman at the time.

Last edited: